Topic: Only two Spots remaining ...

Buttonwillow & Thunderhill are the two slots officially on the list that are not claimed.

Alex, aka: The K Car Stalker, wants another crack at the Super K and I think, "Why Not" - As long as he can get it back on schedule without creating a hardship for another team.  He might even do an arrive and drive on the K if the last two slots remain open

Thoughts?

K it Forward:

March: CMP NSF
April: Monticello, Gingerman Sputnic // NMF cabinboy
May: ECR  Tetanus
June: BFEGP at HPR, 4 weeks to get it to Buttonwillow  Brandon // OPEN
July: the Ridge  Chris 0 & W-34
Aug: (nap. park the K at HQ for a bit of media whoring, perhaps?) 
Sept: Thunderhill, then 2 weeks to get to Houston  OPEN // EVR SpaceFrank
Oct: nap.
Nov: Road America  Maverick74
Dec: Season-ender at Chuckwalla  SPANK

This space for rent.

Re: Only two Spots remaining ...

Personally (and not that I have any say) I think it appalling that you don't have the option for people to take the car to the other races on the calendar. So it's nonsensical to traverse the country in a week's time. Big deal. This WHOLE THING is ludicrous. So, damnit, open up slots for those other east coast races!

i'm sure, if someone wanted it badly enough, they could cram another race into the schedule.

this schedule was only posited as a way for the car to get into all the regions without having to run cross country every week. if a team wants to drag it to joliet for the weekend after BFE then drag it to capitol offense the next weekend, and then get it back to buttonwillow two weeks after that, i'm quite positive nobody would stop them.

but, that's a haul with a car that could crap out at any race, and could easily need more than a week's worth of work between races. even skipping joliet and just hitting capitol offense would be a tight push. that's not terribly different than the gingerman to ECR leg, and that just about killed me.

not saying it can't be done....but the transport side of hitting those events gonna be a trick.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

It's not my car.  Speak to Brandon.  It can go anywhere just as long as arrangements are made w the next owner.
I gave it away fair and square.

This space for rent.

Justin has it figured out, here.  If you have the desire it's yours... just make sure you can K-it FWD to the next sucker.

psychoboy wrote:

i'm sure, if someone wanted it badly enough, they could cram another race into the schedule.

this schedule was only posited as a way for the car to get into all the regions without having to run cross country every week. if a team wants to drag it to joliet for the weekend after BFE then drag it to capitol offense the next weekend, and then get it back to buttonwillow two weeks after that, i'm quite positive nobody would stop them.

but, that's a haul with a car that could crap out at any race, and could easily need more than a week's worth of work between races. even skipping joliet and just hitting capitol offense would be a tight push. that's not terribly different than the gingerman to ECR leg, and that just about killed me.

not saying it can't be done....but the transport side of hitting those events gonna be a trick.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I haven't heard how the K is getting from Houston to Road America and then to Chuckwalla. That's a lot of transportation miles. At least there's plenty of time in between races.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

One option I'd considered for RA--> Chuck is doing an A&D @ RA then driving the K to SD.

But a lot will depend on the K's transformation between now and then. I'm not going to attempt to street drive some hacked-together engine-swapped Class A raceKar, so am a little saddened to hear that it is growing cylinders for CO (put me in the Firegremlin camp). But that just means I need to figure out how to coordinate an Olympic Torch style relay (Ooh! There's a THEME for Chuckwalla!)