Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

cpchampion wrote:

5x100's what we run on our Neon and Passat so we'll bring the leftovers from December (Star Specs), but I don't know if they'll be enough to last the full weekend. We used up 50% of the tread with the VW.

They ran 9 1/2 hours on a set of 50% Star Specs.  I never asked why they took them off, but I personally would have put them on our Neon.  They still had a visible tread pattern across the entire face of the tire.  Unless it's raining, tread depth is over rated.

Oh...the pavement at ECR has a pretty abrasive aggregate, doesn't it?

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

There's some crazy talk about Brandon aka Jackasic bringing the K to Colorado and racing it in the BFE. Everyone, encourage him.

The k has standard brakes not the HD. The pads are completely different found that out the hard way. It would be much easier doing the upgrade from the van. More parts without having to order them and you get rid of the holding spring clips on the calipers.

A&D simca gingerman 2012
Award winning k-car A&D gingerman 2013
Award winning wonderment consortium gingerman 2014

Spank wrote:

Can you imagine the sight of a 2-time IOE-winning 1962 Mini towing a Chrysler Wagon through the Colorado Rockies?!

Four years ago, I would have said no.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

if I did that, I would need to pick up and SLC somewhere for the return tow

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

Using the K-car as a tow vehicle for a Denver-to San Diego trip, it might be best to head south to Albuquerque and then turn right at I-40. More miles but fewer (and shorter) mountains.

yukadas wrote:

Four years ago, I would have said no.

Funny how many things in my life today this one statement is applicable to.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Judge Phil wrote:

There's some crazy talk about Brandon aka Jackasic bringing the K to Colorado and racing it in the BFE. Everyone, encourage him.

+1

Judge Phil wrote:

Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

White Trash Racing - Fail Neon

anr211 wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Yes. You must do it. (Can you tell I'm feeling the K car love?)

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Testimonial... for realz!

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … p?id=21734

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I've told Brandon that I'll still put the K in Class C if it gets a 2.5 Turbo swap. Loophole alert!

guess I would need to find one first.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

I have a turbo from a shelby charger, but didn't grab anything else from it. it's yours if you want it.

Oh...one thing I learned pitting next to the K all weekend that I feel necessary to pass on to the next team who drives it. 

It's not broke.  It always sounds like that.

Since the K finally has an engine that doesn't blow up right away, it might be best to keep it in the car. A manual-trans swap might make it more fun to drive, though.

442 (edited by psychoboy 2013-04-25 07:28 AM)

it's going to Texas to get raced by Tetanus and OK-Speed, NSF and Anton....

i can't speak for the others, but i know we've broken three miata motors in three races.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

psychoboy wrote:

i can't speak for the others, but i know we've broken three miata motors in three races.

In contrast, we've done 16 races on the same block in the Neon. Which tendency will win out?

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

cpchampion wrote:
psychoboy wrote:

In contrast, we've done 16 races on the same block in the Neon. Which tendency will win out?

Oh, I think you know...might not want to believe it.

Tetanus: No...no. That's not true. That's impossible!
Darth K: Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

Judge Phil wrote:

I've told Brandon that I'll still put the K in Class C if it gets a 2.5 Turbo swap. Loophole alert!

Judge Phil wrote:

A manual-trans swap might make it more fun to drive, though.

= Phil is getting bored with K-car just going around the track and not blowing up like everyone expected it to, so he's trolling us with siren songs of easy performance. Ah, the lure of boost rush and freedom to chose gears!

K Car Stalker

yukadas wrote:

Oh...one thing I learned pitting next to the K all weekend that I feel necessary to pass on to the next team who drives it. 

It's not broke.  It always sounds like that.

I think it sounds mean. and angry. like a racecar should.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

firegremlin wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Judge Phil wrote:

A manual-trans swap might make it more fun to drive, though.

= Phil is getting bored with K-car just going around the track and not blowing up like everyone expected it to, so he's trolling us with siren songs of easy performance. Ah, the lure of boost rush and freedom to chose gears!

No, I'm trolling Brandon so that he'll race the K in Colorado.

psychoboy wrote:

i've emailed you albert's/cabinboy's addy. he might be able to answer that question if given some prodding.

i wonder if the police version of the K got the heavy duty....there WAS a police version of that thing, right?

Yes, there was a police version.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

The Alameda PD had K-Car police cars when I was in high school. The cops felt humiliated by them.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/603712_560628010635351_1238529660_n.jpg

On the way to ECR!!

This space for rent.