Topic: NorCal racers: Pick Your Part closes Milpitas, Hayward yards

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/10/PYP_Closed-Dead_Pulpo-500px.jpg

Nobody has announced anything, but the PYP yards on Trade Zone in Milpitas and Winton in Hayward have been shut down. Look for rival Pick-N-Pull to jack up their prices now.

2 (edited by X-args 2009-10-17 09:35 PM)

Re: NorCal racers: Pick Your Part closes Milpitas, Hayward yards

Dammit! Winton was GOLD for us.

Richmond PNP is closer, but the Hayward yard had all kinds of Cavalier parts. The Financiopocalypse strikes again I guess.

Ah, now it makes more sense. LKQ bought them last year, and in the press bumf there's a reference to 'Expanding our SoCal Opportunities'...

Maybe the real estate was worth enough, that still sucks.

Volvo PV544 (RIP) - now with Chevy 3.9 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

The Pick-A-Part lots here in Houston have been reduced to two from around four and were recently bought by LKQ. 

Other similar yards are around but there are less of those too.

The service kinds sucks.  There is no where to wash your hands. 

I gashed myself in the forehead pretty good one day, breaker bar to the forehead, and it was bleeding pretty good.  They still wouldn't let me use their restroom.  They brought me out a cup of water and some paper towels.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

"""I gashed myself in the forehead pretty good one day, breaker bar to the forehead, and it was bleeding pretty good.  They still wouldn't let me use their restroom.  They brought me out a cup of water and some paper towels."""

I dont know why, but that statement made me all warm and cozy inside! In a very sick sort of way,

MurileeMartin wrote:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/j … -500px.jpg

Nobody has announced anything, but the PYP yards on Trade Zone in Milpitas and Winton in Hayward have been shut down. Look for rival Pick-N-Pull to jack up their prices now.

...they probably got a wind of '09 Scabenger Hunt, and decided it was in their best interest to close :-)))

Yeah, the loss of the Hayward yard bites. I especially liked the motorcycle section and the seasonal lake that would occasionally appear at the back by the Choo-Choo Mama. You could ALWAYS count on a malaise-era machine from France or Italy being in there somewhere. (The Choo-Choo Mama was a double-axle custom van with a mural of itself racing a train that also served as the back wall of the yard.)

Oh man, the Hayward closure is like a kick in the nuts. It seemed like the last few times i was in there, the yard was getting smaller and smaller

Huey Newis and the Lose
Don't Start Believin'