Topic: Does anyone have any video of the pink Capri / Mustang from Nelsons?

I had some camera and forgetting problems on my stints at Nelsons.  I'm primarily looking for any footage of us taken in the first 1.5 hours, but if you have anything, I'd appreciate being able to see it.

Brian

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

Re: Does anyone have any video of the pink Capri / Mustang from Nelsons?

I have a lot of you guys.  Mostly from the back and then to the side.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

I know I spent some time around your Audi.  Maybe you could get some of it up on youtube????

About 1 hour into the race.  You look good working through traffic.

http://www.schumachertaxiservice.com/vids/Capri1.wmv (~47meg.  Raw footage.  Youtube processes too much out)

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

I'll talk to the Audi guys.  I wasn't in that car but heard they had video running.  As I come across your car, I'll post vids.

http://www.schumachertaxiservice.com/vids/Capri2.wmv

Huh.  So that's what that last turn looks like with good shocks!

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Thanks in advance Rob.  One hour in going through traffic is exactly what I was looking for.  However, I can't watch your vids on my Mac, and the dogs ate the cord for my laptop...

Loren wrote:

Racers secret...  Drill and drain the oil out of the shock.  Replace with motor oil or gear oil.  Weld hole.  Practically free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okk3A0s3jSU

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OY7Q39BNrI

RobL wrote:
Loren wrote:

Racers secret...  Drill and drain the oil out of the shock.  Replace with motor oil or gear oil.  Weld hole.  Practically free.

Just don't plug the hole with a Schrader valve, paint them black and try to play dumb to the Lemons judges after you're done!  wink

The 3000GT has those weird electronically adjustable shocks.  Word on the street is that they default to "stiff" when unplugged... but, I'm not even sure they were working at all.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

RobL wrote:
Loren wrote:

I was going to do that too.. what weight did you end up with? I was going to try redline 20w shock oil....

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

btp76 wrote:

Thanks in advance Rob.  One hour in going through traffic is exactly what I was looking for.  However, I can't watch your vids on my Mac, and the dogs ate the cord for my laptop...

Sure you can... Download Perian which adds a bunch of codecs to quicktime, or download VLC. Both are free.... Just watched it on my iMac.

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Thanks, Rob. I didn't take many photos but if there are any good ones of your cars I will let you know.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Spinnetti wrote:
RobL wrote:
Loren wrote:

I was going to do that too.. what weight did you end up with? I was going to try redline 20w shock oil....

Lee Grimes helped us do this, Dave.  I'm sure he would help you guys out too. We used heavy weight motorcycle fork oil purchased at harley davidson.  It was great for the first few hours. We were even able to keep up with your car. Then the 200k mile seals gave out, and it was a butt-puckering ride after that smile

Now that I know what I'm doing, I'd be glad to help you guys.

trippinbillies40 wrote:
Spinnetti wrote:

Lee Grimes helped us do this, Dave.  I'm sure he would help you guys out too. We used heavy weight motorcycle fork oil purchased at harley davidson.  It was great for the first few hours. We were even able to keep up with your car. Then the 200k mile seals gave out, and it was a butt-puckering ride after that smile

Now that I know what I'm doing, I'd be glad to help you guys.

Did we all get this secret from Lee?

Actually I learned most of my cheating secrets from my dad.  ...and learned to count cards from my mom...  I had a great childhood.

LOL. Lee is a great guy.  we had fun drinking beers and drilling the shocks. come to think of it, that combo might be why all 4 failed... smile

Wow Rob, thanks for putting that up for me.