Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

If someone can get it from Amarillo to Denver (just over 400 miles), I can probably talk someone here into driving it to Sears.

I'll take my truck and an empty trailer to CMP with me if it needs to go North to Baltimore/Washington/Philly/Pittsburgh to make a connection. My travel partner will be hugely distressed, but this is IMPORTANT!

I'd take it, but I wouldn't be able to use it until Summit.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Judge Phil wrote:

If someone can get it from Amarillo to Denver (just over 400 miles), I can probably talk someone here into driving it to Sears.

Alternately, how we'll does it drive? Real plates?

we *are* driving up to Sears from Phoenix the Thurs of that race weekend... Just no trailer space, if you get whatI'm sayin'...

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

davisriley wrote:

Of course you will, you seem to use bacon like currency.  And don't ever stop.

just remember kids, nothing says thank you like dollar bills in the waistband.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Type44 wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Alternately, how we'll does it drive? Real plates?

we *are* driving up to Sears from Phoenix the Thurs of that race weekend... Just no trailer space, if you get whatI'm sayin'...

I'm concur...OMG Racing can fully support this. We can get it from  Phoenix to Sonoma if it's streetable.

#59 Team Tinworm - 2012 Arse Sweat - Humber Super Snipe (IOE)
#140 OMG Racing - 5 time loser and counting
Winner of 2013 Sonoma Marin County Dot Com Bomb Regional Trophy

It's completely stock and street legal.  It had A/C before Ron got his grubby mittens on it.  The rear suspension is chained and welded but bolt cutters could fix that.

Who's going to step and commit to taking it?   I still have the stock seat(s) and will include them for long road trips.

The girls are going to win class C at CMP because they will just turn laps in it and not blow it up.

b

This space for rent.

tSoG wrote:
davisriley wrote:

Bacon in the G-string?

EyeMWing wrote:

I'll take my truck and an empty trailer to CMP with me if it needs to go North to Baltimore/Washington/Philly/Pittsburgh to make a connection. My travel partner will be hugely distressed, but this is IMPORTANT!

I'd take it, but I wouldn't be able to use it until Summit.

This was something along the lines I was thinking of.  The K-car racecar will not do all the 24HoL races, but it could wind it's way back up to several east coast races, head midwest, go south and then head west.

EyeMWing, would you be willing to pick up the Parnelli Jones Galaxie and get it down to CMP?  That would be your K-forward!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I LOVE this. The palpable excitement I feel on this forum about this Ridiculously Awesome (or Awesomely Ridiculous) idea is ANOTHER reason why I love this series SOOOOO much.
I am down for any part of the Buttonwillow ----> Ridge leg. I think I could make that happen. I mean, I'll need help since I'm pretty sure my regular teammates will scoff at me like they did about the Biarritz. I'll be needing some vacation time around then and what could be more relaxing than towing a K-Car to the Ridge.

The best way to do this would be to go east to west, finishing at Buttonwillow, Thunderhill, or Chuckwalla. That way the car can have the tour of each region.

Here's a crazed scheme that would get the K-wagon to 11 of this year's 18 races, hit all the regions, yet cut out the worst of the transport crunches involved in trying to do tons of races. 2 East Coast races, 2 Midwest, 2 Gulf, 1 Mountain, 4 West Coast.

March: CMP
April: Monticello, Gingerman
May: ECR
June: BFEGP at HPR, 4 weeks to get it to Buttonwillow
July: the Ridge
Aug: (nap. park the K at HQ for a bit of media whoring, perhaps?)
Sept: Thunderhill, then 2 weeks to get to Houston
Oct: nap.
Nov: Road America
Dec: Season-ender at Chuckwalla

Google Map of route

Yes, it's regrettable to skip so many events (CMP fall, Loudon, WV, more), but this would make for only one "sprint" (1 week between races): Monticello to Gingerman in April. Everything else has at least two weeks to do all the lugging around.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Now if Judge Phil can get "Special K" from Denver to the track,
I could get "Special K" from CMP to St. Louis
Then all we need is someone to get it from St. Louis to Denver ~12 hrs drive

I've been thing about transportation.
If you are driving a car, you have to have insurance.
If you are towing a car, the towing car's insurance covers the "being towed" car
So why don't we scrounge up a tow bar if the car is a manual transmission
Or a tow dolly, if the car is an automatic
I think this would make "Special K" far easier to move around

'ported, relieved, with bored-out arm rests, and oversize seat covers.

i might be able to tow it from texas to sonoma.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

If Tsog or Eyewing can bring it up north from CMP my team of complete noobs (besides myself) would run it at Monticello.  Even if they only got it to the Baltimore/Harrisburg region, that would save me about 14 hours of going to CMP and back.

What tires does it have on?  I would expect to send some new sneakers with it to the next team.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

I'm not working the Buttonwillow race, because I'll be covering Speed Week at Bonneville for Autoweek at that time. I suppose I could drive the K from Denver to Wendover and then some California person could meet me there and take it the remaining 700 miles to Buttonwillow.

So, Judge Phil, you're saying you might explore "Special K''s horsepower and aerodynamic limits while your waiting around the BONNEVILLE SALT FLATS for the next transport crew to arrive

'ported, relieved, with bored-out arm rests, and oversize seat covers.

So tSoG is willing to tow the first TWO legs? And I thought we loved you just for your bacon. This is an awesome thing that MUST be done. This is another reason why I love Lemons. So we have the first three races covered? Now we need to find a place to keep it before the trip to Texas. Any volunteers? I could get it to the Chicago area and possibly beyond but don't have anywhere to keep it.

So the car will not have a seat or harness? That's something every team will have to plan for as well as little things like tires and brakes.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Or a transmission or engine, how is that going to work with a tight schedule?

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

cabinboy wrote:

So the car will not have a seat or harness? That's something every team will have to plan for as well as little things like tires and brakes.

Right.  We borrowed the seat from DC Doug and it has to go into the Barracuda for our trip down to Mexico in April. 

BTW:  it is a 1987 Plymouth Reliant K Wagon, 2.2 FI Automatic.  = for parts and such.

I strongly recommend that you just put it in drive and go - and don't shift up and down.  We starved the main bearings for oil and that is why Ron's hands are dirty.

This space for rent.

Wendell34 wrote:
tSoG wrote:
davisriley wrote:

Bacon in the G-string?

new meaning to the phrase "bringin home the bacon"

cabinboy wrote:

So tSoG is willing to tow the first TWO legs? And I thought we loved you just for your bacon. This is an awesome thing that MUST be done. This is another reason why I love Lemons. So we have the first three races covered? Now we need to find a place to keep it before the trip to Texas. Any volunteers? I could get it to the Chicago area and possibly beyond but don't have anywhere to keep it.

monticello to gingermann is relatively easy transport for me, working on it not so much. I won't be able to take it home after gingermann though, since le mopar will probably be back on the trailer for the trip home.

racinrob wrote:

If tSoG or Eyewing can bring it up north from CMP my team of complete noobs (besides myself) would run it at Monticello.  Even if they only got it to the Baltimore/Harrisburg region, that would save me about 14 hours of going to CMP and back.

What tires does it have on?  I would expect to send some new sneakers with it to the next team.

It'd be easier for me to drive straight home to NW PA after CMP, and either deliver, meet 1/2 way (denny's beer barrel pub?), or let you pickup at your convenience. I am approx 200 miles from shiptown fyi.

out of curiousity, how much does this rig weigh?
also, is there room on the all girls team for "strange man in skirt, with offensively large... bacon pile"

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG,

Which way do you come back from CMP?  I am thinking you would need to come fairly close to Ship on your way.

I have no problem with you taking it home and to Monticello if you will have time to get the seat mounted.

Of course, all this is contingent on NSF picking us to be that team.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

I like the idea of working it's way west vs going back and forth.   The last thing we want is for a team to get it out west and miss the East/South races.   But remember, this is a giveaway and the team that gets it should try to make arrangements to give it away prior to taking ownership.   

It's like a chain letter, that leaks oil.

How about who ever gets stuck with, I mean who ever the last owner is should take it to the scrap yard and donate the proceeds to http://www.alexslemonade.org/ , or some other worthwhile cause.

This space for rent.

if it shows up in monticello we could probably get it to Loudon, and then deliver it to Summit - but that would mean it wouldn't make the three midwest races interspersed in there (without help).

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

cpchampion wrote:

March: CMP
April: Monticello, Gingerman
May: ECR
June: BFEGP at HPR, 4 weeks to get it to Buttonwillow
July: the Ridge
Aug: (nap. park the K at HQ for a bit of media whoring, perhaps?)
Sept: Thunderhill, then 2 weeks to get to Houston
Oct: nap.
Nov: Road America
Dec: Season-ender at Chuckwalla

Google Map of route

Let's give this a try.  My hope is that it'll have a 440/727 in it for the season ender.

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

I like the idea of working it's way west vs going back and forth.   The last thing we want is for a team to get it out west and miss the East/South races.   But remember, this is a giveaway and the team that gets it should try to make arrangements to give it away prior to taking ownership.   

It's like a chain letter, that leaks oil.

How about who ever gets stuck with, I mean who ever the last owner is should take it to the scrap yard and donate the proceeds to http://www.alexslemonade.org/ , or some other worthwhile cause.

I like the last part too.  Let it go out in a blaze of glory, and help out after.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!