Re: K-car post-Northworst cross-country zig-zag.

Man, that's a lot of miles!
I can probably help you out with the eastern Datoka/ Minnesota stretch.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Alright, I entered the car under Sputnik for Thunderhill, partially because I like to stalk pretty little K-cars, and partially because I wanted to put our name on the map there.

Would anyone be willing to enter and captain the car at NJMP? I'll drive it to the track for you! Don't make me turn this into a "Alex RACING the K-car all over the country". I just want to drive across the USA in it smile

K Car Stalker

Jason Torchinsky, Altamont Lemons veteran, Justice of the Lemons Supreme Court since 2009, and Jalopnik writer, has expressed a willingness to participate in one of the drive-between-races legs, since he should be able to get some good stories out of a K-car road trip. Who wants to have him along on their ten-billion-mile drive?

Judge Phil wrote:

Jason Torchinsky, Altamont Lemons veteran, Justice of the Lemons Supreme Court since 2009, and Jalopnik writer, has expressed a willingness to participate in one of the drive-between-races legs, since he should be able to get some good stories out of a K-car road trip. Who wants to have him along on their ten-billion-mile drive?

He can do TX to Button with me if he's brave enough .....

51 time Loser.

I'm still circulating this idea among friends, all while trying to pick a concrete route. But, as of now, I don't have any firm, confirmed co-pilots for this trip (and I'll need them because the plan is to drive without stopping for sleep)

K Car Stalker

Alex, let's talk.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I smell a road trip.

This space for rent.

Yep, that's the pungent smell of a brewing road trip.

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Having to work sucks.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Earn your time off.  It's liberating.

Can't bank more than 80 hours in my department, doesn't roll over. sad

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

DC Doug wrote:

Alex, let's talk.

I have some fence-sitters who called dibs on other portions of the trip, but...

FL to Thunderhill (plus racing at Thunderhill, naturally). Yay? smile

K Car Stalker

I could be talked into just about anything... but that's just me, an idiot.

Of course, you always have a place to stay and wrench here at NSFRIHQ.

I'm in Olympia, WA and can help with post Ridge issues, going to pit next to Chris at the race.  My shop has two lifts and is 30 minutes from The Ridge (30 minutes towards Seattle too).  It's about 45-60 minutes to SeaTac from here.

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407

I'll have to take you up on that offer, especially in light of the recent developments o_O

K Car Stalker

How many days from Seattle to middle-ish Pennsylvania, do ya figure?

I have an event to get to on July 30th in Pennsylvania, but hope to be in Seattle for the Ridge.

(what the h*ll am I thinking - oh, right - otherwise I have to fly Southwest cross-county, except I have to get to LA first.  There will be fewer stops with the K!)

-Jeff

Good because rally baby is itching it to get their fingers on

This space for rent.

firegremlin wrote:

I'll have to take you up on that offer, especially in light of the recent developments o_O

Recent developments?

44 (edited by firegremlin 2013-06-26 01:15 PM)

V6. I was scared of it. But now it looks like it'll outlast me, by a century.

I officially have a co-driver for the trip. Mike Borissow the Architect got drunk one night and bought the ticket before sobering up. We'll spend some decent time studying various buildings in Chicago.

Is a roadside head gasket replacement feasible on that car? I need to make sure I have a top end set, spare rad hoses, belts, and a set of spindles/bearings before proceeding. Does the car have any of those in the spare parts bin at the moment?

K Car Stalker

fleming95 wrote:

How many days from Seattle to middle-ish Pennsylvania, do ya figure?

I have an event to get to on July 30th in Pennsylvania, but hope to be in Seattle for the Ridge.

(what the h*ll am I thinking - oh, right - otherwise I have to fly Southwest cross-county, except I have to get to LA first.  There will be fewer stops with the K!)

-Jeff

All depends on how much you want to drive each day.  google maps says 42 hours from Seattle to Philly. divide that by 4 (280 mile runs on one tank of gas) and you get 10.5, multiplied by 1 hour average stop time (with food pick up).  42 + 10.5 = 52.5 hours or just over 2 days if you drive straight through. But more reasonably, figure 4 days.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

firegremlin wrote:

V6. I was scared of it. But now it looks like it'll outlast me, by a century.

I officially have a co-driver for the trip. Mike Borissow the Architect got drunk one night and bought the ticket before sobering up. We'll spend some decent time studying various buildings in Chicago.

Is a roadside head gasket replacement feasible on that car? I need to make sure I have a top end set, spare rad hoses, belts, and a set of spindles/bearings before proceeding. Does the car have any of those in the spare parts bin at the moment?

If you guys end up near Bloomington, IN you have a place to stay, and tools if you need.  And beer.  Always beer.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!