Topic: And There was Much Rejoicing

and fingers pointed in the air, and waved in circles as if waving crimson battle flags and the stars and stripes and there was the sound of trumpets, and... you get it.  Great day for the K!  Congrats to the guys who saw this one through!!

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Re: And There was Much Rejoicing

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/484745_10151961490374375_1346239252_n.jpg

Whoot!

This space for rent.

YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHoooooooooooooooooo!!!1!1!

Way to go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-WHW-QNswE

Alright, so which hospitable Wisconsin team will host the K for the next few weeks? Wink wink.

K Car Stalker

Weld the trophy to the hood, it's where it belongs.

Awesome. The poor girl has finally gotten a chance to show she isn't so horrible (when you take care of her).

Now that the K is somewhat well sorted, I imagine that setting it on fire/leaving it in front of Lee Iacocca's house is less likely. Has anyone at Lemons ever tried to contact Iacocca? It would be pretty awesome to bring him out to Sonoma for a victory lap or something.

. . . and the K's gone done and gotten all grown up -  congrats!

*wipes single tear of joy*

It gave us very little trouble. ran like a champ both days.

IOE - K-Car, RA 2013
Heroic Fix, Barber Feb 2014

The K-Car:
-helped me hit my top speed of the race, giving me a draft from turn 3 all the way to 5, enabling the Festiva to reach 104 mph
-out-handled the Festiva on the lower half of the course when it started raining
-lifted the inside rear wheel going around Canada corner super aggressively
-kept up with me going flat through turn 13 in 3rd gear
-blew by an E30 on the front straight

It was all so surreal - I couldn't believe my eyes!

15x+ Loser, thinks he's a Real Racer(tm)
Rotaries are great, everyone should try them.

On the pace laps Saturday morning, I was just two cars behind the K.  As we rolled out of the bend and headed toward Canada Corner, the K pulled off to the right and waved us by.

"Aww, crap." I thought.  It's doing it again. 

Fast forward about 6 minutes later - the green flag has been flying for 4 minutes and I'm coming up the hill to the start-finish line when I am blitzed by a K car flying past me on the right.

What the hell?  All I could figure was the K car driver may have needed to adjust his steering wheel, check the radio, etc.

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

I'm still very much in favor of burning it to the ground after Sonoma.....not splish some gas on it kinda burn....I mean stuff it full of  worn out tires and then soak liberally in diesel fuel, stuff gallon jugs of used motor oil in between the tires, toss 4 or 5 magnesium wheels or engine cases on top all that and then pack any remaining space with road flares. Just to be sure.
I'll pack some marshmallows.

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

best k car on-track story to date...

almitydave wrote:

The K-Car:
-helped me hit my top speed of the race, giving me a draft from turn 3 all the way to 5, enabling the Festiva to reach 104 mph
-out-handled the Festiva on the lower half of the course when it started raining
-lifted the inside rear wheel going around Canada corner super aggressively
-kept up with me going flat through turn 13 in 3rd gear
-blew by an E30 on the front straight

It was all so surreal - I couldn't believe my eyes!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

SeldomSeen wrote:

I'm still very much in favor of burning it to the ground after Sonoma.....not splish some gas on it kinda burn....I mean stuff it full of  worn out tires and then soak liberally in diesel fuel, stuff gallon jugs of used motor oil in between the tires, toss 4 or 5 magnesium wheels or engine cases on top all that and then pack any remaining space with road flares. Just to be sure.
I'll pack some marshmallows.

Holy crap, remind me never to piss this guy off.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

I was one of the drivers of the super k during her triumphant arse kickin weekend.  I just have to say, after the year I've had (I've owned a Tires Plus for the past 18 years, and it seems some people think that just because they worked for you for 5 years, it's their right to steal from you, and after you fire them, it's their right to try to contact all your customers and recruit them away to the competition that said former employee is now working for) this little car has really renewed my spirit and provided a light in a time that wasn't so bright.  When I signed up, I never expected this car to be just 4 seconds a lap slower than a really well prepped acura integra I drove at RA just two weeks earlier, but there we were,  turning 3:14 to 3:20, and passing cars that were engineered to be way better than some cheap last ditch effort to save an also ran company that everone and their grandma had written off 30 years ago.  So here's to you k car, you deserve it and you earned it, I was happy to be part of your arse kickin, and I would be happy to do it again.  Also, thank you Steve M. (Lemonster)for all the hard work, if you didn't do it, the car never would have done this, that and the secret weapons we put on.  They say that if you put your hopes in the k, she'll let you down, not this weekend, no one can take that from her, ever.  That was on fun wuppin, a wuppin we both needed.  Sometimes life is like that, magic, pure magic.
PS anyone that burns, crushes, or harms that car in any way, should be banned for life, she's got it in her, you just have to show her some love, just like a woman.
Thanks for reading,
Troy

OK, OK. I'd be perfectly happy to just burn a small effigy of the thing. Lol! I really am glad it did so well! Cant wait to see it in Denver for the upcoming journey to Sonoma!

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

I expected something like this to happen at the finish line: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8hX2Ex58os

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

RichVS wrote:

I expected something like this to happen at the finish line: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8hX2Ex58os

I'd put the odds around 5:1 to do that at Sonoma.

Steve drove the K to Siebkens on Friday night and sat with us for a bit. He basically looked Phil and I in the eyes and said the K was going to run all weekend and that it was running better than it ever had in the past. For some even crazier reason, I believed him completely and oddly was not at all surprised to see it do well.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

Steve drove the K to Siebkens on Friday night and sat with us for a bit. He basically looked Phil and I in the eyes and said the K was going to run all weekend and that it was running better than it ever had in the past. For some even crazier reason, I believed him completely and oddly was not at all surprised to see it do well.

I wish I had the same hypnotic mind-control powers.

15x+ Loser, thinks he's a Real Racer(tm)
Rotaries are great, everyone should try them.

therood wrote:
RichVS wrote:

He basically looked Phil and I in the eyes and said the K was going to run all weekend and that it was running better than it ever had in the past.

To be honest, he pretty much does this at all the races, no matter which heap of crap he happens to be associated with.

He's been practicing this Jedi mind-voodoo stuff for some time now... I'm not sure if he's actually perfected it, or simply willed the universe into submission but you gotta admit...

..."He believes".

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Yah, I've drank a lotta Old Milwaukee in  Siebkins too. Make a person claim all sorts of things.....sometimes ya get lucky....usually ya wind up eating greasy burgers at Siebkins Cheeseburger stand at the track trying to make the hangover/gutpunch feeling go away....I have done a great deal more of the latter....

Yeah, it really did seem strong leaving Doylestown, and the trip updates were all good.  Steven is the man, and it is cool just to have been associated with it the week prior to it's glory.  There are lots of good posts going on over at Facebook K Car Fan Page for anyone who isn't already in on that.  Just committed to Sonoma!  Yee Haw!

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

And as for burning the K, mind that I was going for a Viking funeral kind of glory not a hateful sort of thing. I was making certain to be thorough. I'm sure any such behavior is most certainly going to be frowned upon in California so, doubt any such glory will be achieved...