Re: Kurrent "K" Kar Komitments

Well, I may join the Denver-to-Sears caravan, which will consist of the Rocket Surgery Checker, maybe a Speed Holes Racing car, and maybe the K. If there's no room for me in the K, I may drive my LS400.

ROAD TRIP!!!!1!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I'll ping Mike and we'll figure it out. Maybe he can do WI-CO and we can take it to CA or something.
ROAD TRIP.

Volvo PV544 (RIP) - now with Chevy 3.9 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

The car can live in Racine Wi after the RA event, it will be in a fenced yard in da hood, but we have had little trouble. it prolly should get some anti freeze in it after the race, it gets cold here around that time.  I can not drive it from RA to Racine, as I will already be towing a car. My Team mate Adam, had said he might be willing, but you would need to square that with him, I can not commit for anyone other than my self wink

I am about 25 minutes from Mitchel International. And am willing to pick up whomever from the airport, when they fly in to get it  if we can work out the time schedule, certain days I am not available so don't just book a flight expecting me to taxi you without talking it over with me to start with <wink>

Typically avail till 1pm    7 days a week.  Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday later

Your Miata Parts Pimp

The savvy traveler know that it is prudent to have an engine on standby prior to the green flag waving.

This space for rent.

Once it gets to Denver I'd happily offer storage and use of the lift/workshop for any other repairs. I probably will be working a bunch. But I'll do what I can... Planning on driving out to sears so I'll be able to tow or drag it in if it craps out...

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

X-args wrote:

I'll ping Mike and we'll figure it out. Maybe he can do WI-CO and we can take it to CA or something.
ROAD TRIP.

If you all promise to road trip together I'll put the orig passenger and rear bench seat back in.  It will be hilariously cozy.  I also have a box of ear plugs.  You'll need 'em.

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

If I'm going along on the ill-advised Denver-Sears trip, all I ask is that we leave early enough for me to make the inspections on time. And for me to make some theme improvements. Heh, heh, heh.

EyeMWing wrote:

Doug, email me a tentative schedule for when this thing needs to leave NSFIRHQ and get to RB. I might be able to swing a caffeine-fueled diesel binge if some plans fall through and the timing is right.

Will do.  We'll probably need a tow from some point to Doylestown, PA.

K.  I'll bump refurbishing big dirty onto this week's to do list. I sorta ran it out of diesel the other night.  I can swing the 12th, 13th and 20th.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

SeldomSeen wrote:

Once it gets to Denver I'd happily offer storage and use of the lift/workshop for any other repairs. I probably will be working a bunch. But I'll do what I can... Planning on driving out to sears so I'll be able to tow or drag it in if it craps out...

Say what?  I might have to join you.  Did you tell me this before, or was I drunk?

If it ain't broken, fix it 'til it is.

Yes.

Thought it was me that'd gone typing on teh interwebs all loopy on pain meds or somethin. Oh yah! Was me! Course, I'm not tryin to wind up driving this thing out there....just looking to help a little...Also if the K actually craps out, It's not like I could just leave Phil behind. He DID volunteer for this. I'm plenty happy to let him have ALL the awesome glory that goes with the job! Am still plenty happy to help with Sears prep on it. Have heated shop, tools, lift and indifferent neighbors. They haven't even noticed the 2 Le Car yet. I am working a bunch of hours for awhile but will help as I can....

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

If Anton Lovett and Mike Taylor are driving the K from Denver to Sears, which is the last report I got, there won't be room for me in it. Also, Jay says I am not allowed to depend on either the K car or the Checker to get to Sears, because (his words) "Those piles of shit are going to strand you in fucking Mormon Massacre Utah and then we'll all be screwed." No problem, I'll join the caravan in my own car if I have to.

Judge Phil wrote:

If Anton Lovett and Mike Taylor are driving the K from Denver to Sears, which is the last report I got, there won't be room for me in it. Also, Jay says I am not allowed to depend on either the K car or the Checker to get to Sears, because (his words) "Those piles of shit are going to strand you in fucking Mormon Massacre Utah and then we'll all be screwed." No problem, I'll join the caravan in my own car if I have to.

Hahahahaha!

I might accompany you on the return trip, heading to Denver after the Sears event one way or the other.

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

I'm still laughing as I type this! This is PRECISELY why I was planning on making this drive in the big, ugly, "looks like local redneck militia" Army truck! Besides, where else we gonna carry spare smallblock chevy B-plan motors?

TeamPettyCash wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Hahahahaha!

I might accompany you on the return trip, heading to Denver after the Sears event one way or the other.

I don't know who is driving it from Denver at this point. I am prepared to, but it wasn't clear to me who else had stepped up.
I thought it was going to be SeldomSeen, but it looks like that may not be happening either...

-Anton

2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

I can offer a place in Colorado to store/work on the car. I'm driving the support vehicle for the Checker and driving it at the race if it holds together. I think I'm going to throw CadillacBob under the bus and suggest he drive it....He was sorta waffling about flying out there for this race...I'll save him a hella wad 'o cash!
-AARON

Once that car comes to Colorado, we're making some theme improvements. Heh, heh, heh.

Oh Lordy.

Anton - please please please drive this thing across country, set up a Twitter account and then Tweet CONSTANTLY via some sort of voice recognition software. Just let your inner monologue flow.

This would make the absolute bestest entertainment ever.

EVAR!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

121 (edited by autoxmike 2013-10-22 04:32 PM)

Dr. Wife wrote:

Oh Lordy.

Anton - please please please drive this thing across country, set up a Twitter account and then Tweet CONSTANTLY via some sort of voice recognition software. Just let your inner monologue flow.

EVAR!

Anton,

I'm up for the Wisconsin to Sears Point via Denver ferry pilot thing.  How about you?  My plan is to fly to Wisconsin Thanksgiving day, spend that day with my family, then head out Friday or Saturday.  My brother is near Colorado Springs so a couple day stop in the Denver area would work for any work on the Super-Duper K.

This gives us a week to get the K from Wisconsin to Sears Point.  Should be long enough to work through any issues along the way...

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

Dr. Wife wrote:

Oh Lordy.

EVAR!

I'm picturing a smart phone mounted on the windshield automatically snapping pics & uploading them to some sort of player.  There has to be an application for that....

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

Dr. Wife wrote:

set up a Twitter account and then Tweet CONSTANTLY via some sort of voice recognition software. Just let your inner monologue flow.

EVAR!

It would go like this:

10:50 AM: What's that noise from the engine?
10:53 AM: Shit, electrical system failing, phone battery de
11:17 PM: Replaced alternator, twice, still looking for head gasket.
5:19 AM: Haven't slept for 20 hours, almost done with head gasket.
7:46 AM: Die a thousand deaths, Iacocca.
12:27 PM: On the road again, yay!
12:29 PM: Axle broke. Hitchhiking with nice man in Econoline van to parts store.
(end of tweets)

OOOH! Theme improvement!!! I simply cannot wait to see what sorts of terrible things Phil has in mind. But I'm  certain it's gonna be AWESOME!!1!!

Ok, it's 1100-ish miles from Milwaukee-adjacent  to Denver, and 1250 from Denver to the SF Bay Area.

4 days easy, 3 days hard(er) plus Phil's retheming plan (bwhaha).
I can do basically one leg or the other, and if it survives the RA race and at least starts out ok, the first leg is all Plains flatlands and easy until close to Denver.

I think the real Donner Party stuff would come after Denver, and I think it would make sense for me to fly in Monday or Tuesday and meet the accident-in-progress for the final swing. I'll bring some mukluks and a shovel!

Mary- I'll save my best highway free-association for you on the way. To quote Machete: 'Anton don't tweet.' :-)
Mike- email me if you have alternate plans or ideas.

-Anton

2/25/24