Topic: Who was that masked car?

Just getting around to taking off our video from NL. Here is an interesting clip from the middle of the night.

http://www.vimeo.com/7135893

1985 528e Near Orbital Space Monkeys-GONE to orbit
1989 Rustang- "It's not like it's totally undriveable..."
"We came in pieces. We left in more..."

Re: Who was that masked car?

hahaha, i was like okayyy, our #42 Peg Leg Rum Runners goes by pretty swiftly with a dunce cone, then all the gravel shooting up i was like what the... then saw that... looks like #48 spins out?

I think I'd like to see the next 30-45seconds of video because i noticed a car i was duking it out with comes up on you at the very end of the clip.

http://cache-06.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2009/10/500x_LNL09-Top-039.jpg

That looks like Pedobear's Civic.

the free candy wasn't enough to save them...

Serj wrote:

hahaha, i was like okayyy, our #42 Peg Leg Rum Runners goes by pretty swiftly with a dunce cone, then all the gravel shooting up i was like what the... then saw that... looks like #48 spins out?

I think I'd like to see the next 30-45seconds of video because i noticed a car i was duking it out with comes up on you at the very end of the clip.

This I can provide. The night-cam was pretty darn good, you just lose all the color.

I pooped only a tiny, tiny bit. Washed right out.

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

7 (edited by David Hawkins 2009-10-19 05:07 AM)

I think the dirt and gravel was from me - if you watch closely, you can see me spin off on the inside of the turn before the Civic goes off on the outside. That was what took out the apex reflector for turn one....sure seemed to last a lot longer when it happened!

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

Reminds me of Viper Attack

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

David Hawkins wrote:

I think the dirt and gravel was from me - if you watch closely, you can see me spin off on the inside of the turn before the Civic goes off on the outside. That was what took out the apex reflector for turn one....sure seemed to last a lot longer when it happened!

I've watched that clip a number of times and never noticed your car going off to the right. I had wondered where the gravel came from!

Now if anyone has video from when someone took off our rear bumper, that I'd like to see.

David Hawkins wrote:

Oh that is funny!
The way you described it I too thought the adventure would have lasted like 10 minutes!
awesome video too!

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

Oh my.... Thanks for posting this... forwarding to the team now.. smile

I'm not sure which one of our guys was driving during this, we had two go off @ that corner...

-Chip

Free Candy Racing
www.freecandyracing.com

EvergreenDan wrote:

That scared the shit out of me... Damned viper trying to keep up with Vettes... when we they learn.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

13 (edited by Serj 2009-10-19 09:03 AM)

Riktor wrote:
EvergreenDan wrote:

That scared the shit out of me... Damned viper trying to keep up with Vettes... when we they learn.

well, the problem is, the car is physically capable, very few drivers are capable of making the viper go that fast. It eats the newbies, and a lot of more experienced guys. Just make sure you have some association with Chrysler or Zakspeed before attempting.

P.S@ Raydoc - thanks, My night stint was largely obscured by high glare and cheap cameras. would be nice to have a night spotting of the #24 Buick smile

Serj wrote:
Riktor wrote:
EvergreenDan wrote:

well, the problem is, the car is physically capable, very few drivers are capable of making the viper go that fast. It eats the newbies, and a lot of more experienced guys. Just make sure you have some association with Chrysler or Zakspeed before attempting.

P.S@ Raydoc - thanks, My night stint was largely obscured by high glare and cheap cameras. would be nice to have a night spotting of the #24 Buick smile

I am well aware of the Viper's capabilites... I also know that it is in fact, as you pointed out, a DRIVER'S car. It's not for the self proclaimed badass.

I was just trying to jab some ribs... surely some one on here owns a snake.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Gas, meet fire....