Topic: Signed up for Baja 1000 next november

So we just agreed to rent a truck and crew from Pistol Pete for next year's Baja 1000.  I thought Lemons was pricey.  We may have one slot open if anyone is interested.  I will say before you send a note, you can fund 15 Lemons cars for what the race will cost you.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

Re: Signed up for Baja 1000 next november

Jealous.  Really.

This is at the TIP TOP of my bucket list.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

What class? I have a 9 car I have not raced in 5 years ? I think next year I am gonna focus more on off road. I still think we need a Lemons off road race! $500 off road cars! class 11 herewe come!

Organizer's Choice Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 08', DNF Houston Yee-Haw Its Lemons 09'
Ugly Class 3 Winner Houston Gator-o-Rama  10', Ugly Class 3 Winner BFE Colorado 10', Ugly Class 3 Winner Texas World Speedway 12, We got Screwed Winner ECR 14', Barely Finished MSR 14' took a few years off but trying like hell for IOE in 2017!

4 (edited by bigds01 2012-10-14 05:34 AM)

Good question.  I know they are a spec class truck, not sure what that translates to for baja

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

bigds01 wrote:

Good question.  I know they are a spec class truck, not sure what that translates to for baja

Bajalite, I'd imagine.

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

I seem to recall there was a race/rally from L.A. to Vegas for $800 cars a few years ago. I can't seem to find anything about it on line now, which isn't good.

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Pete's trucks are great.... Are you going to run the V-8 BL or the Ecotec?  both are very good.  I helped pete with a few things on the LS configuration.... It's a MONSTER.

#3 IROC MAIDEN

You are killin' me with this Baja thing. I've said for a couple of years now that it's next on my list. I could offer TENS of dollars for a spot. And tons of off-road-at-high-speed experience. And technical/mechanical support. And logistical support. And security at night (I'll just sleep in the truck).

Did I mention I could offer TENS of dollars for a spot?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

15 Lemons cars...so, like $125?

I knew a guy out in Cali a few years back who was working on a Jeep for a Baja run.  I was all in, and then the project got scrapped and I lost touch with him.  Baja and Bonneville are both on the "To Do:" list for me.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

I hope decafe chimes in on his experience last year with his 1970's stock dirt bike.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

was  reading    right  to  last  post  i  did  the  mexican  1000  which is  the  baja  1000  with  dinner  and  beer  breaks   every  night     it  was  awesome  and   mine  was  like  a Lemons  race  on  a  1973   yamaha  sc   500  purchashed for  under   500  but  by the  time  i  finished  her  she is  the  most expensive   sc500 to  exist  worth  about 525.00 .   rally book reader   , gps   extra  front  fuel tank     i exented   her  range  to  almost  300 mile  which  is  hard to  do  on  a  500cc  2 stroke  .  blew  a hole  in  the  piston   1st  day  . hitchiked  over 300 miles with a broken motorcycle to reach  my  spares    ran  out   of  gas  in   desert when   mag-7  was   3  miles  off  with  pit  service    did  the  last  ten  miles  with  no clutch through deep sand  then   into  cabo  san lucas    traffic       finished      drank  beer        THE BEST  TIME IN  MY  LIFE

decafe wrote:

purchashed for  under   500  but  by the  time  i  finished  her  she is  the  most expensive   sc500 to  exist  worth  about 525.00

I laughed. wink

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing