Topic: Kurrent "K" Kar Komitments

K it Forward:

March: CMP NSF
April: Monticello, Gingerman Sputnic // NMF cabinboy
May: ECR  Tetanus
June: BFEGP at HPR, 4 weeks to get it to Buttonwillow  Brandon // LeMonster

July: the Ridge  // Chris 0 & W-34  Drive across the USA - visiting Lemons teams HQ's & Photo whoring

Aug: NJMP // ALEX Drive across the USA   RALLY BABY

DC and Alex to travel across USA from NJ to Thunder Hill

Sept: Thunderhill, then 2 weeks to get to Houston  ALEX DC Doug // EVR SpaceFrank

Oct: nap.  NH LeMonster to return to east coast w/ RB and an ALLSTAR cast

Nov: Road America  Maverick74
Dec: Season-ender at Chuckwalla  All prior K drivers to be given awards +  free entry

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/384272_3273993187606_6691492_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/602143_4611545252568_1342774487_n.jpg

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LECR13/167-UG-North_Dallas_Hooptie_2013.jpg

Get your requests in early.

This space for rent.

Re: Kurrent "K" Kar Komitments

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … HdGc#gid=0

All the players need to review and update. Thanks.

LeMonster is looking for a driver in Halloween HooptieFest!.

Alex - Rally Baby wants you to haul ass so they can have time to work on the car prior to racing.

STEVE -  What the hell is going on?

This space for rent.

Now that the season ender has been moved from 3.5-4 hrs from me to 10-12 hours from me, I feel I need to withdraw my promise to prepare the K car for the season ender. There are far more capable teams much closer to the track than I am.

I'm not sure I will be doing the full "Class C Onslaught" either this year. I just lost 4 drivers and more may drop once they read their inbox. sad

There is a chance that I'd be willing to drive it from Denver to Sears. A very small chance, but will consider it.

Judge Phil wrote:

There is a chance that I'd be willing to drive it from Denver to Sears. A very small chance, but will consider it.

Sweet!

And in case this doesn't work out, I've found somebody who's stupid enough to do the drive from Denver with me. Ideally the weekend before the race. So as long as the K car gets to Denver before then, this plan should work.

Hella Shitty Racing -- Premium Crapcan Racing since 2010!
- VOTE FORD
- Ferdinand the Bug (2x class C, 1x class B, IoE)
- Ferkel the Nein-11 (Org Choice, class C, Heroic Fix)

I think ended this Journey with Judge Phil driving would be AWESOME !
He could have the last run of this Epic Journey Of The K ,with his expertise journalism test drive of this fine specimen of Idiotic ,monkey mechanic beat on car repairs or redneck riggings  to make it .

The K is going to need some kind of heater / defrost and snow tires for the last journey to west coast .

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Judge Phil wrote:

Really, there is NO other answer. Judge Phil, grab a handful of speed and Kowalski that thing out here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4ymmXa8rs

Who is racing THE K at Thunderhill ?

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Sasha

This space for rent.

After driving it BACK across the country, correct?
That is a WHOLE different kind of...commitment.

I was telling a non-lemons friend about all of this the other day and he was enthralled. I think with the pure futility of it, but still enthralled. He was seriously asking if we were filming this and properly recording it all for a documentary or something. He was impressed with the effort and the masochism.

I was glad that someone outside this odd band of K-car devotees found it to be so intriguing.

Judge Phil wrote:

I would consider ferrying it from Road America to Denver.  Family on both ends of that leg....

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

autoxmike wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

I would consider ferrying it from Road America to Denver.  Family on both ends of that leg....

DING DING DING!  And we have a winner!

Paging Dr. Phil.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

DC Doug wrote:
autoxmike wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

DING DING DING!  And we have a winner!

Paging Dr. Phil.

Actually - there is a good chance I'll be driving at Sears so I could swing through Denver and throw the good Judge in the K and tag team it from Denver to Sears

Mike
Hong Norrth

That's fantastic. I guess now we can burn the pictures of Mike at the petting zoo.

This space for rent.

We're going to need help getting Super K from New Hampshire.to Wisconsin.  It'll be in October and there is no heat.

This space for rent.

16 (edited by autoxmike 2013-08-19 04:48 PM)

Looks like my schedule will allow K car ferry trip the week before Sears Point form Cheeseland to the West coast stopping by my brother's place near Colorado Springs.  Throw Judge Phil in the K for the final leg of the 2012 mega-road trip & head west. Can someone store Super K in Wisconsin after Road America?  I'll probably fly into Milwaukee. Small chance I may drive up from Atlanta...

Mike
Hong Norrth

Consider yourself booked.  Remember the K could force a change of plans.

This space for rent.

Someone made it home safely.  Well done, sir/mamm.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

19 (edited by sbarton 2013-08-20 04:43 PM)

For those of you racing/driving the K-Car for the rest of the year, you will need to update the Autosport Labs Race Capture Pro + Telemetry system with your race's Start/Finish co-ordinates.  Please see here for how to do so.  Read entire thread for more info:

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … 02#p214702

-Scott

Scott Barton

NSF wrote:

We're going to need help getting Super K from New Hampshire.to Wisconsin.  It'll be in October and there is no heat.

If I can get a way out there, I can bring it back to the Cleveland area then make a drop as far as the OH - IN boarder. But that's dependent on me getting a ride out to Loudon with my gear.

With enough layers, any temperature is possible! (I'm still just young enough to be stupid!)

That or does anybody know anyone who is both going to be at Loudon and Elkheart Lake that lives somewhere along the way?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I'm willing to drive the K from Denver to Sears in December, if someone can get it to Denver in semi-running condition and with enough time for me to add some theme additions and/or mechanical repairs. Rocket Surgery Racing will be bringing the Checker to Sears from Denver, so we can caravan through the Rockies and Sierras in wintertime.

22 (edited by autoxmike 2013-08-26 11:29 AM)

Judge Phil wrote:

I'm willing to drive the K from Denver to Sears in December, if someone can get it to Denver in semi-running condition and with enough time for me to add some theme additions and/or mechanical repairs. Rocket Surgery Racing will be bringing the Checker to Sears from Denver, so we can caravan through the Rockies and Sierras in wintertime.

Provided someone can store the K-car in Cheeseland after Road Anerica how about this plan:

I'll fly from ATL to MKE and drive it from Wisconsin to Sears via Colorado. My brother lives in Woodland Park so the plan would be to schedule anywhere from a few days to maybe a week  in Denver/Colorado Springs area to fix anything that needs to be fixed, rest up, grab Judge Phil and tag team it to Sears.

Mike
Hong Norrth

autoxmike wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Provided someone can store the K-car in Cheeseland after Road Anerica how about this plan:

I'll fly from ATL to MKE and drive it from Wisconsin to Sears via Colorado. My brother lives in Woodland Park so the plan would be to schedule anywhere from a few days to maybe a week  in Denver/Colorado Springs area to fix anything that needs to be fixed, rest up, grab Judge Phil and tag team it to Sears.

Awesome.
Time to start working on some new mix CDs Judge Phil

autoxmike wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Well, I could store at my place for a bit, make sure it's drivable and what not, then have you fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul to pick it up. Would something like that work?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Maverick74 wrote:
autoxmike wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Well, I could store at my place for a bit, make sure it's drivable and what not, then have you fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul to pick it up. Would something like that work?

Possibly - although I would prefer Wisconsin as then I could visit my family before embarking on The Journey.  My sister lives on a farm near Sauk City and may be able to store it if someone can get it there...

Mike
Hong Norrth