Topic: The Lemons Supercar

As some of you know, Judge Frank aka Frankdatank aka Team Running with Scissors, Judge Scott, and myself have purchased a shell of a supercar for $600.
The car was listed for $650 and Frank talked the owner down. He kinda felt bad about it too. Then he came to his senses.

The car was put into a mini-warehouse before the owner moved to Australia (6 years ago). Delinquent rent led the landlord to sell the contents: enter CraigsList
Less than 24 hours after posting the ad, it was on my trailer.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/13710_471852252850606_1979165857_n.jpg

After loading the shell, the landlord said "if you see any parts that might belong to the car, go ahead and take them".
There were Audi, Benz, Porsche, BMW, Rover, Peugeot, Dodge and Ducatti parts, but not much that belonged to our car.
Impatiently, the landlord said, "Why dont you boys take all the parts. It will save me space in my dumpster".

if you need parts, look here

I invited some friends over on saturday, and we moved the car into Hoonatic Racing Fabworks, but where to shop for Supercar parts on a Lemons budget? Hell if I know, so I'm mixing stuff up.
Frank and I are road tripping to Dallas this week to pick up some 70's British suspension bits to try to make it a roller.
I went to the eBay Australia site to find some JDM tail lights to a riceburner that was never offered stateside for a little bit of style.

Chief Perp has offered these suggestions for a motor:
Ford V8-60
Twin 13B Mazda's inline
Caterpillar diesel
Supra L6 with tinfoil-coated cam covers
Cummins with top stacks
454 or 460
BMW 750il V12
Inline 6 with a junkyard Eaton blower off of a Buick

Obviously we have a lot of engine room (it is a supercar, after all) but i want to keep the weight down, so i may just rule out the heavy iron stuff.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Re: The Lemons Supercar

As a supercar, it needs to have an appropriate engine, or the most inappropriate engine you can find.

Appropriate: V12s.  Supercars must have a V12, so you have options from Jaguar, BMW and Mercedes!

Inappropriate: Tractor/equipment/80's truck IDI non turbo diesel.  Two stroke outboard motor.  International Harvester anything.  Flathead anything.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

I sense a lot of bullshit in this story.

No, seriously there are a buncha cows and stuff.  big_smile

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Air cooled flat 6!

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

And obviously that car cover is very wrong.   Whatever is under the cover is certainly not "Reliable".

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Sonic wrote:

As a supercar, it needs to have an appropriate engine, or the most inappropriate engine you can find.

Appropriate: V12s.  Supercars must have a V12, so you have options from Jaguar, BMW and Mercedes!

What, no Lamborghini?  No Ferrari?  No Aston Martin?

This sound like a good application for a twin V6 installation.

bs

Beer on me at the lost in the dark world headquarters?

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

I vote it's an E-type.

Wetbed0 wrote:

I vote it's an E-type.

E-type Jag ≠ Super car

Except, maybe

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2RsH56kqVas/T2i9RhPOdwI/AAAAAAAAAmQ/kKX2ciliKXw/s1600/Hearsejag.jpg

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

http://www.hb-industries.com/Parts%20&a … plies.html

http://www.hb-industries.com/images/Parts%20&%20Supplies/buick%20straight%208%20overhead%20valve%20003.jpg

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Prolong the mystery by racing it with the car cover.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

I think the V-12 idea has merit.

How about a Detroit Diesel 12-71?  S/F....Ken M

it needs to have an appropriate engine, or the most inappropriate engine you can find.

V12 would be nice. I found a rough running 750 for a grand. I really want to do a Triton V10 with a 5 speed, but I'm out voted by the rest of the team on that one.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

How long is the engine compartment?

SpaceFrank wrote:

How long is the engine compartment?

All the way from the radiator support to the firewall.

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

Well, at least we know it's front-engined now.

Tell me it's not a Viper shell o_O

K Car Stalker

shouldn't there be a way to couple 3 iron dukes for a 453 ci straight 12?

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

SpaceFrank wrote:

Well, at least we know it's front-engined now.

who says I know anything?

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

Drdanteiii wrote:

shouldn't there be a way to couple 3 iron dukes for a 453 ci straight 12?

4 Geo Metro motors. 4 liter straight 12! 250hp!

K Car Stalker

http://www.alicia-logic.com/capsimages/ff_068ToyotaSupra.jpg

Ta-Da, a 10 second car!

Knoxvegas Lowballers  Metro SVT, Multi-Powertrain-Van, The Hooptiecorn
2013 - Heroic Fix, Judge's Choice, Heroic Fix       2014 - IOE,Class-C Win
2015- Judge's Choice, Class B Win,Class A/Overall Win     2016- Org. Choice, B

gm2 wrote:

http://www.alicia-logic.com/capsimages/ff_068ToyotaSupra.jpg

Ta-Da, a 10 second car!

My racecar goes faster on the trailer than it does on the track.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

stimpyvan wrote:

Air cooled flat 6!

TWIN Air Cooled flat sixes!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Sparky Pete wrote:
stimpyvan wrote:

Air cooled flat 6!

TWIN Air Cooled flat sixes!

13 briggs and stratton 10hp air cooled engines?

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

Drdanteiii wrote:

13 briggs and stratton 10hp air cooled engines?

This is clearly the only answer.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice