Topic: MUSTER READ! The real TRUTH about that CHEATING ASS MAXIMA!!!!

There are a couple of key facts that the SCCA all star/lawyer left out of his long whine.

The biggest one being that the guy who sold him the car agreed to lower the price from whatever he was asking ($700) to $500 because HE WAS GOING TO BE ON THE TEAM.

But, for who cares what reason the seller never made it on the team. Only problem is, they still bought the car for the lower price.

How do I know this? The SCCA all star/lawyer SHOWED ME THE EMAIL where the guy agreed to lower the price because it was going to be used for racing.

That set off a radioactive red flag. Then they popped the hood.

In front of my eyes was one of the most cheaty cars of the whole weekend, loaded with Tein Springs, adjustable shocks (NOT coilovers) and CAI.

Bringing the second newest car of the weekend is one thing (in terms of Lemons, 1997 is practically showroom fresh), but having it loaded up with all sorts of cheater parts is something else entirely. I believe I was told something to the effect of, "it has 90,000 miles on it!" Again, saying such nonsense in a sea of 300,000 and 400,000 mile clunkers did not help their case.

So, I said they were $200 over budget and hit them with 20 laps.

Through whining (and loaning a very quiet generator to black flag to keep track of all 521 black flags -- thank you), they got their BS lap total lowered to 10 laps.

As far as being put on their trailer goes, they racked up three contact penalties in a row on Sunday. When a car has three contacts in a row, we get Jay involved. Jay gathered the entire team together and gave them his usual speech about thin ice and how one more black flag is the equivalent of falling in.

Well, you know how this one ends.

Also, the idea that because Murilee says something here in the forum about wanting more Japanese Luxury Cars is somehow... binding, is insane.

Especially because we have never laid eyes on the car when he wrote that. And the car turned out to be exactly what I suspected, a giant, glowing pile of cheatonium. I mean, 5-speed Maximas (from Clinton's second term) are rare enough, but who the hell puts adjustable anything on their Maximas?

Anyhow, see rule 1.1 for further clarification.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Re: MUSTER READ! The real TRUTH about that CHEATING ASS MAXIMA!!!!

well said.......I was wondering why that thing was SO fast and took the turns SO well

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

lulz.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I offer this without comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYxqsWvP79U

Bwaaaa haaaaa haaaa haaaa! You should have hit them with 100 laps for whining so much! Adjustable = cheat unless 1. you made it yourself, and 2. it's clearly going to break.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

It was a quiet generator, thanks Dan.  Worth the 10 laps, easy.   

That said, the Maxima was Hella cheater.  It even sounded raspy, and it burbled like a thoroughbred sports car.  I'd love to put it on my dyno...     The judges are smart fellers, its hard to slip stuff by them (well, there was a s50 swapped e-30 and a JDM 20v 4AGE in an MR2).  The original 20 lap penalty was more than fair. Being 5 laps down at the end of day one is badass!  You were up there with a cheater Miata and some great teams.

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Oh, that car...

That's the one that one of my driver's wanted cursed.
Hmmm.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

trekkor wrote:

Oh, that car...

That's the one that one of my driver's wanted cursed.
Hmmm.

KT

yes, the fact that reports were pouring in all weekend long about how the Maxima was being driven like a 'shine runner fleeing the revenuers didn't help their cause.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

9 (edited by Danimaldds37 2009-11-23 06:55 PM)

Wasn't me Dean. You are welcome John. Sorry about all this. does make for good reading. Really can't comment on all this very much. Mr Thomas Coached me about the "dangers" of racing in the Lemons.  I tried as hard as I could with our Cheater car to be curtious to others, with no expectation of winning. I admit I had one black flag at the end, which I guess caused our demise. The table was set for that. Still had fun. great to meet all ya'll. Jay , Jonny and the others. (sorry I can't remember your names) Hopefully I will be allowed to return to race again.. Dan

10 (edited by ifb_mole 2009-11-23 07:21 PM)

Johnny,

Yes that is all true, I showed you all the emails and pictures and stuff but the price was negotiated BEFORE discussing having him on the team. I showed you the pictures and Craigslist ad, it was plain as day the springs, shocks CAI exhaust.  I didn't hide that fact ever.  I wouldn't have wanted a friggen Maxima but hay he modified it and the price was right, though highly damaged front end.

I asked you to inspect the shocks and springs and and anything else on the car and you didn't want to, I was cheating, you claimed.  You think if I was going to cheat I would put adjustbale shocks that simply by popping open the hood you can see the adjustment screws?

I never said 90K miles, the working odometer is over 200K miles on a 12 year car, that is over 16K miles a year, about average.

Actually you started with more laps than 20 and through negotiating or pleading or whining what ever you want to call it and loaning of the generator the BS laps were graciously lowewred to 10, that is all true and that is somehow bad? You mean bribing is OK but negotiating is not?  Hay, any way I can get the BS laps reduced or eliminated I think is fine, no?

Johnny is not quite correct why we were put on the trailer, we did have 3 contacts - the situation doesn't matter who was at fault.  But still Jay let us out again after the 3 contacts, I guess because I whined, but he was gracious enough to let us out.  I thanked Jay for one more chance, I was thankful, I really was. I still had not driven yet and I wanted to drive and Jay kept that door a wee bit ajar that I still had hope to drive

Well our very best driver made a small error and was black-flagged, that was it, end of story.  It was NOT his fault, if other team mates had driven like they should have and could have, we would have finished the race. Not whining, my team, my fault.

Johnny, you're absolutley right just because Murilee said something on here about my car without ever seeing it doesn't mean it is binding, that was not what I meant,  that IS insane.

You know one piece of documentation I had was a print-out from a Nissan dealer detailing my VIN # that proves that this car was a GXE (the low level car) AND it came with a 5 speed OEM.  Also as to trick parts on a Maxima, I'm with you, who the hell does that, well go to www.Maxima.org and you'll find a whole community that does wild and crazy stuff to Maxima's, Maximas!! 

Johhny you da man and what you say goes, did I negotaite hard with you? Hell yes!!  I don't deny that, I'm in sales, thats what I do.  I have documentation on the car and it didn't seem to matter all that much, it was cheatonium in your opinion, fine, your word is final basically. Did I like the decision, no, but I lived with it and moved on.

Over the weekend after our heated negotiation didn't we talk and laugh about other things? yes we did, I dropped the whole BS laps issue and one time we both laughed about if the shocks even still WORKED yet alone effective on a friggen Maxima.

dtfastbear  (Dean?) I don't know who was driving the car, on that video, could have been our newbie and not making excuses but you were just coming out of the pits when he passed you and I suspect he thought you were farther back and he moved over for the best line into T2,  I know Dan and I would not have moved over to "block you", nor would I think our other 2 drivers would have either.  I just think whomever was driving was just moving over for the optimum line into T2.

Anyone who wants to pick-up the car is welcome to dyno it, I'm not hiding a thing.  I bought it "as-is"

More whining, really, are you just not getting it yet?

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

To put this in a little bit of perspective for you (since you still seem to think you were wronged -- by the way, talk to David Swigg if you want to know about being wronged, hee hee hee) the very first race Judge Murilee and I BS'd was in South Carolina. One Southern Gent showed up with a 2001 PT Cruiser.

After a lot of wide eyed "what in the fuck?!?" from teh two of us, he explained that the car was donated to him for $1. From who? A Corporation? Which corporation? HIS CORPORATION!!!

Anyhow, we calmed down a bit and were all set to let him race with no laps. Then we popped the hood and lo and behold there was a shiny aluminum twin-scroll supercharger staring back at us. 70 laps. And that was because we were meek back in the day. Should have been 7,000.

As for your car, if I would have looked I'm POSITIVE I would have hit you with 100 laps or more.

And, to put this in even finer perspective for you, with zero laps you would have had a 1 in 158 chance of winning 407 pounds of nickels. With the BS laps, your odds declined, slightly.

JThw8 wrote:

He's just not getting it.

Can anyone lend this gent a shovel?  I'd like him to dig his hole even quicker...

Enjoy every sandwich.

Judge Jonny wrote:
JThw8 wrote:

He's just not getting it.

after reading all these posts  ( and there are ALOT of em about this )    im pretty sure that even if He DID get it   He wouldnt know what to do with it

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

Judge Jonny wrote:

T
After a lot of wide eyed "what in the fuck?!?" from teh two of us, he explained that the car was donated to him for $1. From who? A Corporation? Which corporation? HIS CORPORATION!!!

Sweet!   Evil Genius Racing LLC is going to donate its badass 2:02 at TH ITA 1.8L Miata to my next team..     Hey Dean, wanna race your 5.7 Miata as well? we'll take the penalties, smile, go drink at Casa Ramos and come back in the morning and fly through the field.  Bring some sharpies, we'll be doin' some writin'

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Johhny, I never said I was wronged, ALL enterants play by the same rules, so how could I be wronged? I was not wronged since the rules are the rules, they are what they are.  I said the BS penalties handicaps the recipients to a point that it is insurmountable to get out of , but ALL play by those rules, harsh as they may be, that's how the race is, if I don't like it, don't race Lemons then.  Is that whining? I AGREE we deserved what we got by the rules, I AGREE that we had to "play by the BS rules" I agree 100% and it is what it is. 

Finally the car was fast because our #1 driver is one hella driver thats why.  He is a top notch front running SM driver that finished 4th in the season points and still missed 4 races.  He was a top 10 in the NASA national championships so put him in a 2900 lb, FWD Maxima and he can hustle that car around as though he was a moonshiner.  A good and fast driver can make even a Lemons crap can haul ass.

I know some of you passed the car and are thinking what's the fuss about this #44 Maxima? I passed him with no problem.  That's the difference a driver can make.  We even nicked name Dan - "the Stig" he is so good.  When you put a good driver in a car and it goes fast, they MUST be cheating, right.

http://homeschooljourney.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/shovel.jpg

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Evil Genius wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

T

Sweet!   Evil Genius Racing LLC is going to donate its badass 2:02 at TH ITA 1.8L Miata to my next team..     Hey Dean, wanna race your 5.7 Miata as well? we'll take the penalties, smile, go drink at Casa Ramos and come back in the morning and fly through the field.  Bring some sharpies, we'll be doin' some writin'

NICE......

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

ifb_mole wrote:

Johhny, I never said I was wronged, ALL enterants play by the same rules, so how could I be wronged? I was not wronged since the rules are the rules, they are what they are.  I said the BS penalties handicaps the recipients to a point that it is insurmountable to get out of , but ALL play by those rules, harsh as they may be, that's how the race is, if I don't like it, don't race Lemons then.  Is that whining? I AGREE we deserved what we got by the rules, I AGREE that we had to "play by the BS rules" I agree 100% and it is what it is. 

Finally the car was fast because our #1 driver is one hella driver thats why.  He is a top notch front running SM driver that finished 4th in the season points and still missed 4 races.  He was a top 10 in the NASA national championships so put him in a 2900 lb, FWD Maxima and he can hustle that car around as though he was a moonshiner.  A good and fast driver can make even a Lemons crap can haul ass.

I know some of you passed the car and are thinking what's the fuss about this #44 Maxima? I passed him with no problem.  That's the difference a driver can make.  We even nicked name Dan - "the Stig" he is so good.  When you put a good driver in a car and it goes fast, they MUST be cheating, right.

Actually, you did say you were wronged, repeatedly.

One cannot claim that 10 unfair BS laps put them out of contention for the win, then claim they didn't want to win, over and over. There isn't a team in Lemons that doesn't want to win. We are all racers. Some focus on winning more than others. Frankly, I'm running 5+ Lemons races in 2010, and I can tell you right now that my team will only be competing for the overall win in one (SC in Feb). There won't be any super-cheaty  (or even slightly cheaty) parts on our Lincoln for its 4th race, either. The rest will probably be IOE bids with the Prefect and Caddy, and whatever else I pick up in the meantime for my new Reno team.

You really should have taken the hints and deleted the original post right away. No amount of backpedaling and retractions now can undo what's been done. In the off chance that you return, I shudder to think of how you will fare in BS tech.

Might as well sell my Reno team that Maxima for $500. Provided, of course, Jay doesn't give it a residual higher than $500. Four rookies and one Lemons veteran could pilot that thing to a top 25 finish, if they follow instructions. If not, at least it should hold up for a few laps... big_smile

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

My word, the 10 BS penalties are what they are, that's what Johhny gave and that's what it is, I didn't like it but we lived with it and moved on.  Our demise were the contacts NOT the BS laps, all I said was my opinion is the BS laps seem excessive as do the penalties for minor incidental contact NO MATTER WHO IS AT FAULT.  But those are the rules we all live by, so I dealt with it.  I was not wronged when those are rules Johhny.  Saying I didn't like the penalties doesn't mean I was wronged. The rules from the judges and Jay are what they are, I'm absolutley fine with it.

Just curious - when your customers are ready to buy to you just keep right on selling anyway?

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

ifb_mole wrote:

Johnny,
  I just think whomever was driving was just moving over for the optimum line into T2.

FWIW, that little pinch entering T2 was no big deal, I just happened across it as I was watching back some footage and couldn't resist posting it!  It definitely wasn't Dan in the car, as I saw Dan in the paddock a minute before I left the pits...

I'm putting together a low-lights compilation, and car 44 will not be one of the starring teams.