Re: Confusion about what is "Lemons Racing"

You all got the spirit of Lemons down so I will tell you why I race Lemons

chicks dig race car drivers...and I dig chicks

Yup if you leave out the fact that your "race car" is a 1991 infinity sedan and you say you compete in endurance racing, you are not really misleading them.

even Lemons is just another part of my master plan to score more trim than the average joe

Formerly an asshole driving an Infinity
Now just another cock with a Porsche
Chief bad decision maker of Team Lowbrau

the head wrote:

Yup if you leave out the fact that your "race car" is a 1991 infinity sedan and you say you compete in endurance racing, you are not really misleading them.

even Lemons is just another part of my master plan to score more trim than the average joe

You are a very smart person!

ronman wrote:
doctawife wrote:
ronman wrote:

There are nudists at Lemons? yikes

Yep - MSR Houston had two teams sponsored by Live Oak Nudist Resort.

They made good burgers, jambalaya, and fixin's.  Srsly.

As long as they kept their Nomex underbritches on... yikes

They did behave and kept covered up... at least during daylight as far as I know.

I appreciated the irony of nudists entering an event that requires them to buy expensive clothing (nomex).

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Judge Jonny wrote:

You just wait for the 2010 season.

We (think) we got this part handled.

$1,500 in pennies!

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

ecugrad wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

$1,500 in pennies!

i like it!   easily 900 pounds. smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Judge Jonny wrote:

It's gonna be IOE $1500.
Winner by distance $0

sergio wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

It's gonna be IOE $1500.
Winner by distance $0

sounds kinda shitty to me.

i realize that Lemons is about IOE, and Heroic Fixes.  I think the other trophies rock also; i mean seriously, a Jock Strap on a piston for the Porsche Guys?  Priceless.

but to say the car that actually finishes ahead of the rest is a negligible entry is offensive to the other 100 cars in the race.  money may not be the prize, but recognition is due.

nobody finishes first without staying on the track and staying out of the penalty box.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

soldmystang wrote:
sergio wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

It's gonna be IOE $1500.
Winner by distance $0

i realize that Lemons is about IOE, and Heroic Fixes.  I think the other trophies rock also; i mean seriously, a Jock Strap on a piston for the Porsche Guys?  Priceless.

but to say the car that actually finishes ahead of the rest is a negligible entry is offensive to the other 100 cars in the race.  money may not be the prize, but recognition is due.

nobody finishes first without staying on the track and staying out of the penalty box.

Wow, you seem to be really against the raw, unfounded, non-sourced speculation. Whatever shall we do?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

The truth will set you free..........

Judge Jonny wrote:
soldmystang wrote:
sergio wrote:

It's gonna be IOE $1500.
Winner by distance $0

Wow, you seem to be really against the raw, unfounded, non-sourced speculation. Whatever shall we do?

aaaargghhh, Judge Jonny.  forgive me as i have obviously bought into the hyperbole that is the Lemons forum.  ban me please.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

TeamPaisley wrote:
the head wrote:

You are a very smart person!

what he said

Deathmobile

Spinnetti wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:
gregtivo wrote:

I think $1500 in nickels is good enough dissuasion from winning, maybe they just need to emphasize the "nickels" part more.

I was just echoing here some conversation I had with Jay via email, and he said you guys were working on something.. will be interesting to see how it pans out, like any social experiment. Looks like I might drop out of my Toyota team (or get kicked out?) but I'll prolly be back either in my Lexus or my buddy's Neon for yet another year. FWIW, I want to win, but not for prize money or glory, but just to show myself that I have what it takes in organization, technical competence, on-track judgement and driving ability. Junkers they may be, but its a contest nonetheless, if only with myself.

I <3 your self-driven philosophy. I wish there were a lot more drivers like you, in Lemons as well as professional racing. If you're not doing anything in februrary, I could use a guy >_>