Topic: How NOT to enter pit row!

This black car almost got the same fate as the Rockstar car! If you are going to be pitting you need to be on the pit entrance side well before 100ft before it!

I got a black flag for "passing a car waving to goto pit lane" which is total BS IMO. I couldn't even see his hand out the window till I was next to it and even then it looked like he was pointing for me to pass since he was on the right side of the track lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=363awRD6v44

Please take note and be on the correct side sooner next time, its for everyones safety!

Re: How NOT to enter pit row!

What a glorious sounding car, Fish!  Also, straight-cut gears?

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Yeah WTF was he supposed to do? Lock it up so the other guy could pit??? Maiden was at 91 MPH in 3rd gear when you could see his hand out the window..

#3 IROC MAIDEN

I agree with all 3 comments here. Serious saftey issue! Setup pinning yourself on the outside during t10, not after.
  The Maiden was blowing some healthy flames during those shifts out of the bus stop BTW!  I'm glad the incar video confirms my speculation of badarse racecar!

DC Doug wrote:

Also, straight-cut gears?

Dog box... in Lemons...

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Was the driver Asian or a Women?

Thats total BS. 
Like trying to hit the exit from the fast lane when you are the slowest car on the freeway.

Triple Nickel Racing/TGTW Offroad   
#20 Border Patrol Cherokee "BPC" 
#22 Pink in the Middle Comanche "Double D"
#24 Green Door Handle Scrapping Corolla

RobL wrote:
DC Doug wrote:

Also, straight-cut gears?

Dog box... in Lemons...

In the loserest make and model ever to run Lemons... What a combo!

#3 IROC MAIDEN

Ya this track was a handful for the Maiden that's for sure! I couldn't get traction off any of the banked corners. I'm sure some of the cars have some awesome incar of it lol I felt more like Ken Block in gymkhana most of the day!

You got a black flag for that?!? I'm not sure why  a flag would have been flown at all, other than the black car having his ARM out the window. (one of my drivers got black flagged for that in our early years.)

That's some bull-crap right there. Bad call by the ref, etc etc.

And of course once you pull into the pits - you are guilty no matter what. Kind of a loose-loose situation.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Ignoring the safety aspects of this already mentioned, the car on the wrong side of the track, and the horrible timing of the signal itself, this one is the flagger's bad.  That was not a "I'm pitting signal".  "I'm pitting" is an arm out the window, elbow at 90 degrees, and clinched fist.  It's not an arm flat with a point.  That's a signal to allow the car behind to pass and indicate to pass on the left, which is what happened.  The flagger should have sent the other car to the penalty box for an entertaining lesson on appropriate signals.

2012 North Dallas Hooptie Judge's Choice Winners
If life gives you Lemons, install racing brakes!
https://www.facebook.com/JoBoRacing

555race wrote:

Was the driver Asian or a Women?

It's funny because it's racist, right?

I'm glad you guys understand why I posted this hahah. Yes once in the penalty box it's always your fault I know but sometimes it's really not when we say its not smile Luckily Phil was cool and it didn't cost us much time.

My first black flag was for the wrong car # and the track worker before the chicane held up a hand written sign to me after I was back on the track that said "sorry". Maybe these weren't the usual track workers since it was Monday?

Looks like he gave the Maiden a point by to me. I'm not a flagger, though. Most of you would be grateful that I am not!

Wonder if this flagger was the same guy I saw holding the yellow, who put down the yellow, answered his cell phone, then picked the yellow up again. They need to cover how to read that one at the drivers meeting.  Where's the penalty box for flagging like that?? Do the robot dance, fool!

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

You guys got screwed.

Gary
Otter Pops VW Rabbit
New York Rock Exchange

GarySheehan wrote:

You guys got screwed.

Yes the two bogus black flags cost us first loser position for sure.

#3 IROC MAIDEN

16 (edited by stimpyvan 2013-03-28 03:28 PM)

Fish wrote:

This black car almost got the same fate as the Rockstar car!"

What number car? And what happened to them?

And, you got screwed.

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

With the metal mesh t-top roof, the interior of the Maiden looks simply lovely.  Like sitting on a garden patio with a trellis roof.  Just the right amount of light and shadow.  Well done.

And yes, that was a point by, whatever the driver's intention.  You got the short end of the black flag.

10x loser (Arse-Freeze '11 - Vodden '15) 1x WINNER! Arse-Freeze '14 in the Watermelon Volvo Wagon
Swedish Knievel Skycycle('90 Volvo 740 Wagon)

gump wrote:

With the metal mesh t-top roof, the interior of the Maiden looks simply lovely.  Like sitting on a garden patio with a trellis roof.  Just the right amount of light and shadow.  Well done.

Thank you!  Some teams have quality drivers and others have quality fab.... There are no rules on time and effort. 

Ya see we are shitty drivers.... We have to make up for it in fab....LOL

#3 IROC MAIDEN

At Buttonwillow the Nissan maxima or sentry that was driven there by the Far East individuals did a left turn to pit exit from right side of track in front of my Topless car destroyed my passenger door . They had insurance I didn't ! Haha !

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

20 (edited by TrenchFoot 2021-09-03 01:23 PM)

Low Road Racing:  Stylemaster/Mustang II/Sunbird/Spirit AMX

We will not compromise our morals and build anything but a class C car.
"You take the high road, we'll take the low."