Topic: Internet at Reno-Fernley Race

So, as what appears to be the only spectator to have arrived on tech day, I figure I might as well make myself useful in some form if possible.  There is free Internet available here, and it actually seems to be pretty decent in quality.  ClearWifi is the access point name and it looks like they just require you to keep a page open while you stay online. 

For people planning on using a cellular modem card of any sort, I can report that ATT/T-Mobile customers are only going to get an EDGE connection so it's pretty slow out here.

Looking like I probably should have just waited another day to head over, though.

Re: Internet at Reno-Fernley Race

That would have been nice to know... I waited until I got back to the hotel for it sad

Re: Internet at Reno-Fernley Race

Yeah, I had no idea what the track would have and was fully prepared to share out wifi on my laptop over a cellmodem (for the 2 hours it would last without power) but was surprised to find that out myself.  So, no cellmodem share, but that's all moot.

I'm the big guy with the green canopy that was set up between the snack bar and medical office.  Hope to be there tomorrow and Sunday if someone doesn't snipe the spot.  I know a couple of pits set up right behind where I was, but they left plenty of room for spectators and such up front.