Topic: I hereby vote that this endevour be renamed "despair across america"

So, I've realized that Lemons racers are mostly Sadists, and/or idiots. What I didn't realize is that I was most likely both. Then I volunteered to help with K it forward.

A friend asked me the other day "so you ever gonna buy that Rabbit over south of the lumbermill?" and then I realized they were stupid, for having no idea what the difference is between a vw rabbit, and a dodge omni) and so was I, for forgetting about an omni 6 miles from my house.

Went to pick up a friend after work, and check out the car. no luck, it's gone off to the scrapyard. would have been perfect, so we say "oh well... lets get a few things done on the k car." and then my rear end decides to make a lil bit of chatter when turning around, got a few lil things done on the car, dropped him back off at his place and this happened when I turned around in my driveway.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tSoG_bucket/because%20racecar/image8_zps81f7b1ce.jpg

currently looking for a replacement driveshaft, but renting a uhaul truck tomorrow, or stealing a truck from someone to get the car out.

this may have been a bad idea.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Re: I hereby vote that this endevour be renamed "despair across america"

So are you telling the Super K is your daily driver now?  I'll bet you'll garner some attention on the freeway.  I'll kick in.  PM me your Paypal info.  What better place to shear a drive-shaft than at home?  Count your blessings.

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

So are you telling the Super K is your daily driver now?  I'll bet you'll garner some attention on the freeway.  I'll kick in.  PM me your Paypal info.  What better place to shear a drive-shaft than at home?  Count your blessings.

oh I know. I would love for the K car to be my daily driver (more hint that I'm an idiot/sadist), if it wasn't on my trailer waiting to go 9 hours to chicago tomorrow evening. If it survives the season, and still manages to resemble something that should pass PA inspection, I'll buy it, or donate to whatever charity the person in charge of such decisions decides, and I'll drive it every day.

About a million worse things could have happened, and as bad as the timing is, 24 hours later would have been much much worse. at the very least, I think the trophy of broken parts should be named "despair across america" and I'd like to petition to attach the yoke from this driveshaft, to said trophy.

tSoG wrote:

I think the trophy of broken parts should be named "despair across america" and I'd like to petition to attach the yoke from this drive-shaft, to said trophy.

You have possession of the K, therefore you are the current owner of everything K.  Adding your yoke to the trophy must happen.

This space for rent.

Keep a fire extinguisher handy when you weld stuff to that trophy.  Damned crank kept catching fire when I did the base welding.  I spent more time on fire than not.  Probably something to do with oil saturated alloy.

There are cursed objects in this world.  The 'K' may be one of them...

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

I see your problem there. Its call rust. You need to relocate to some place that is relatively free of rust. Take the K car, it will be a road trip of epic proportions.

on a realistic side:

www.car-parts.com

search by the make, model, year range and part. you'll find your replacement parts in no time at all.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

This picture is the proof I needed.  I had a theory, but that level of rust is obvious proof!  I always knew that tSoG was the go-to-guy for salty treats.

His belly meat is salty.
His nuts are salty.
His wiener was salty.

From this I have theorized two things.  tSoG lives in a salt mine and talking about tSoG's cuisine makes me sound oddly gay.  (The second wasn't really part of the original hypothesis, merely an uncomfortable observation)

This latest picture is obvious proof that tSoG does indeed live in a salt cavern, but luckily the picture of the crust around the hole in tSoG's hard shaft in no way makes me sound gay.

.....wait a second....

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

If ya'll wanna hear something crazy:  that jeep has seen ONE winter here. it was a "southern" car it's whole life.

I'm still trying to figure out if you love me, or my bacon...

yukadas wrote:

This picture is the proof I needed.  I had a theory, but that level of rust is obvious proof!  I always knew that tSoG was the go-to-guy for salty treats.

His belly meat is salty.
His nuts are salty.
His wiener was salty.

From this I have theorized two things.  tSoG lives in a salt mine and talking about tSoG's cuisine makes me sound oddly gay.  (The second wasn't really part of the original hypothesis, merely an uncomfortable observation)

This latest picture is obvious proof that tSoG does indeed live in a salt cavern, but luckily the picture of the crust around the hole in tSoG's hard shaft in no way makes me sound gay.

.....wait a second....

Best laugh I've had all day on what was a long day. Thanks for that!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

you forgot about my salty language.

I'm trying to figure out what I'm looking at in that picture.  Was that taken on the submerged carcass of some long-sunken pirate vessel?

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["