Re: Great idea? Or greatest idea?

Get a Mazda 929! We still haven't had one in Lemons.

Okay, so the gods (or eldritch horrors?) of Lemons may have smiled upon us.

Someone who may be joining the team offered to donate a Slant 6 for the price of a 6-pack and help pulling it out of a 1970 Challenger that hasn't run in recent memory. For budget purposes, what's a "reasonable cost" to assume for an old 225 in unknown condition? How about if he throws in the 727 as well?

I'm getting a terrible/wonderful feeling about the thought of a shitty old Porsche with a /6 valve cover sticking out of a big hole in the hood...

C'mon, the Leaning Tower of Power aught to fit under that hood.

Best hood bulge EVER . Get the 'Super Six' 2bbl Carter and you're gonna WIN.

Only taxis came with 727s behind the 225, all others AFAIK came with the 904.

But rig up some kind of bellhousing and use the 924 transaxle! Again, WIN.
Or eldritch horror, as you say...

Volvo PV544 (RIP) - now with Chevy 3.9 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

SpaceFrank wrote:

Okay, so the gods (or eldritch horrors?) of Lemons may have smiled upon us.

Someone who may be joining the team offered to donate a Slant 6 for the price of a 6-pack and help pulling it out of a 1970 Challenger that hasn't run in recent memory. For budget purposes, what's a "reasonable cost" to assume for an old 225 in unknown condition? How about if he throws in the 727 as well?

I'm getting a terrible/wonderful feeling about the thought of a shitty old Porsche with a /6 valve cover sticking out of a big hole in the hood...

You put a /6 in a Porsche and you can assume that you'll get zero laps. You don't really need to worry about the budget at that point unless you go and cheat up the suspension or something like that.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I'll bet you could show up with the Challenger and not get any laps, so long as it's still rocking the sixer.

Professor Fate and Max (Team: Push the Button, Max!) will be participating in our 3rd road rally (Texas World Tour 2019, Escape From Moscow 2021) by driving in the 2022 Fall Failiage rally.  We'll be driving our Hannibal Twin-8 (also known as a 1967 Plymouth Valiant).  Can't wait to meet up with you guys and make new friends.
LarryFoster
Brewster, NY

lfoster wrote:

Professor Fate and Max (Team: Push the Button, Max!) will be participating in our 3rd road rally (Texas World Tour 2019, Escape From Moscow 2021) by driving in the 2022 Fall Failiage rally.  We'll be driving our Hannibal Twin-8 (also known as a 1967 Plymouth Valiant).  Can't wait to meet up with you guys and make new friends.
LarryFoster
Brewster, NY

I think you're lost.

since we're bumping an old thread, I just want to say I think it is hilarious to see the kinds of cars Frank was considering vs. the one he ended up with (hint: it wasn't a porsche or a civic)

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

And it has Turbo Powah!!!

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Oh, memories... in related news, we're currently making plans for EVR's 10th anniversary race (NOLA 2023).

I'm so glad y'all talked me out of a terrible Porsche swap.