Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

Jay's going to knock a hundred off the "Next entry"  I guess it'll be up to the next owner to hit him up again...

b

******************************************************************************************************************************

Sure, I'll kick down a $100 toward the next entry of the thing. Seems like the least we can do to lessen the pain of driving it for someone....

John "Jay" Lamm, Chief Perpetrator
24 HOURS OF Lemons
5675 Horton Street, Suite C
Emeryville CA 94608
510.655.5980 x23 (Jay direct)

On Feb 26, 2013, at 10:53 AM, Bob MItchell wrote:

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … p?id=20792

We're running out of room for our crappy cars at NSF.  So, we've decided to give the K car away to a team, any team, with the understanding that it gets raced once and is passed on to another team, (repeat) ...  So far there are three teams very interested in the wagon and Phil has even offered to help get it to California.

Here comes the begging part:

Would you consider sweetening the pot by knocking say a hundred bucks off the entry fees to stimulate this idea and to offset the gas used to transfer the car from one team to another.  It'll be at CMP in case you were missing it.

This space for rent.

racinrob wrote:

tSoG,

Which way do you come back from CMP?  I am thinking you would need to come fairly close to Ship on your way.

I have no problem with you taking it home and to Monticello if you will have time to get the seat mounted.

Of course, all this is contingent on NSF picking us to be that team.

I live about 30 miles from I79. It's only a little over 100miles out of my way to drop it off, but the trouble is, gotta be to work monday morning, 7am. and that 100 miles ends up being another 3 hours tacked on to my drive through the night.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

If you guys can pull off the Monticello race, It's yours.  Start looking for the next owner...

This space for rent.

I volunteer!

If it's drivable and has tags, we'll drive it up to DC and on to Monticello. I have two cars entered and they're both gonna be at CMP - I doubt they'll both survive and I need a Plan C, since I'll be flying to Sonoma and will only have one weekend to fix whatever broke at CMP.

K Car Stalker

firegremlin wrote:

I volunteer!

If it's drivable and has tags, we'll drive it up to DC and on to Monticello. I have two cars entered and they're both gonna be at CMP - I doubt they'll both survive and I need a Plan C, since I'll be flying to Sonoma and will only have one weekend to fix whatever broke at CMP.

It does not have tags.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Mail me title, it'll have MD tags by the time we get there.

K Car Stalker

tSoG wrote:
racinrob wrote:

tSoG,

Which way do you come back from CMP?  I am thinking you would need to come fairly close to Ship on your way.

I have no problem with you taking it home and to Monticello if you will have time to get the seat mounted.

Of course, all this is contingent on NSF picking us to be that team.

I live about 30 miles from I79. It's only a little over 100miles out of my way to drop it off, but the trouble is, gotta be to work monday morning, 7am. and that 100 miles ends up being another 3 hours tacked on to my drive through the night.

Okay.  I thought maybe you would be coming up 81 to 70.

I was just trying to think of the easiest way to get it early to get the seat installed.

Maybe it is best for one of the teams actually running both CMP and MMC to do it.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

58 (edited by EyeMWing 2013-02-26 06:56 PM)

Sounds like I'm towing the galaxie down and an empty trailer up. Email me and we can make arrangements to move the k north.

I can get it to ship without much difficulty.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

K it Forward:

March: CMP NSF
April: Monticello, Gingerman Sputnic
May: ECR  OPEN
June: BFEGP at HPR, 4 weeks to get it to Buttonwillow  OPEN
July: the Ridge  OPEN
Aug: (nap. park the K at HQ for a bit of media whoring, perhaps?)  OPEN
Sept: Thunderhill, then 2 weeks to get to Houston  OPEN
Oct: nap.
Nov: Road America  OPEN
Dec: Season-ender at Chuckwalla  OPEN

Is this the plan?  I think this is a easy way to keep track.  Of course if someone wants to fit in another race and can make accommodations with the current owner that's good too. 

Remember it is a car in a race not a race car.  After we hand off the car the decisions of the "current owner" are his to make. 

Good Luck!

This space for rent.

I'd be honored to champion its care for the Season Ender and have it part of the onslaught. I believe i have just "the ticket" for it...

(Full disclosure: seats for Class C Onslaught III will likely be $550 a head to rotate through whatever cars i have to bring, if Bob would prefer a different arrangement ( like me prepping it for the original NSF team instead) i'm also down for that.

firegremlin, do you want it for MMC?  I am not going to fight over it.  If you think you need will need it, go ahead.  I was just volunteering because no one else had done so and it sounded like fun.

We are not running CMP, so we have the extra time to get our one car ready.

Eyewing, if Team Sputnik does not take it for MMC that sounds like a plan.  I would even be happy to meet you half way or better from your place to mine.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

I think this deserves its own epic build thread.

Spank, After the car leaves CMP it's really going to be out of my control.  Put your name on the season ender for first dibs.  I think that'll be the best way for teams to exchange the Super K.

K it Forward:

April: Monticello, Gingerman Sputnic
June: BFEGP at HPR, 4 weeks to get it to Buttonwillow  OPEN
Sept: Thunderhill, then 2 weeks to get to Houston  OPEN
Dec: Season-ender at Chuckwalla  SPANK

This space for rent.

Wait, we won't be racing at Gingerman. I can drive it up there, though, if noone will be there at Monticello to pick it up.

K Car Stalker

I'm interested in taking either the Buttonwillow or the Ridge duty or helping out whoever does. I want to try to talk a certain West Coast Lemon Legend with a Lemon tattoo and large pink jacket into being part of this. Seems like a natural. Seems like Lorin should be involved in this somehow as well. I know I can get the car to the Ridge if someone wants to help once it gets there. I need the mechanical help. I can do logistics and organizing. I can make myself available to "assist" with Buttonwillow since it needs to move from team to team and shouldn't be the same "team" doing both. I can assist with any of the West Coast races really. But I will make sure it gets to Ridge.
I drove the Biarritz. I'm familiar with the "car at a race and not a race car" mentality.

As this starts to happen we should try to do an old suitcase or steamer trunk sticker style graphic for each location. Or at least attach the patches from each race. But a largish travel style sticker from each race would be kinda cool I think.

Wendell34 wrote:

I'm interested in taking either the Buttonwillow or the Ridge duty or helping out whoever does. I want to try to talk a certain West Coast Lemon Legend with a Lemon tattoo and large pink jacket into being part of this. Seems like a natural.

Actually, the Big O has both wrenched on and raced the wagon already (ECR).  He knows what a fine steed this is.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I can keep it at my place,ace here in Phoenix if necessary to help a team get it out to buttonwillow or Chuckwalla.  Spank, if you get it for Chuckwalla, maybe we can bring it from Phoenix to the center of nowhere...

#59 Team Tinworm - 2012 Arse Sweat - Humber Super Snipe (IOE)
#140 OMG Racing - 5 time loser and counting
Winner of 2013 Sonoma Marin County Dot Com Bomb Regional Trophy

I think the roof should be painted like the US and then have all the states it goes thru painted like this those US sticker on RVs.

I will work with Wendell34 where needed can provide trailer .

We should make an account on PayPal with a credit car so we car changes hands the card comes with it for fuel and repairs .

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Wetbed0 wrote:

I think this deserves its own epic build thread.

Yes it does!

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

I'd like to race it at Gingerman if it's still available. There's two weeks between Gingerman and Eagle's Canyon. That'll give us a week to fix anything we break and pass it on to the next team while giving them a week to install their seat. Anyone  want it for ECR?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Everyone who drives it should also sign it.

It could end up as quite a list. 

Maybe cut out the sheetmetal at the end of the last race and send it back to NSF HQ.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Everyone who drives it should also sign it.

It could end up as quite a list. 

Maybe cut out the sheetmetal at the end of the last race and send it back to NSF HQ.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the hood or a door. Might be hard to find room by the last race.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

K it Forward:

April: Monticello, Gingerman Sputnic // NMF cabinboy
June: BFEGP at HPR, 4 weeks to get it to Buttonwillow  OPEN // OPEN
Sept: Thunderhill, then 2 weeks to get to Houston  OPEN // OPEN
Dec: Season-ender at Chuckwalla  SPANK

This space for rent.

I'll graciously donate one of my crappy plastic dune buggy seats for a passenger to keep driver company, in case anyone else will be driving it as opposed to trailering.

Does anyone have a cheap lemons-grade tech-worthy seat in MD/VA//DC/SC area? I think I have a spare latch-lock 5-point harness somewhere.

Also, I can keep it tagged and insured for the year as opposed to just march/april, if anyone wants to think of a decent arrangement (say, give me 10 12-packs after Monticello, then the next person to get the car gets 9 from the next person, then 8, and so on). It shouldn't cost much and will encourage country-wide hooliganism and irresponsible drinking.

K Car Stalker