1 (edited by Jackasic 2013-05-07 11:34 AM)

Topic: K to Denver

there is a picture somewhere of my idicoracy of this choice.  Going to pick it up Thursday and start work on it.

Steve and I (well mainly Steve) started searching CL for donors.  He stumbled upon a v6 Dakota that would have been perfect except A: they didn't return emails B: Jay, the big stick in the mud, was none to impressed with my plan to make the K RWD,  So Today Frank the Tank volunteered (well, sell me) their former LeMon a Dodge Daytona with a stick and v6.  So that is now the plan.  I'll post pictures ad this disaster unfolds.

Let me know if you want to drive in Denver

Also if you want to donate some money, It would be appreciated.  PayPal works.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

2 (edited by psychoboy 2013-05-07 11:20 AM)

Re: K to Denver

a v6 and a m/t is exactly what that car needs.

i wish the best of luck for you guys, i can't wait to see the progress.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission?  At least I hope it is for us...

Jackasic wrote:

there is a picture somewhere of my idicoracy of this choice.  Going to pick it up Thursday and start work on it.

Steve and I (well mainly Steve) started searching CL for donors.  He stumbled upon a v6 Dakota that would have been perfect except A: they didn't return emails B: Jay, the big stick in the mud, was none to impressed with my plan to make the K RWD,  So Today Frank the Tank volunteered (well, sell me) their former LeMon a Dodge Daytona with a stick and v6.  So that is now the plan.  I'll post pictures ad this disaster unfolds.

Let me know if you want to drive in Denver

Also if you want to donate some money, It would be appreciated.  PayPal works.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Toronado.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Nooooooooooooooo

That silly lawnmower-grade 4-pot is like half the character of the car right there.

Put an M90 on it! Boost > V6!

K Car Stalker

The turbo 4 is a much faster engine.  I've driven both.

But the K belongs to Brandon so it is his to do whatever he wants.

This space for rent.

That Mitsu V6 in the Daytona is pretty easy to find in junkyards, maybe even as easy as the 2.2/2.5 Chrysler.

in my local pull a part, the v6 was WAY more common than either of the 4 cylinders.

Team OK-Speed

But, but... Character! V6, any v6, has as much character as a bowl of stale lukewarm oatmeal.
At least put a 12A in it. Right the wrong.

K Car Stalker

Any Mitsubishi engine is a Lemons engine. Mitsubishi is the worst Lemons marque.

However, I'll bet that the Daytona differs enough from the Reliant that the swap won't be a bolt-in.

Ok, I'll concede - diamond star IS the true sign of terribleness. But, still needs an M90.

K Car Stalker

firegremlin wrote:

But, but... Character! V6, any v6, has as much character as a bowl of stale lukewarm oatmeal.
At least put a 12A in it. Right the wrong.

Alex, you had your moment in the sun with the K.  It is now Brandon's car and Steve's headache.

Btw, what's with Jay?  Brandon has a history of well constructed cars... they may not necessarily make the green flag nor keep the inside parts on the inside, but he clearly has no death wish. 

RWD, I say! RWD!!!!

(and turbofied with water injection and box flares and as a 'vert with the red/white and blue in glitter!)

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

... I see a Liberace themed rat rod... K-it FWD!

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Bob - Thank you for editing me.

I think Alex will be taking the K back east for a few races then deliver it back to Houston to pick up the schedule.   We'll hammer out the details.

This space for rent.

I see what you did there!

a former local Lemons car is the heart donor, going to ECR tomorrow to pick up the K.

89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

and I could still use a few driver, just me and Steve so far.

http://www.murileemartin.com/LTXS09/LTXS09-0363.jpg

Is the engine donor the IOE-winning Daytona?

Jackasic wrote:

check your emails, an OK-Speed guy who is currently stationed in colorado springs is supposed to be getting some into.

Team OK-Speed

21 (edited by Spank 2013-05-09 08:27 AM)

Is this the theme while Brandon is in charge?

Or maybe this

Well, this one may be a bit gratuitous

wink

/bad joke

Spank wrote:

Or maybe this

/bad joke

OH NO HE DIDN'T! lol

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/282276_10151688054627150_1830674333_n.jpg

Brandon has the super K.  And his journey begins...

This space for rent.

Jackasic wrote:

I'm in, shoot me an invite code so we can fill up your roster.

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

Make sure all of you sign the hood and clearcoat over it.

This space for rent.