Re: While this is well and good, Bacon topics should not be in here...

MikeZilla wrote:

It should be noted that I have no Bio-diesel / Veggie Oil expertise, but as we all know, it has never been a requirement in Lemons to know what you are doing.
So start with a deep fryer filled with Peanut oil, which I heard is the best to run in old Benz's. Fry up a shit load of Bacon, which you use to bribe the Judges & feed any & all bacon lovers at the track. Let it cool & settle, Filter it out  & run it in your car with an inline fuel heater like my cousin has on his old Veggie-Oil Benz. For Good measure... Paint it up as a slab of Bacon.....Win,Win Win!

I happen to know that you can get 10lb boxes of bacon EXTREMELY inexpensively at Costco. It ain't good bacon, but it's bacon.

But perhaps even better, the grocery stores around here stock a brand that comes in a white-and-orange cardboard package (I'll look at the name next time I'm passing the fridge). It's total crap but it's often like $1.50/lb and even more importantly for this project, many of the packages are almost entirely fat.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

EyeMWing wrote:
MikeZilla wrote:

It should be noted that I have no Bio-diesel / Veggie Oil expertise, but as we all know, it has never been a requirement in Lemons to know what you are doing.
So start with a deep fryer filled with Peanut oil, which I heard is the best to run in old Benz's. Fry up a shit load of Bacon, which you use to bribe the Judges & feed any & all bacon lovers at the track. Let it cool & settle, Filter it out  & run it in your car with an inline fuel heater like my cousin has on his old Veggie-Oil Benz. For Good measure... Paint it up as a slab of Bacon.....Win,Win Win!

I happen to know that you can get 10lb boxes of bacon EXTREMELY inexpensively at Costco. It ain't good bacon, but it's bacon.

But perhaps even better, the grocery stores around here stock a brand that comes in a white-and-orange cardboard package (I'll look at the name next time I'm passing the fridge). It's total crap but it's often like $1.50/lb and even more importantly for this project, many of the packages are almost entirely fat.

I can get the scraps and chunks from the place that I get my slab bacon for about 1.50-2.00/lb. in comparison to the 4-8 dollars I pay per pound in slab form. doesn't cook out as nicely, but I'll be giving it an attempt at future races for giveaway bacon. 200- 250 dollars of bacon per race is a bit much.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

It occurred to me tonight while making some bacon for cheeseburgers that the phrase "delicious bacon" is as redundant as "ATM machine" or "NIC card." Bacon is always delicious, it's an inherent trait - so why waste the syllables?

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:

It occurred to me tonight while making some bacon for cheeseburgers that the phrase "delicious bacon" is as redundant as "ATM machine" or "NIC card." Bacon is always delicious, it's an inherent trait - so why waste the syllables?

Or my personal pet peeve, "VIN Number".

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

mechimike wrote:
ronman wrote:

Or my personal pet peeve, "VIN Number".

Most annoying part: It's not even a number!

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people looked deep within my soul and assigned me a number based on the order in which I joined.

ronman wrote:

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people looked deep within my soul and assigned me a number based on the order in which I joined.

Lemon Cutters?

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

Absofrigginlutely, Mike.

Who senses a theme? We do, we do...

Who flips a race car upside down?

Who dresses up in a wedding gown?

We do, we do!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Team fields world's first bacon burning car, resulting in an 86-car, single-file procession around the track at 30 mph following the bacon-burning vehicle... 85 trailing drivers mesmerized by the aroma and stuck in a bacon-induced trance, uttering senseless drivel on the radio and foaming at the mouth. All is well until the bacon vehicle is forced to pit, at which point there is an 86-car pile up in the hot pits.

Team Border Patrol, Houston TX
'97 Cherokee - Organizer's Choice TWS '12; Class B Champions ECR '14
'89 Comanche - Class C Champions ECR '13

Canadian Bacon is not Bacon.

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

Canadian Bacon is not Bacon.

"Hooser B'eh con".

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

The operative word in "Canadian bacon" is "con."

39 (edited by cdickman12 2012-12-22 07:11 PM)

http://2strokebuzz.com/2004/05/02/mmmm-exhaust-bacon

http://www.mrbaconpants.com/2009/06/bac … g-exhaust/

^^^^^Needs to be in the snowmobile powered Miata^^^^

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

cdickman12 wrote:

http://2strokebuzz.com/2004/05/02/mmmm-exhaust-bacon

^^^^^Needs to be in the snowmobile powered Miata^^^^

I can think of at least one other car that also would benefit from this.

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LWA12/LWA12-UG-468.jpg

Heck, this way I might even be able to talk Pete into driving it again.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally