Topic: Any welders near southbay?

We need our cage modified on the cheap for the new doorbar rules. One of our free welders fell through and the other went in for neck surgery, drats!

I have bartered for a brand new Lincoln wire feed, (Yeay!) but I'm not quite stupid enough to start teaching myself how to weld on our cage... I have enough to worry about with the car we're driving.

Looking for someone hopefully near the Southbay with notchers benders etc that could do this for beer, on the cheap, or barter with some auto electrical wiring/repair for your Lemon or project car.

I have several lengths of tubing leftover from our build, and the car can be driven almost anywhere... ahem, except maybe the winner's circle or my in-law's house.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Re: Any welders near southbay?

HALP!!!  yikes

Ok, now offering the last of my cold hard cash for someone to weld in a second door bar here in the Bay Area. I have the tubing, just need a couple cuts and welds.

This is SERIOUSLY starting to suck, and the Bee may not make it to the starting line due to random setbacks if I can't get this done. (facepalm)

Extra credit for anyone that can teach me how to do this crap myself later. Hell, I can even bring the car and a new welder to you, lol! I'm near San Jose and the car has good tags and a full tank of gas.

HALP!!!!

IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

3 (edited by Bender/StickFigureRacing 2009-11-16 09:14 AM)

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

HALP!!!  yikes

Ok, now offering the last of my cold hard cash for someone to weld in a second door bar here in the Bay Area. I have the tubing, just need a couple cuts and welds.

This is SERIOUSLY starting to suck, and the Bee may not make it to the starting line due to random setbacks if I can't get this done. (facepalm)

Extra credit for anyone that can teach me how to do this crap myself later. Hell, I can even bring the car and a new welder to you, lol! I'm near San Jose and the car has good tags and a full tank of gas.

HALP!!!!

Pete

Your friends at Stick Figure Racing can help, Geez all you have to do is ask.
We will be bringing our little Lincoln to the track.
Look for our MR2 with the Black Knight on the the back.
That's if you can't find anyone to do the work before you get there.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:

Your friends at Stick Figure Racing can help.

Thanks Paul! You guys rock as usual! Pure class.

I can breathe a little bit easier now. :-)