Topic: The Man with the Golden Gun

Anyone every notice the huge AMC influence in this movie?

Not surprisingly, this movie is terrible.

Re: The Man with the Golden Gun

Yeah! As a kid, I saw a thrill show in Atlantic city around that time that featured an "Astro Spiral" jump like the one in the movie...also with a Hornet. The signage was painted upside down on the car. Don't know the driver, but the show featured a balloon jump by a guy named Joe Gerlach, as I recall. Grew up wanting a Gremlin as a result. In time, it wore off....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

jimeditorial wrote:

Grew up wanting a Gremlin as a result. In time, it wore off....

Parents gave me a Gremlin... the stigma never really ever washed off...

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

In time, it wears off, but ya gotta scrub hard...I recommend small British sports cars.  Lots of gremlins....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

5 (edited by Solracer 2009-08-27 01:15 AM)

jimeditorial wrote:

Yeah! As a kid, I saw a thrill show in Atlantic city around that time that featured an "Astro Spiral" jump like the one in the movie...also with a Hornet. The signage was painted upside down on the car. Don't know the driver, but the show featured a balloon jump by a guy named Joe Gerlach, as I recall. Grew up wanting a Gremlin as a result. In time, it wore off....

Could you be thinking of Jay Milligan who did the stunt in the Bond movie and ran a stunt show about the same time?

I've been thinking a Gremlin would be an interesting Lemons car or better yet an Eagle SX/4.

Solracer wrote:

I've been thinking a Gremlin would be an interesting Lemons car or better yet an Eagle SX/4.

The thought crossed my mind too... until I remember how it handled on the canyons up in the Sierras. Sheesh! A lot of fun to drive with a torquey 258 six (even with an automatic!), but you don't drive it so much as "suggest" which way to point, and hope the direction of travel eventually catches up without bitch-slapping you..

Then again... that might be an improvement over our current lemon.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Solracer wrote:

A team tried to run a Gremlin at MSR Houston.  It blew up.  Repeatedly.  But it was highly entertaining - the GremWow! covered in ShamWow towels.  Thumbs up.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

We had the indignity of being passed by GremWow Sunday when our mustang developed engine troubles.  (banging head against wall)

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

Stovebolt wrote:

We had the indignity of being passed by GremWow Sunday when our mustang developed engine troubles.  (banging head against wall)

So you got to drive around looking at this... so sorry

http://www.ronman.org/pics/Lemons/yeehawtx/09/1/pa240015_std.jpg