Re: Super K DC to FL to CA to Texas - September Madness

Judge Phil wrote:

I'm not joking. The K is The Worst Lemons Car of All Time. Anyone who drives this car deserves a special award.

Come on, give the K a chance - almost all of it works, and it's just fine when it's running - perhaps a road trip would help show off its heart of gold? smile

Did Alex give out patches?

This space for rent.

Bob, how can those of us who already have scar tissue from earlier races with the K get our hands on the patches?

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

I have some set aside.  Alex has about 80.

This space for rent.

Either way...

This space for rent.

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … pid=218432

I gave out as many as I could, the rest of 'em will be mailed, seems like.

K Car Stalker

Oh, great, I'll feel guilty every time I see one of those patches, for being the guy who pushed NSF to get a K-car. I was already feeling evil for recommending a Cordia.

The Cordia will be racing at CMP this weekend.  We're going to redefine - dominate.

This space for rent.

Our plan for K-car domination this time around is to fill it with a bunch of newbie drivers and threaten them with bodily injury if they drive harder than 7/10.

Also, maybe an oil cooler.

Based on my experience, an oil cooler would be excellent.   Then you wouldn't have to pit as often for oil.  More capacity in the system.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Judge Phil wrote:

Oh, great, I'll feel guilty every time I see one of those patches, for being the guy who pushed NSF to get a K-car. I was already feeling evil for recommending a Cordia.

You can always redeem yourself by driving the K car to California for the season ender...

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1209045_516500931758588_557560006_n.jpg

I have a good feeling about next weekend.   I'm sure things will work out.

This space for rent.

Yeeeeehaaa!

I was more worried about Doug making it home than about K staying out on track. Seriously, the truck was THAT questionable. 1 out of 2, not bad!

The "stack your team with n00bs and IOE car drivers" approach worked for us the first time, I strongly recommend it. Just with my team alone, 3 people lost their Lemons cherry in the K and said, "this was fun, let's do it again". K is bad, but it's a fun kind of bad.

BTW, that huge bolt on the front of the pan... that's where you put a toilet bowl plunger type of thing linked to an exterior reservoir with oil. If level drops, POP! more oil. Yes, yes?

K Car Stalker

Doug has never looked happier than in that photo, getting rid of that thing.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

NSF wrote:

The Cordia will be racing at CMP this weekend.  We're going to redefine - dominate.

I gotta pull my Cordia T-Shirt out of the grease rags pile!

Care for a reliablilty wager?  Mitsubishi Turbo versus Honda Headgasket?

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

For a solo dance  - Napoleon Dynamite style.  For the offending driver.  Deal?

This space for rent.

So... does anybody know if the DOHC 6G72 from the 3000GT/Stealth is interchangeable with the SOHC version from the Daytona?

Just curious, is all.

NSF wrote:

For a solo dance  - Napoleon Dynamite style.  For the offending driver.  Deal?

You are a sad, sick man.  Deal!

I'm a WINNER!

Bring a boombox Craig.

This space for rent.

SpaceFrank wrote:

So... does anybody know if the DOHC 6G72 from the 3000GT/Stealth is interchangeable with the SOHC version from the Daytona?

Just curious, is all.

Same block, same crank, different pistons and heads/belt. So, yes.

If you do that, please reduce front static camber to near zero, lift the suspension back up, and crank the front caster to hell. No LSD, IIRC.

K Car Stalker

firegremlin wrote:

The "stack your team with n00bs and IOE car drivers" approach worked for us the first time, I strongly recommend it.

I'm not sure whether to be honored or insulted.

... Who the hell am I kidding, those fast cars are fun and all but I drive too conservatively to do any good with them.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

I just got off the phone with Doug he's about 60 miles away from NSF International racing headquarters.  Quite the road trip leaving on Wednesday and returned on Sunday in a $500 truck.

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

I just got off the phone with Doug he's about 60 miles away from NSF International racing headquarters.  Quite the road trip leaving on Wednesday and returned on Sunday in a $500 truck.

And he's pulling back out tomorrow for CMP.  The man is a machine.

He was less than pleased with my comment about my 3 to 4 hour tow in the morning to get to the track...

I'm a WINNER!

EyeMWing wrote:

I'm not sure whether to be honored or insulted.

... Who the hell am I kidding, those fast cars are fun and all but I drive too conservatively to do any good with them.

I'd consider you the model of IOE car drivers. We had two actual n00bs (both girls, too!) drive the K, the rest were all master crap can veterans (save the helmet-throwing one that almost blew up the car in the last half hour).

K Car Stalker