Re: Kurrent "K" Kar Komitments

More glitter will solve all of the problems.

Wendell34 wrote:

More glitter will solve all of the problems.

THIS !

This space for rent.

Judge Phil wrote:

Did anyone ever solve the terrible fuel-delivery problems the K had during its first 12 or so races?

Judge Phil wrote:

Did anyone ever solve the terrible charging-system problems the K has had at at most of its races?

Judge Phil wrote:

Did anyone ever solve the terrible front-axle-related problems the K has had at most of its races?

This was your effing idea to begin with, sadist!!!1!

Here's our plan.  5 races w/ 4 2.2l engines and 5-6 races w/ one 3.0l engine.  It's getting another 3.0l.  Not a rebuild as we now know old & new parts don't get along on this platform.  Fuel delivery probs?  CARB IT!  Charging system issues (ECU apparently is the alt's volt meter)?  CARB IT and stick a normal ALT on the beast.  Front CV axle issues?  Don't DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT... raise that bitch back up!!!1!  All our suspension gurus have dropped it so low in front that the cv/axle geometry is WACK.  We, at NSFIRHQ, are going to un-WACK that shit.

Rally Baby is going to pay for all of this and we'll ship it northward.  Otherwise we hold it hostage and ship it to Sonoma for the year-ender.  All will be at peace in the universe and someone will finally win that effing IOE.

Hate the car, believe in the program.  K-it FWD my brothers.

btw, I've towed this car something like 8,000 miles and I'm done with being a mule.  We'll need a little help with two journeys.  Florida to PA and PA-ish to Wisconsin for Road America.  Speak up and earn your K-it FWD patch.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Oh... and we're going to glitter the shit out of the Super K next week.

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

The bar for this car to win the IOE is now set pretty low, but it still needs to get close to the top half of the standings. And it needs glitter.

Doug, email me a tentative schedule for when this thing needs to leave NSFIRHQ and get to RB. I might be able to swing a caffeine-fueled diesel binge if some plans fall through and the timing is right.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

DC Doug wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Did anyone ever solve the terrible fuel-delivery problems the K had during its first 12 or so races?

Judge Phil wrote:

Did anyone ever solve the terrible charging-system problems the K has had at at most of its races?

Judge Phil wrote:

Did anyone ever solve the terrible front-axle-related problems the K has had at most of its races?

Here's our plan.  5 races w/ 4 2.2l engines and 5-6 races w/ one 3.0l engine.  It's getting another 3.0l.  Not a rebuild as we now know old & new parts don't get along on this platform.  Fuel delivery probs?  CARB IT!  Charging system issues (ECU apparently is the alt's volt meter)?  CARB IT and stick a normal ALT on the beast.  Front CV axle issues?  Don't DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT... raise that bitch back up!!!1!  All our suspension gurus have dropped it so low in front that the cv/axle geometry is WACK.  We, at NSFIRHQ, are going to un-WACK that shit.

Rally Baby is going to pay for all of this and we'll ship it northward.  Otherwise we hold it hostage and ship it to Sonoma for the year-ender.  All will be at peace in the universe and someone will finally win that effing IOE.

btw, I've towed this car something like 8,000 miles and I'm done with being a mule.  We'll need a little help with two journeys.  Florida to PA and PA-ish to Wisconsin for Road America.  Speak up and earn your K-it FWD patch.

Did they make a carbed version of the 3.0L? It would probably solve, or at least reduce, the fuel and electrical issues...

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Maverick74 wrote:
DC Doug wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Judge Phil wrote:

Judge Phil wrote:

Did they make a carbed version of the 3.0L? It would probably solve, or at least reduce, the fuel and electrical issues...

Not yet.  But soon.  Bwahahaha

This space for rent.

Seems like you got 5-6 races out of it and tons of street time with it fuel injected, so carbed must be able to deliver 10-12 races out of one engine!  C'mon!!

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

lot of trust.  a lot.  and i know these guys.  dear lord what are we doing.  robot voice  "We believe in the program"

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Mike, as much as I hate working on this damned car (why does it keep coming back to me???!?) I still think the best bet for Rally Baby is that we do the work early and work to get you the car as opposed to getting the still eff'd car to you a few days before NHMS for you to deal with.  Based on the community resources and responses these are the two alternatives.  The last thing we want is to work on this heap and have you boys fail at NH.  Bad for you, bad for us.

Should retrieve it from points Gulf on Tuesday; looking to have a replacement engine this weekend.

I cannot believe this just happened, but Sophie thinks it would be 'pretty cute' if we drove the K from Road America to CA for the season ender.
We should coordinate something before she changes her mind. I can get the time off to do it...

Volvo PV544 (RIP) - now with Chevy 3.9 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

Rocket Surgery will be taking the Checker to Sears from Denver. I'll help drive the K if it shows up in Denver in time to join the caravan. I'll even put a heater in it, if none exists at that point.

Did you bump your head this morning?

This space for rent.

Now that Anton is involved, I feel much more confident about the K making it.

X-args wrote:

I cannot believe this just happened, but Sophie thinks it would be 'pretty cute' if we drove the K from Road America to CA for the season ender.
We should coordinate something before she changes her mind. I can get the time off to do it...

I knew I thought she was cool. And now I know it wasn't just the carbon monoxide poisoning talking.

So it's gonna have a carb and a 1-wire alternator? There's hope yet!
Don't forget the 5psi fuel pressure regulator.

This is still the dumbest idea ever, pretty much. :-)

2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

At Thunderhill, Sasha was going to block off the throttle-body opening, cut a hole in the top of the intake, and put a random junkyard carburetor there. Because the engine turned out to have no timing belt, he didn't get around to doing this totally sensible modification. No mention was made about replacing the ignition system with a stand-alone distributor of some sort, so as to remove the ECM completely, but that would be a good idea.

Since the car will need to go over a couple of 10,000-foot mountain passes, start in cold weather, etc., the carburetor idea probably won't work so well for the drive to Sears in December. But maybe it will work great!

Such a thing as a HEI type ditsy for the 3.0???!?

95 (edited by stupid_but_tough 2013-10-07 05:31 AM)

I think you can just hose clamp the HEI module to the outside of the Mitsu dizzy and connect it to power & the stock Mitsu dizzy pick-up coil
I've heard the HEI module is just a fancy, electronic switch that practically any thing (points, foreign pick-up coils, etc) with activate them.

Here's a company that specializes in putting HEI's in non GM products

http://performancedistributors.com/

And here's a guy that converts distributors to HEI

http://www.davessmallbodyheis.com/

'ported, relieved, with bored-out arm rests, and oversize seat covers.

So I need to know where it's going to be after RA and if it still has title/tags for street driving.

I was thinking possibly about driving it back to CA right after the RA event, but that's probably ambitious. If it is going to live somewhere within a few hours of RA, then I can figure out where I need to fly to to pick it up and start the trek across country.

2/25/24

X-args wrote:

So I need to know where it's going to be after RA and if it still has title/tags for street driving.

I was thinking possibly about driving it back to CA right after the RA event, but that's probably ambitious. If it is going to live somewhere within a few hours of RA, then I can figure out where I need to fly to to pick it up and start the trek across country.

Talk to Willy1959, he was willing to store it in Racine after the race when autoxmike was thinking about taking it. Otherwise, I could probably drop it off at the airport in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Maverick74 wrote:
X-args wrote:

Talk to Willy1959, he was willing to store it in Racine after the race when autoxmike was thinking about taking it. Otherwise, I could probably drop it off at the airport in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

It's still tagged & titled.  Anton, you need to coordinate w/ Mike Tayor and Phil on this.  It would be a fantastic adventure and a solid bit of logistics fixin for you & Sofie to roll the K westward, but Mike and Phil also signaled a strong interest in doing the same.

Isn't Mike of Hong Norrth planning to drive it from WI to CA?

He first volunteered, yes.