26 (edited by OMGuar 2010-09-07 01:20 PM)

Re: Give us your crap for Lemons trophies.

magnusracing wrote:

Hmmm... want a jaguar V-12 engine block? smile

I do I do!!
  Umm,  can I win a throphy for DLBF?
  (Dead last but finished)
Is It considered cheating to start the first lap, pull in and wait untill the last lap to win it?
  Or simply bad form?

OMGuar wrote:
magnusracing wrote:

Hmmm... want a jaguar V-12 engine block? smile

I do I do!!
  Umm,  can I win a throphy for DLBF?
  (Dead last but finished)
Is It considered cheating to start the first lap, pull in and wait untill the last lap to win it?
  Or simply bad form?

...not cheating if you completely strip down the engine and re-assemble it intoxicated between 1am and sunrise, or in daylight hours blindfolded.
otherwise prepare to be shunned,ignored or farted upon.

Billyballer wrote:

Hey all, I've been building some of the Lemons trophies out of my shop in San Leandro and have finally managed to get through all the useless junk in my shop, now I need some raw materials. If you are located in the bay area and have any of the parts listed below to donate please email me off site at williammertz@hotmail.com

Trophy parts want list:
Cam shafts
Steel pulley's
Gears (trans, rear end etc) and transmission internals (shifter rails etc.)
Connecting rods with or without pistons attached
Rocker shafts
Crank shafts
Flywheel ring gears (on or off flywheel)

Other interesting parts like SU carbs considered on a case by case basis.
I don't mind if the parts are broken, in fact I hope they are. But please keep the grease and poisonous spiders to a minimum.

Thanks,

-Bill
Mad Maxeltov
williammertz@hotmail.com

Would you be interested in some wood for trophy's?  I've got great big blocks of Black walnut, white oak, hard maple, etc..  or I can cut them down to planks to mount stuff on. The biggest black walnut block I've got  is 92 inches x 14 inches by 4 inchs thick  In fact I suspect I can make the mount for a lot of trophys  from the scraps I've got from building my House.. I've got a lot of thick wood left over from double timberframing my house.. the outside timbers are all black walnut while the inside timbers are all white oak..
Come to think of it, if you get that V12 engine block set it aside, I'll use that big black walnut  to make something really special with regards a trophy!

I might have a ruined 1600dp head off of an Air-cooled VW engine. I'll show you the piston that mangled it, but that's going on a shelf.

I have the right front caliper off my brothers racer from CMP last year... it's cut in half with the pad melted/fused to the piston. then at work I have the 5th gear out of an ion redline. I'm sure i could dig up some garbooned  subaru stuff but not sure how'd I'd get them to ya less i pack them and take them to a race.   

come to think of it we "might" have 2 front right calipers from the buick that we had to cut in half... not sure

Racer L wrote:

I might have a ruined 1600dp head off of an Air-cooled VW engine. I'll show you the piston that mangled it, but that's going on a shelf.

I have a split jug to go with the head...

Hey - Bill, show up at Evil Genius and I'm certain I can bring some of my mangled stuff - and he assures us at least one engine will melt down on the dyno.

I sent a selection of broken-bits from the resurrection of the Zombee MGB up to H.Q, and they turned my courier away at the door.

I guess even Lemons has their standards. (snort!)

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

We've got the Frankenmiata's dead trubo. Wheels still turn, but compressor wheel has a chip and the turbine wheel looks like it got stuck in the garbage disposal. Would make a great trophy. Swing by our pit at Thunderhill, we'll just carry it with us until you take it.

-Dave

35 (edited by Hoonatic Racing 2011-05-22 05:31 AM)

Eyesoreracing wrote:

We've got the Frankenmiata. Wheels still turn, but looks like it got stuck in the garbage disposal. Would make a great trophy. Swing by our pit at Thunderhill, we'll just carry it with us until you take it.

-Dave

FTFY-
you're replacing the FrankenMiata anyway, right?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Hello,

New to this whole thing,

But i have a 12A engine rotor that is all yours if you want it. Including the any dings and chips from apex seals that have left their lasting impression.

anyways, lemme know.

chris

Oh, that's broken?  Here, let me try and fix that for you.

what's an apex seal?  :-)

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

It's the flaw in rotary engines.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Mike C. wrote:

Good one--I remember that smile

Former chief proprietor and lead bad idea generator of Binford "More Power" Racing, 2010-2013: humbly self-proclaimed the best Chevy Beretta in Lemons history.

Apex seals are mystical creatures like gremlins that live inside rotary engines, and when their feeling most mischievous(and when your about 100 miles from home) they hammer themselves into many different places on the rotor, and then vacate via the exhaust pipe.

Oh, that's broken?  Here, let me try and fix that for you.

Maybe so, but you can still drive your RX-7 that last 100 miles, albeit turtle-slow. Been there, done that.

I wish I had brought my spent camshaft from my old SBC to Autobahn this past weekend...

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

Mike C. wrote:

It's what comes out when boost goes in!

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

44 (edited by Rockford Brodie 2012-06-05 09:49 PM)

Apex Seal Clubbers would be a great name for an RX-7 team...

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

Do you still need/want the stuff listed at the front? I just finished putting together 1 motor, and just blew up another this weekend. I will have several nice straight 6 camshafts that will make impressively tall trophys

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Would you like me to bring some KA24DE connecting rods to the ridge race this weekend for trophy parts?

We have a two-piece Opel cam shaft. It used to be a one-piece Opel cam shaft. If comes complete with lots of pieces of broken lifters.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/333236_513709905309838_774458663_o.jpg

I've got the 944 block that got door-stopped by Tetanus at Road America last year.  Between it and the Snake Oil 944 engine I hope to build a lemony fresh spare, but I expect to have some bits for donation.  One piston/con rod for sure, probably a crank, cam and balance shafts, too.  I'll see once I start marrying the surviving parts.

-jt
Unionized Physicist
Tetanus Racing
1986 Porsche 944, #986

Do organizers accept broken parts at events? I've got 40 lbs of broken axle flanges and other bits I was planning on dragging to Capitol Offense. Better to use USPS flat rate?

Boosh.

I would think it would be best to see if they want that stuff and then USPS it to HQ, as I sure wouldn't want to lug 40lb of broken greasy crap-can parts on an airplane.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner