Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

I think Phil slipped me something, Steven wants to run it in Denver.  Anybody want a seat?  Guess i need to have Chris drop it off at the shop after ECR.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

the invite code for Denver is now: KitForward

89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

http://www.squirrelpf.com/site/?page_id=38

The car ran a best ET of 13.1 @ 103.7mph on slicks and a fastest time of 13.7 @ 103mph on street tires.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Brandon,

It's official - you own the K car after ECR.

This space for rent.

I just bought the K a pancake.

I already love it THAT MUCH!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

More booooost!

458 (edited by psychoboy 2013-04-29 07:37 AM)

Jackasic wrote:

I think Phil slipped me something, Steven wants to run it in Denver.  Anybody want a seat?  Guess i need to have Chris drop it off at the shop after ECR.

at the current moment, the k is planning to come home with me to OKC.

it's on my trailer, so if it's going to Houston after ECR, someone is going to need to bring a mode of transport for it (or a bunch a prayer beads that it'll drive itself back to houston after the race)

alternatively, if it wants to live at my shop and get picked up on the way to denver, we can do that as well.

finally, if we can talk a dallas team into hosting it for a bit, it'll be a little closer to houston.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

Dr. Wife wrote:

I just bought the K a pancake.

I already love it THAT MUCH!

There's got to be a story behind that.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

We only have one trailer so we don't have trailer space to bring it back to Houston or College Station for you, Brandon... Sorry.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Forget trailers! Drive it. You know you want to. Nothing can possibly go wrong!

K Car Stalker

It's only about 650 miles from OKC to High Plains Raceway, and most of the drive is in super-flat Kansas. Easy one-day drive for the K!

Judge Phil wrote:

It's only about 650 miles from OKC to High Plains Raceway, and most of the drive is in super-flat Kansas. Easy one-day drive for the K!

I applaud your optimism.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

I will store it at my shop, but I dont have a way to get it from the track to the shop. If anyone wants to drive it from Decatur to Venus (assuming it is driveable) it has a home for as long as needed.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

I have a spare trailer, anyone heading up empty from Houston? Troy?

Let's fill in the rest of the schedule.

This space for rent.

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/cabinboy63/K%20Car/KeyHandoff.jpg

The handoff of the keys

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/cabinboy63/K%20Car/Scuffle.jpg

The scuffle prior to handing off the keys.

WAIT!!!!   I get it. 

OK SPEED!!!!!

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

The K is getting a tremendous amount of love in Oklahoma.

Oklahoma really is OK.

sorry.

This space for rent.

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

WAIT!!!!   I get it. 

OK SPEED!!!!!

not great speed, not fabulous speed, just ok speed.

actually we started as a street racing site for the oklahoma city metro, but then we grew up.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

Watch out for the K car Jihad!

www.chryslerkcar.com

who knew?

http://www.chryslerkcar.com/uploads/1/3/7/9/13797436/1356680941.png

How many engines are traveling with the K-Car?

I ask since we will be at ECR and we have it for MSR in Sept..

Is there a half-dead block that need rejuvenation that is traveling with it or something?

I know...I know...planning for the K-Car in Sept....how very un-professional and thus semi-not-lemony. But, we may only have a little while to get it ready!!!

Also, will I get killed if it's an all lawyer theme?

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker

I would like to see a giant portrait of Iacocca on the hood at some point.

And the lyrics to "I'm changing my name to Chrysler" scrawled on the car as a penalty.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["