Re: That other Series

Serj wrote:
CaptainJillian wrote:
RobL wrote:

Where is that posted?

on Facebook look up UsedCarRacing Series, add as a friend. They're status is that they are running a Nelson Ledges race.

damnit. i hate facebook, why do all you guys HAVE to put your team builds and updates on there? sheesh. ras'-a-frackin' stupid overnight social networking sites.

This is the website, it's still new so not a lot of info on there yet, I was told it will be soon ...  http://usedcarracing.squarespace.com/

We will have to take at least the Celica back there for that.  I love that track, and had such a good time, and really don't want to wait a year or so before I go back.   Can't wait.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

theres the I can clearly tell you used MSPaint to create your logo level of fail
http://usedcarracing.squarespace.com/storage/USED%20LOGO5.bmp

and then theres the i wanted to do it right so i waited people.

i do not understand why people put out such utter crap.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

Am I the only one who got a headache trying to read the red font on gray diamond plate background?  I tried, but couldn't make it past the first few lines of the "About Used Car Racing" section.

Crappy website aside, I'd love to return to Nelson Ledges.  We know NL can put on good events, so this will just be the Longest Day for crap cans.  It should be a great event.  Sure, I'll miss the Lemons tom foolery, but NL was a blast.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Am I the only one who got a headache trying to read the red font on gray diamond plate background?  I tried, but couldn't make it past the first few lines of the "About Used Car Racing" section.

I agree that is wedsite layout is teh suck.  The Chump Car forum (the way it looks/reads) sucks just as bad ,which is the very reason I don't visit it.  I'd like to know what is going on over there, but not bad enough to use that forum.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

" limiting laptimes "  ??? !!!!!!!!!   waddafuksupwidat ?     you would think the $ 500 investment would be enuf of a "limiter"    sounds like if you honestly stay under budget and are talented and resourceful, which should equal FAST        then your going to be penalized for it   until they change that little statement I think I will pass on this latest crapcan series       even if they ARE going to run NL again

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

prime suspect wrote:

" limiting laptimes "  ??? !!!!!!!!!   waddafuksupwidat ?     you would think the $ 500 investment would be enuf of a "limiter"    sounds like if you honestly stay under budget and are talented and resourceful, which should equal FAST        then your going to be penalized for it   until they change that little statement I think I will pass on this latest crapcan series       even if they ARE going to run NL again

I must have given up before reading that.  What about limiting lap times???

'74 260Z

Jay --

For the love all that is holy (or full of holes) and great (or grating), please revive The Lamest Day and deliver us from sin (or sinister events).

-- the NOSM Rocket Scientists

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

EvergreenDan wrote:

Jay --

For the love all that is holy (or full of holes) and great (or grating), please revive The Lamest Day and deliver us from sin (or sinister events).

We'll Bring Beer! echoes that statement.

Prime-I just went back and read that.  WTF?  Can someone just let us race a full 24 hours, please?

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

VKZ24 wrote:
Jeff G 78 wrote:

I agree that is wedsite layout is teh suck.  The Chump Car forum (the way it looks/reads) sucks just as bad ,which is the very reason I don't visit it.  I'd like to know what is going on over there, but not bad enough to use that forum.

Highlight the text with your mouse and it's way easier to read.

Regarding what you both said, I'm not a huge fan of the other two sites layouts either.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

EvergreenDan wrote:

Jay --

Don't hold your breath....  Lemons won't return there.

We are the people your parents warned you about.

37 (edited by Tajracing45 2009-11-21 07:11 AM)

davisriley wrote:

Can someone just let us race a full 24 hours, please?

Yes!  Email me at tajracing45@yahoo.com and I'll be more than happy to fill you in on everything.  'Everything' meaning other 24 hour races.

We are the people your parents warned you about.

Tajracing45 wrote:
EvergreenDan wrote:

Jay --

Don't hold your breath....  Lemons won't return there.

We never did get a good explanation of why it didn't make the 2010 schedule.  My guess is that they had already negotiated with Gingerman about 2010 prior to the Lamest Day race, not knowing what a huge success it would turn out to be.  They mentioned safety, but I don't buy that at all.  There are many tracks on the schedule that are more dangerous than NL.  It could always have come down to money. 

If Jay gets enough emails asking to bring it back, we might just see it again in 2011.

'74 260Z

Yeah, I didn't really get it being so "dangerous" either. Sure, the pits left something to be desired, and track entry is kind of a PITA, but I thought everybody dealt with both issues pretty well. And despite the fact that we only got in about 2.5 hours before we lunched our engine, we had a great time. It was unreal to stand up there on the spotter's platform at 2:30 in the morning and see all the headlights and taillights going out and around Carousel and then up the back straight. If Lemons goes there again, we'd be there in a heartbeat. Might even do this other race if they pull their heads out. Cheers!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I didn't have a huge problem with the red font(tho' I wasn't crazy about it either), but that blue font on the links page...oy.  Hopefully it gets fixed.

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

41 (edited by prime suspect 2009-11-21 07:31 AM)

davisriley wrote:
EvergreenDan wrote:

Jay --

We'll Bring Beer! echoes that statement.

Prime-I just went back and read that.  WTF?  Can someone just let us race a full 24 hours, please?

I interpreted that as telling us we wouldnt be able to run quicker than a whatever lap or be penalized or told to slow down    I was assuming it WOULD be a full 24 hr         regardless I think they need to clarify exactly what that little phrase means

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

Jeff G 78 wrote:
prime suspect wrote:

I must have given up before reading that.  What about limiting lap times???

"By limiting both the total $ investment in the car to $500, and limiting the allowable lap times to be consistent to what a $500 car would actually be capable of running,  we’ve once again returned to where the sport started."             

its at the very end of the spiel on the history etc.       hmmmm  idunno about about you ,  but i think i can go DAMN fast for $500    and if I DO ,   I really dont want to somebody telling me my team has to slow down  ( unless we are winning be a WIDE margin )  maybe this will only apply to the leader           just seems like a pretty silly statement to include

Until they post the rules proper, this is all just dealing in speculation. I want to return to NL and slay the demons that vanquished us last time, but until I see rules and a firm date, this race is little more than a pipe dream.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.