1 (edited by Speedycop 2012-12-12 06:39 AM)

Topic: 12/12/12

Okay, not car related, but then we don't have a catchall "Lounge", so I'm posting this here.

It won't be until the 22nd century that we see a date like this again.

That's if the world doesn't end in nine days, on December 21st, as the Mayans predicted. Apparently, there are a couple of safe havens from this apocalypse---in France and Turkey:

A recent assessment performed by an online travel search website has found an increase in interest for destinations thought to be safe from the Mayan apocalypse, or the Dec. 21, 2012, predicted day of doom said to be based on the Mayan calendar.
Travel search website Skyscanner has reported a 41 percent increase in recent searches for one-way tickets to the remote farming town of Bugarach, located in Southern France, as well as a 30 percent increase in searches for a one-way ticket to the Turkish town of Şirince, located in the Izmir Province.

Both Bugarach and Şirince hold significance to those hoping to find shelter and safety from the predicted Mayan apocalypse.

Şirince is believed by some to be near the location where, according to the Roman Catholic faith, the Virgin Mary ascended into heaven, and therefore doomsday believers are seeking solace in this small hillside town.

Bugarach, on the other hand, is believed by some to be the home of extraterrestrials, who are residing in a cavity located inside the town's mountain, Pic de Bugarach.
When the apocalypse arrives, some believe the aliens will escape Earth via an UFO, and hopefully take a few lucky humans with them.

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/ma … G212mrz.99

http://global.christianpost.com/news/ma … key-86469/

:ohnoes:

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Re: 12/12/12

More on Bugarach:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -wine.html

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

Noticed any uptick of crazies at work?

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

in the DC area....how could he tell? that's a pretty high threshold to begin with.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

Now we have a place for those not so lemony posts. smile

TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:

Now we have a place for those not so lemony posts. smile

Excellent!
Thanks Chris.

7 (edited by Speedycop 2012-12-12 10:17 AM)

psychoboy wrote:

in the DC area....how could he tell? that's a pretty high threshold to begin with.

The collective commuter driving experience has been steadily degrading. I don't necessarily attribute this solely to the Mayan Calendar, or Obama's re-election. I think they are BOTH to blame.  big_smile

Yeah, tons of crazies, so about the same as always. Today we have the Free Tibet students demonstrating. No matter how many times I tell them I'll take it for free, they refuse to give it to me. That's false advertising, dammit!

I'm about to start driving the Apocowagon to work instead of the Amazon.  If for some reason there's an EMP pulse, the good ole mechanical diesel injection will keep going.  Then I just have to plow through the hordes of zombies and DC lawyers- no problem, given the big Dodge's ground clearance.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

HAPPY NATIONAL DING-A-LING DAY!

http://marklubbock.com/photogallery/photo_large/my%20ding%20a%20ling.jpg

http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholi … ingday.htm

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Speedycop wrote:

Today we have the Free Tibet students demonstrating.

Demonstrating in the wrong country, at that.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

obviously weren't geography students.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!