Topic: In-car Footage from #7 Team SOB

Some good racing laps from mid-day Saturday:
http://www.vimeo.com/6601818

Highlight Reel from both Days:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xww9jCMAvRQ

The camera in the car was running pretty much all weekend.  Lots of other action in the files I'm sure.  I'll post more here if I find anything else.

We had a great time on the track.  Pretty much everyone gave us lots of racing room (we needed it with our newbie driving skills!)  Hope to see everyone again in the Spring..

William
Team SOB

Re: In-car Footage from #7 Team SOB

That's some great perspective you're offering. I'm feeling really fortunate that our first race was on a 2+mile course (Buttonwillow) because what you're showing there is a completely different style of racing-- a LOT closer.

Man that VW is passing everybody. How much does it weigh?

We were actually not that fast.  Our fastest lap was only 1:06.9 - 4 seconds slower than the leaders.  I think we were just driving the car closer to that 1:06 time during these laps and the other cars were not pushing very hard.  (although it is fun to see us making all those passes!)

Curb weight for a MK2 Golf/GTI in the dealer's showroom was ~2200lb.  I'm guessing the car now weighs in the 1900lb range, but that's just a guess as we have not had a chance to weigh it.  The stock ~120hp engine moves the car pretty good at high RPMs, but is a bit short on low-end torque.  The lack of torque plus horrible understeer kept our corner speeds way down.

William
Team SOB

Good vids.... saw both our team cars in it smile.... IIRC from watching you, some cheap ebay springs for the front would prolly help a lot......

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Yes, we definitely need to work on our suspension.  It was pretty much a body roll-over festival, as long as we had brakes that weren't on fire!!!!

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!