1 (edited by bongle 2009-10-16 05:11 PM)

Topic: Time-lapse of the first 80 minutes of Lamest day in-car video from #39

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11TTGgRveEA

I took the in-car video from #39 and sped it up 8x to make it eight times more interesting.  I also sped up the audio to make it more than eight times more annoying.

Notably, at about 3:00 they get called in for a black flag, which I'm pretty sure was meant for the other gray Canadian 5th-gen civic (#571) for their contact with Focke Ewe.  In fact, you can see Focke Ewe in front of them with their lovable new ficus plant as they pull into and out of the penalty station.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

Re: Time-lapse of the first 80 minutes of Lamest day in-car video from #39

With the 8x, it is really great the way my stomach wants to lean into those turns.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

Despite the nuclear-hornets soundtrack, that's pretty fun to watch sped up.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Oh noes, a bogus black flag! You guys totally got hosed!

5 (edited by bongle 2009-10-17 03:17 AM)

MurileeMartin wrote:

Oh noes, a bogus black flag! You guys totally got hosed!

We're not saying bogus in the sense of "I'm innocent, I dove into that other car to avoid a pileup and you judges have it out for me", it was in a sense of "the car came in, and the penalty workers said 'oops, wrong car'".  It was really no harm done, because they were in and out in like a minute.  The theory is that it was a flag intended for 571, but 39 received it due to the similar appearance of the cars, making it bogus for 39.

Really, my car (571) got anti-hosed because the #571 car _didn't_ get called in at all for the incident they had, and you can see Focke Ewe (the other car in 571's incident) in this video receiving a nice houseplant for their off when 39 comes in for their flag.

And let's keep away from the unpleasantness that occurred with #39 later in the race, there's a whole other thread for that.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

WTF?! lower teh pitch of the video... FOR THE LOVE OF MY EARS...

Otherwise i love it...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Yeah, the sound was definitely reminiscent of my last visit to the dentist...might I suggest a 10 minute loop of Yakkety Sax instead?

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

Rockford Brodie wrote:

Yeah, the sound was definitely reminiscent of my last visit to the dentist...might I suggest a 10 minute loop of Yakkety Sax instead?

+1 to Yakkety Sax. add some Crazy slide whistle action and we can pretend we're watching Benny Hill

the high pitch almost makes it sound like an f1 race.  close your eyes and imagine you're jenson button lol

oooh, thanks for reminding me. I need to make a dentist appointment. wink

Fun video. Thanks. Your supercharger sounds great. tongue

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

Remember that time you went back to look around your high school and everything looked so much smaller than you remember it.  I drove here a fair amount in the early 90's and i can' t believe how narrow the track looks!

Hanger on!??!

Nice!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Sounds like a sick F1 car. Love It!

Mello Kab
1996 Crown Vic
2 time  Least Horrible Yank Tank Award

It turns out we were all just slot cars in some aliens play room and didn't even know it.