Topic: Sacrilege and blasphemy and re-themeing.

There would be many murders, angers and hates if the K had a deep 're-theme' before the 24 hour race, right?

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker

Re: Sacrilege and blasphemy and re-themeing.

Each team "owns" it and can do with it what they will, is what I always heard.

I think it looks pretty badass the way it is. But every team has been adding to it, changing it and so on.

Other people may feel differently.

That's why I ask. I have an idea, it will keep it very 'K'; and may even take it to the next level - but it will look much different is all; and I don't want to disrespect any of these awesome folks.

- Ten+ Time Loser
- Heroic Beer Drinker

Needs a rack of rockets and a pair of big external speakers in star-covered blue pods on each side. The rest is already done.

http://www.brobible.com/files/uploads/images/Gear/cars/team-america-world-police-28.jpeg

K Car Stalker

Additive is one route, that's for sure.

- Ten+ Time Loser
- Heroic Beer Drinker

I think you need to keep the marks of all the previous owners, which may make it difficult to do a deep retheme without removing their signatures and whatnot.  Although you can follow the Zombee retheme when they covered the car in painters tape.  That way whatever you paint over will be removed when the tape is without removing the singantures and stickers of the previous owners.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

I think you need to keep the marks of all the previous owners, which may make it difficult to do a deep retheme without removing their signatures and whatnot.  Although you can follow the Zombee retheme when they covered the car in painters tape.  That way whatever you paint over will be removed when the tape is without removing the singantures and stickers of the previous owners.

Buy the widest 6-roll contractor packs you can find. Two 6-packs should about do it.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Part of the original concept was that all drivers sign the hood. Personally I'd like to see my team's sticker make it to the end of the season but not as much as I'd like to see how many signatures end up on the hood. Then again, are all the drivers still signing the hood?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Re-theme away! But it should be patriotic and/or incorporating the sacred image of Lee Iacocca.

Before you repaint it, do a walkaround with a good camera to capture all the current detritus for posterity.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Save a copy of it:
http://www.creaform3d.com/en/metrology- … ndyscan-3d

15x+ Loser, thinks he's a Real Racer(tm)
Rotaries are great, everyone should try them.

When it was in our hands Bob's suggestion, which of course we knew we were free to disregard, was to add rather than obliterate.  I personally am proud to see our team graphics as part of the livery, and would be sad to see them go... but, that said, it's yours. If you go this route it had better be pretty badass, and I heartily recommend that as much effort as possible be put into attempting to make it reliable.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

... And this is why it keeps blowing engines every other race wink

K Car Stalker

Mike C. wrote:

...If you go this route it had better be pretty badass...

This basically sums up my thoughts on the matter, and we don't have that much time.

We're not doing anything dramatic. So far, this is all we've done:
-Painted over the old numbers (after attempting unsuccessfully to strip off whatever stick-on decal from hell they were applied with)
-Stripped off a few of the window decals that were practically peeling off or illegible. I don't think any of them were team decals.
-Painted over the lawyer advertisements that were on the rear doors, and touched up the flames that they were covering up. (Bob informs me that it's actually illegal to advertise law services in the state of Texas if you're not a member of the Texas bar.)
-Removed the NSA cameras. ANY FURTHER ATTEMPTS TO SUBVERT GREAT COUNTRY OF USA WILL BE MET WITH SWIFT APPLICATION OF JUSTICE AND FREEDOM

you have committed sacrilege and will suffer accordingly.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Please add more glitter!

We have found one tub of glitter in the car so far, but I think it was blue, and we haven't painted any of the blue parts.

Does it run?

This space for rent.

Not yet, but the engine was fully assembled last night. We also dropped the front subframe for reinstallation. Everything should be back together tonight. The only snag right now is finding the right serpentine belt. The ones the parts houses keep giving me are a bit too long (probably due to lack of A/C or PS), and there are no legible numbers on the old belt. I'm going to bring the old one to the parts house tonight to try to match the length. Failing that, I guess we'll just use the old one. It's still in decent shape.

Engine and transmission are back in. Helpful associate at O'Reilly found me the right (or horribly wrong, but matching the old one) serpentine belt. Of course, the front subframe is still sitting on the floor. Hopefully we can get this thing running tomorrow.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/598903_520200971388584_1464867246_n.jpg

Hey Frank see if there is any way to get the K to Jackson MS.?    From there the Stupid but Tough guys are willing to prep it for Boston.  AND, deliver it to Mike C.

Take some compromising photos of the SA guys and I'm sure they will be more than willing to help out.

This space for rent.

22 (edited by SpaceFrank 2013-09-26 10:33 PM)

We were having some difficulty getting spark and ended up having to make new wires for the coil circuit. Bob is now entirely justified in purchasing his very expensive short circuit detector. The engine fired. We shut it down quick because it was running on 5 cylinders; we had pulled a plug to check spark and forgotten to put it back.

Now the battery is dead, so we're waiting on it to charge; I guess the engine's easier to spin with only 83% compression. Expect triumphant footage to be posted on the FB page soon-ish. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Escape-V … 5929854089

We still need to bleed the front brakes, refill the transmission and steering rack, and put the hood back on. After we get to the track, we'll have to seal the "cold-air intake" hole in the hood and finish mounting the lights. Also grab a couple Primewells.

I can probably swing getting the car up to Jackson. We'll talk more after the race.

cpchampion wrote:

Before you repaint it, do a walkaround with a good camera to capture all the current detritus for posterity.

I think it's a good idea to scan it with a 3d scanner. I mean it will save all the details quite clear.