Re: Kurrent "K" Kar Komitments

SeldomSeen wrote:

Phil, I took the whole week before the race off. I'm sure there will be much hand wringing and god-knows-what craziness. Weds sounds good to me. Hoping we are sticking to a 55-60 mph kinda speeds. If needed, I'll leave earlier and have you guys catch up. I'm trailering the Checker. Would rather stick somewhat together.
As an added novelty, a friend of mine who I am building a 4.0 Jeep swapped Jeep Scrambler for will be driving to the Bay area with us! In the Jeep. Nothing like trial by fire. Is sure to be quite the adventure. California still require trailers to go 55? Seems like I recall that they do.

I recently towed from Indo, CA (far south) to Willows, CA (fairly north) and 55 mph limits for trailers all along the way, eff'n bastardos!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

willy1959 wrote:
autoxmike wrote:
willy1959 wrote:

Cant wait to meet you.
signed
Crusty old guy

It is a small world.  Pretty damn funny. I haven't laughed so hard in a LONG time! Look forward to meeting you :-)

Mike

PS: Who are you on the Sandbox??

Not actually on that site, my partner in the Opel bread van sent it to me, No idea what his handle is there. Was going to register there and comment, but I couldn't figure out the riddle. I'm old dammit

Hey Willy, understand you're close to the Super K... any chance you can add a gallon or two of antifreeze before Monday?  Understand the temps get well below freezing next Mon-Wed next week!

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Get used to seeing this.....
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/BigBird57/thCAP784VQ_zpsf5eec9e8.jpg

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

The CHP barely enforces speed limits, so don't panic.

DC Doug wrote:
willy1959 wrote:
autoxmike wrote:

It is a small world.  Pretty damn funny. I haven't laughed so hard in a LONG time! Look forward to meeting you :-)

Mike

PS: Who are you on the Sandbox??

Not actually on that site, my partner in the Opel bread van sent it to me, No idea what his handle is there. Was going to register there and comment, but I couldn't figure out the riddle. I'm old dammit

Hey Willy, understand you're close to the Super K... any chance you can add a gallon or two of antifreeze before Monday?  Understand the temps get well below freezing next Mon-Wed next week!

okay

Your Miata Parts Pimp

willy1959 wrote:
DC Doug wrote:
willy1959 wrote:

okay

Thanks!

BTW - the plan is that Adam from Team Gutty and me will roll into Racine sometime next weekend to grab the K and take it to his shop in South Holland.  Once we get it there it will be prepped for the winter cross country journey. I'm loading up the heater blower that came out of the Hong north MX-3, and Adam has a Honda heater core.  Thanks for storing the K and giving it a drink of anti freeze!!

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

Not super worried bout the speed limit since I was contemplating driving the P30 EX-FRITO boxtruck. It's just Aerodynamically challenged. Mileage drops off quick as ya get goin faster. Has a 4bt Cummins with a 3800 gov spring in it and a bunch of other mods. WILL go like hell....just costs a lotta bux to do it.  Big ol box will do 15-18 mpg goin around 55 pullin a Jeep on a trailer...

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Here's a video compilation of typical Super K moments during the 2013 season.

159 (edited by autoxmike 2013-11-11 08:43 AM)

The Trek to Chicago begins. Cabin heating parts are packed - plucked from the scrap pile of Hong Norrth builds. Heater core is from Peter's in progress Supra, blower from am MX-3. The K should be at Adam Jabaay's of Team Gutty fame shop south of Chicago by this weekend for the heater install and a freshening before the trek to Sonoma

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k435/Autoxmike/DSC_0338_zpsf3f00ec3.jpg

Mike
Hong Norrth

I highly recommend a simple motorcycle radiator hanging by a bungie cord for your in-car heater. Thoroughly tested and the stock fan works great as a pusher when wired backwards.

http://murileemartin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/citroenhelldriveday2-07.jpg

It worked so well it burned me.

I have two complete sets of HVAC gear out of my EXP's.  Located close to DeKalb, IL.

Should you find yourself wanting the parts without having to pull them yourselves, send me a note.

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

Thinking about driving that car without heat as its starting to snow here.. brrrr.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1105 … 4621626977

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/kStv04rWBENT6p42CLjT7y0IRFmb3C7lfamYb9mH1Vc=w276-h207-p-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/JwJ5TWx9adCMN0Ey4y56wLQ5Vsuq2mgg9O-7qvxj9Pc=w276-h207-p-no

I have posted many times that we have miata parts here if you could use them. heater cores/blowers/even radiators if you want to do the spank thing

Blake and his Friend got a lot of room in the shop in the last week if you were here in a morning I can bring you inside.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/H94OV7ImDwhCXH3TbkJ50m8Bap3xikWNmW_FsHE0DSQ=w276-h207-p-no

Your Miata Parts Pimp

http://i.imgur.com/qemE2z5.jpg

I moved it today for a semi truck delivery.  It was plenty cozy.  One wiper makes things kind of exciting though.  Not to mention more torque than my tow vehicle.

On my way... Will be in Chicago tonight

Currently enjoying this in Nashville

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k435/Autoxmike/DSC_0344_zpsaf712d0d.jpg

Mike
Hong Norrth

Aren't you fancy.  Enjoy that interior with all your mirrors and digital displays while it lasts.  (and heat)

http://i.imgur.com/87HfW2N.jpg

Good luck. I love the alignment note on the steering wheel hub. +1

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

A heater that can be turned off is a plus. Plumb a garden-faucet-style valve into the water line, in case it ends up being 65 degrees for parts of the drive.

168 (edited by autoxmike 2013-11-11 11:43 PM)

The plan is to snag the K Tuesday (tomorrow) after I finish up at the United Center. Adam from Team Gutty and I will head up to Racine. Adam has his crew lined up to get the K ready for its final jaunt across the country - in the winter. In addition the the heater we plan to add a passenger seat, muffler, replace passenger side axle, new brake fluid, and anything else that previous  team " owners" an remember. Let me know...

Willy - will anyone be around Tuesday evening at the shop? PM me your phone number and I'll call you tomorrow to coordinate..

Mike
Hong Norrth

I love it when a dodgy plan comes together!

Mike, take a look in the passenger seat area... I'm missing one of the lap belts from a cam lock setup I used w/ Steven driving FL>NH.  It's black, G-Force.

Let us know if you need any help!

dc

DC Doug wrote:

I love it when a dodgy plan comes together!

Mike, take a look in the passenger seat area... I'm missing one of the lap belts from a cam lock setup I used w/ Steven driving FL>NH.  It's black, G-Force.

Let us know if you need any help!

dc

I'll keep an eye out. Also I remembered your wrenches so hopefully you will be reunited at Sonoma.

Mike
Hong Norrth

Sweet!

Willy is generally not at the shop after dark, but I am planning on being there a few hours.  I generally get to work after 630pm.

262-607-BTDT

-Blake

oh my. What did I say yes to? Haha

thefirebuilds wrote:

Willy is generally not at the shop after dark, but I am planning on being there a few hours.  I generally get to work after 630pm.

262-607-BTDT

-Blake

Great!  Also can someone text or PM the shop address. My cell is:  678-230-4970

Thanks!

Mike
Hong Norrth

adamjabaay wrote:

oh my. What did I say yes to? Haha

We will find out soon enough ;-)

Mike