Topic: Congrats to "Bunny with a pancake on its head for taking the Bunny Cup

Just wanted to give you all props for taking the cup. You ran strong all weekend and were freaky fast when it mattered.  I saw shawn absolutely kill it in one corner with the inside wheel of the ground. After I saw that I was like "oh so thats how you do it" Pretty cool and thanks for the tech help on the White spy car. Tim

Re: Congrats to "Bunny with a pancake on its head for taking the Bunny Cup

The final pass for the Rabbit Cup happened at some point in the last 30-45 minutes....we were trying to get a head start on the awards, and we had to hold off on that one since it was too close to call. Now, I want to know what the Bunny had under the hood. That thing was quick in a straight line--you're average '83 Rabbit four-door sure ain't! (Might have had something to do with the Tomas Sport Tuning stickers everywhere on that thing.)

Thanks for the props, Tim!  You guys had yourselves stretched pretty thin, but still brought home Organizer's Choice! 
We assumed that we weren't going to win anything, so we kind of stood there with stupid looks on our faces for a second when Jay called our name.  big_smile
Nick, it's really nothing special.  Craigslist ABA (2 liter) block, '86-ish GTI head, mild cam, and good exhaust.  The car is just so frigging light that we couldn't get it to disobey us!  I'll happily show it to you at Buttonwillow, though.
Honestly, we were more concerned with being reliable and easy to drive than anything.  Being swift-ish was kind of a bonus.
Besides, everybody knows that Tomas only builds show cars...  wink

TST, fool.

It's a Bunny.  With a pancake.  On its head.  Really, is it that tough?

Yeah and I'll vouch for shawn. Our Black 83 is pretty freakin quick as well. In a straight line I think it's faster than Shawns. And it's pretty easy math. Take a car that strips down to about 1500 pds. Add a good junkyard motor. Which are about as cheap as dirt and you have one hell of a fast and reliable car. Ours just happens to be a stock 1.8 that we bought with the car but who knows what's been done to it. Since we've never even cracked it open. Oh and they handle great. It's funny that it took this long for other people to catch on to our car's abilities. For the longest time we've had the only Mk1 in the paddock. They are easy to sort out and are fun and safe to race.  As far as the bunny cup was concerned. If the race had ended at 3p.m. as scheduled we probably would have taken it. But an accident that happened at 3:10 involving two other cars damaged our drivers side fender to the point where it cut down our tire. 10 min. of repaires involving a baseball bat and a bunch of hoodlems jumping on the hood got us back out. Oh well thems the breaks. And was super stoked that the better team won. It couldn't happen to a better crew. We discussed this on the way home and I think that if we had won the peoples choice and the bunny cup I would have handed it to Shawn at the ceremonies. Their input helped us out alot with the white spy car and it's troubles. And it would have never made it without the Gas tank tube modification that Shawn and Tim suggested. Thanks once again boys and see you at Button Willow. This time it will be on like Donky Kong! Cheers. Tim

The Bunny is the most ridiculously lightened Lemons car I've ever seen. Those guys spent hours to remove ounces.

Hey, when you're my size, and not getting any smaller, the car has to do something to go better! 
Geez, Timmy, now yer makin' me blush!  tongue

TST, fool.

It's a Bunny.  With a pancake.  On its head.  Really, is it that tough?

Nah. Don't be gettin' shy now. No, you know how much I respect you. I still owe you one from the Corrado debacle back at Altamont. And I never forget when people or other teams help us out. Thats why when at the races I'm always offering up our spare parts to anybody who needs them.  It's just how we roll. Plus I really really want a Mk1 to win Lemons more than anything else. And we've got plans......Devious "Spy vs. Spy" plans. Now if I could just find a wrecked 1.8T or 1.9TDi........Hmmm. Time to check out Craigslist