Topic: K-it forward for charity

Somehow we ended up with a rooftop magnetic pizza delivery sign after the Gingerman race was over. Being the merry pranksters that we are we started to devise a plan for the next recipients of the K car. Then someone made the comment that we could turn it into a big piggy bank. That's not much of a prank but we were feeling the K car love so we've come up with a plan. We're gonna bling this thing out and cut a couple slots in it to make an awesome, huge piggy bank. We're going to pass it on to the next K car recipient and ask that all future teams that run the K car to please put it on the car when the track is cold so inebriated passerbys can throw their loose change or wads of cash into it. No need to bother counting it, just pass it on with the car to the next team who can do the same. I'm not asking teams to solicit donations, just leave it out. At the end of the season as the K car meets it's final demise the piggy bank will be broken open and all money will be donated to Alex's Lemonade Stand.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Re: K-it forward for charity

i'm down with that.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

Sounds good to me.

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker

I got some pesos.

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

I got some motherfuckers.

Me too.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Just in case you're wondering what a "blinged out pizza delivery sign piggy bank for charity" looks like:

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/cabinboy63/K%20Car/100_5259.jpg

Please keep an eye out for it at upcoming races and drop in some spare change

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/cabinboy63/K%20Car/100_5260.jpg

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Sweet

This space for rent.

Speaking of the charity concept... Tetanus Racing had some T-shirts made with "K it forward" on the front, Lee Iacocca on the back. Surplus shirts have been included in the K package given to the next team. While supplies last, approach the K team, ask for a shirt, and make a donation to the piggy bank pictured above. (At the ECR race, the piggy bank usually lived near the penalty box.)

The shirts were about $15/ea to make, so please use that as a guideline for a suggested donation.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

cpchampion wrote:

Speaking of the charity concept... Tetanus Racing had some T-shirts made with "K it forward" on the front, Lee Iacocca on the back. Surplus shirts have been included in the K package given to the next team. While supplies last, approach the K team, ask for a shirt, and make a donation to the piggy bank pictured above. (At the ECR race, the piggy bank usually lived near the penalty box.)

The shirts were about $15/ea to make, so please use that as a guideline for a suggested donation.

I will pay $20 if someone will grab an XL and drop it in the mail to me over here.
evilmental at gmail dot com

The Other Idiot of Effluencecy