Topic: cost of gas at Reno-Fernley

Anyone know what they are charging for race gas at the track? gotta budget the gambling money ya know.

Re: cost of gas at Reno-Fernley

1) If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

2) What in the world would you ever need 110 octane for?

"Age only matters if you're a cheese."  Helen Hayes

professional.dreamer wrote:

2) What in the world would you ever need 110 octane for?

REALLY BIG TURBOS!

http://www.mixing.com/photogallery/22MilWesLarge.jpg

We don't have a price for you--we sorta zoned out when we heard 100/110 octane would be our only choices....

I think the 110 might even be leaded, just in case you're running a 13:1 DZ302 or some such.

If you decide to go this route ... the last time I bought gas at Reno (they had 93 octane back then), it took about an hour to find the lady who had the key to the pump and get her over to the pumps. Plan your pit stops accordingly wink

To finish first, first you must finish. -Rick Mears
Pandamonium Racing

We use 110 (leaded) in the TransAm and GTA cars.  Last time I looked at the bill (which I really try NOT to do because it would just scare the hell outta me), race fuel was running $8.75/gallon.  The way I look at it, the Lemons entry fee is cheaper than my race weekend fuel costs!

John

"Age only matters if you're a cheese."  Helen Hayes

your killin me...lol we were gonna run mix based on our scientific calculations(love the smell of 110). we can get some at our local station which we usually do but theyre gettin $9/gal and if reno was $8/gal thats 1 more pull on the slots per lap complete...in the catarac...;)

What with the chili feed, I'm sure there will be plenty of gas in the pits....

Our single disco potato turbo ain't quite that big, but we decided to go the high octane route to rule out any possibility of detonation. We just bought 55 gallons of 111 race gas in a big yellow drum that we now need to haul up to the track. Yes, yours may be 110, but ours goes one more to 111 just in case we need it!

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

Just buy lots of the octane booster additive, and use that without gas... it'll make you go faster, plus you don't patronize big buck oil companies!

E30's should all go up in flames...

SharkBait wrote:

Our single disco potato turbo ain't quite that big, but we decided to go the high octane route to rule out any possibility of detonation. We just bought 55 gallons of 111 race gas in a big yellow drum that we now need to haul up to the track. Yes, yours may be 110, but ours goes one more to 111 just in case we need it!

That would cost more than our truck and trailer combined.... ack