Re: MUSTER READ! The real TRUTH about that CHEATING ASS MAXIMA!!!!

Did someone say chum?

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

SharkBait wrote:

Did someone say chum?

Well played. I lol'd, literally.

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

ifb_mole wrote:

well sounds like it was gitS ehT doing what he does best

Think spelling The Stig backwards in a douchetastic way is going to get you out of Jonny's "BS lap per Stig reference" rule for you?

I'm willing to bet this move got you 3 BS laps instead of 1. Wanna take my bet?

Chotus! Chotus! Chotus! Chotus!

Steve W wrote:
ifb_mole wrote:

well sounds like it was gitS ehT doing what he does best

Think spelling The Stig backwards in a douchetastic way is going to get you out of Jonny's "BS lap per Stig reference" rule for you?

I'm willing to bet this move got you 3 BS laps instead of 1. Wanna take my bet?

Calm down, Trust Fund.

We're learning that the SCCA All Star/Lawyer doesn't have a very good filter and sort of just types stuff, meaning no harm.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

There's clearly no 'oh crap, did i just type that out loud?!?' introspection, either.
So it's not just a poor filter, but also no idea why one might be necessary...

Speaking of which: Hey Mods, any way to restore the now-deleted first epic Mole post?

Volvo PV544 (RIP) - now with Chevy 3.9 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

I don't know why this hasn't been posted yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEPfJo5enIg

Now I'm gonna have to build that sign for a couple of get-out-of-penalty-free passes in February. As if I didn't have enough to do already...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Troy wrote:

Since I have a Maxima and am a Nissan guy, I'm going to point out a few things.

BS Laps can cost someone a victory.  10 laps are less than 1 Black Flag penalty.  If you realize 10 BS factor laps are fatal, maybe you now realize 1 penalty is too.  Unless everyone else gets a Penalty too which was pretty much the case at Thunderhill.  So if you would have stayed out of trouble, you could have overcome your BS laps.

4th Gen Maximas are glorified Quest Mini Vans.  They have a solid rear axle.

Yes guys mod Maximas as seen on Maxima.org. 

I've got a 3rd gen 4DSC with lots of suspension upgrades.  It has 4 wheel independent suspension and it's just okay.  Far from the E36 I sold instead of the Maxima.

There are more cheap suspension parts for the 4th gen than the 4DSC 3rd gen.

So since all you guys now consider 4th gen Maximas bad ass ringers, here are a few cheap ones:

1996 Nissan Maxima - $650 (Houston,TX)
Date: 2009-11-05, 4:03PM CST
Reply to: sale-3k3qx-1453158858@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Mileage: 129, 199

Details: Looks like the car rolled it has front windshield and roof damage.

1998 Nissan Maxima 4Door 1998 Nissan Maxima 4Door - $1000 (houston ,west houston , Alief)
Date: 2009-11-10, 6:47AM CST
Reply to: sale-r45d9-1459295514@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Asking for 1000 or BEST OFFER! !

97 NISSAN MAXIMA PARTS CAR - $700 (MONTGOMERY)
Date: 2009-11-21, 11:38AM CST
Reply to: see below
1997 nissan maxima - $700 (the woodlands )
Date: 2009-10-27, 10:41AM CDT
Reply to: sale-gzuzb-1439774100@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

x

Troy, In trying to help this poor fellow, did you just post several ads where rolled and non running Maximas still aren't worth less than $650? What would nice running, 5 speed, race prepped, tuner cars go for then? I suspect around $3500.

Bring a rear-wheel-drive Maxima, or- better still- a Datsun 810!

Disney wrote:

Troy, In trying to help this poor fellow, did you just post several ads where rolled and non running Maximas still aren't worth less than $650? What would nice running, 5 speed, race prepped, tuner cars go for then? I suspect around $3500.

Just a few examples of cheap 4th gen Maximas.  The car you guys are bitching about was bought wrecked and originally listed for $700 with some cool suspension parts.  The $650 example I listed is similar minus suspension stuff.  I think the $700 parts car was not that bad off either but I think it's gone now.

Murilee, I need a cage for a first gen Maxima.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:
Disney wrote:

Just a few examples of cheap 4th gen Maximas.  The car you guys are bitching about was bought wrecked and originally listed for $700 with some cool suspension parts.  The $650 example I listed is similar minus suspension stuff.  I think the $700 parts car was not that bad off either but I think it's gone now.

So Troy, in California where shit costs twice what it does in the great state of Texas a similar car BEFORE you add in all the cheaty parts is worth $650.

In other words, you're saying that 20 laps was WAY TOO FEW.

Agreed.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

My offer to buy the cheaty Max stands. $500.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqt5Q7TMaxY

a few minutes of video chasing the maxima and V8olvo around on day 1

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqt5Q7TMaxY

a few minutes of video chasing the maxima and V8olvo around on day 1

Wow! Some people actually race their cars, huh?! Maybe some day I'll have a car that can race too.

Well, at least it looked like they painted it nicely...

91 (edited by ifb_mole 2009-11-25 09:33 PM)

Was that the very first stint or the second one, do you know? Who was driving the 928, Mark K?

As a note about the paint job, the kid that sold us the car painted it free hand from a dozen or so spray cans, he is quite talented.

Judge Jonny wrote:
Troy wrote:
Disney wrote:

So Troy, in California where shit costs twice what it does in the great state of Texas a similar car BEFORE you add in all the cheaty parts is worth $650.

Agreed.

Cars though are cheap in California

Spank wrote:

Wow! Some people actually race their cars, huh?! Maybe some day I'll have a car that can race too.

How about a Triumph Mayflower with a GMC 292 swap?

MurileeMartin wrote:
Spank wrote:

How about a Triumph Mayflower with a GMC 292 swap?

http://worcester.craigslist.org/pts/1449073562.html

Starting with that one? Hmmm. Might be over budget

95 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-11-25 10:43 PM)

Seriously, I think the GMC 292 inline six would be an ideal ghettocharging candidate. Much easier turbo plumbing than a V8, yet still with V8 displacement. How about a twin-turbo 292 in a Triumph GT6? Orders of magnitude more fun than an E30!

96 (edited by Pendejo 2009-11-25 10:55 PM)

MurileeMartin wrote:

Seriously, I think the GMC 292 inline six would be an ideal ghettocharging candidate. Much easier turbo plumbing than a V8, yet still with V8 displacement. How about a twin-turbo 292 in a Triumph GT6? Orders of magnitude more fun than an E30!

It took me a while but i remembered a car that did have the 292 in it that was a sports car. The Bitter SC! I can't believe they are still in business. I worked on a few in the 80,s cool looking but slow.

http://i50.tinypic.com/nyxnac.jpg

ifb_mole wrote:

Was that the very first stint or the second one, do you know? Who was driving the 928, Mark K?

As a note about the paint job, the kid that sold us the car painted it free hand from a dozen or so spray cans, he is quite talented.

It was the 1st stint on Saturday...maybe 30 minutes into the race....Richard "Mark" Anderson was driving.....Richard "Mark" Kibort went out in the 2nd stint....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

The Bitter had a 292? I knew they were Opel based, but had no idea they'd reach into the GM parts bin for a truck engine.

ifb_mole wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:
Troy wrote:

Agreed.

Cars though are cheap in California

Aside from punctuation, you also need to learn to STOP TALKING WHEN YOU'RE PROVEN WRONG OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR FOUR STRAIGHT DAYS!!!!

MurileeMartin wrote:

Bring a rear-wheel-drive Maxima, or- better still- a Datsun 810!

I sometimes think that would be a great car to build and start perusing craigslist, but then I remember that there's a good chance of the Curse of the Z migrating over just because of the straight-six.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.