Topic: How many cars on the track?

How and who determines how many cars can be on the track at the same time?

Re: How many cars on the track?

Oddly phrased question, but Jay and Nick Pon determine everything

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

There are 3 Main Factors I know of:

1. The Lemons staff (or staff for the particular event)
2. The Track staff
3. The Insurance Carrier/Provider/Underwriter (They probably have the final say.)

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

There are 3 Main Factors I know of:

1. The Lemons staff (or staff for the particular event)
2. The Track staff
3. The Insurance Carrier/Provider/Underwriter (They probably have the final say.)

Or, contrary to what Troy thinks, Nick and Jay.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

I think the formula looks something like this:

([number of applicants] / [size of track in miles] * 1,100) - ([money that Jay wants] + [money demanded by blood sucking lawyers and insurers] ) ^ ([desired level of hoonage] * [number of SCCA racers applied] - [desired number of full track yellows] / [amount of penalties Jonny and Phil can handle without going insane]) * [grams of crystal meth corner workers take daily]

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

SharkBait wrote:

([number of applicants] / [size of track in miles] * 1,100) - ([money that Jay wants] + [money demanded by blood sucking lawyers and insurers] ) ^ ([desired level of hoonage] * [number of SCCA racers applied] - [desired number of full track yellows] / [amount of penalties Jonny and Phil can handle without going insane]) * [grams of crystal meth corner workers take daily]

Don't forget the Paddock Space Douchebag Factor for the teams that bring an 18-wheeler and three RVs to watch their crappy-ass Prelude drive five laps and explode.

SharkBait wrote:

[amount of penalties Jonny and Phil can handle without going insane]) *

we're 104% certain that part isn't in the equation

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

Don't forget the Paddock Space Douchebag Factor for the teams that bring an 18-wheeler and three RVs to watch their crappy-ass Prelude drive five laps and explode.

So true. At 7.15am on Friday, one team who shall remain nameless coned off about 65ft of pit wall. When I asked if they were using it all, they said they had two RVs coming in addition to the one that was already there. I asked them how many cars they were running. Answer: one.

The Sharks

SharkBait wrote:
Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

So true. At 7.15am on Friday, one team who shall remain nameless coned off about 65ft of pit wall. When I asked if they were using it all, they said they had two RVs coming in addition to the one that was already there. I asked them how many cars they were running. Answer: one.

I still think that if your going to be a space douchebag then there should be ground rules.
1. Space should only be saved for additional race cars.
2. If you decide you can't breath with 15' of space then you shall put up a sign in the next space saying saved for  Douchebag team #... and why you think your entitled to the additional space.
3. When excuse #2 is not good enough there should be a Barbecue with food cooking on it for passerby's and a nice bribe for Nick and the crew. Cause they are the ones that have to deal with all of the people who come late and can't find a spot.
4. Don't be a Douchebag!
5. The team that takes up too much space will be asked to move to the worst space on the track, furthest away from all the fun preferably in the mud somewhere.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

"Oddly phrased question, but Jay and Nick Pon determine everything"

I thought that maybe the same "forces" that say ya cant race past sunset, or the ones that say ya gotta stop racin and pray for an hour on sunday, May have some input?

eugene

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:

5. The team that takes up too much space will be asked to move to the worst space on the track, furthest away from all the fun preferably in the mud somewhere.

Nick, this might be the right way to deal with paddock douchebaggery. Give them the option to consolidate into one spot or take up 4 paddock spaces out in a cow field a 1/4 mile from the track.

The Sharks

We bring a lot of crap to the track and try to keep it tight. 

Some tracks are better than others.

No Problem in New Orleans has some RV spaces you can rent.  If you get one, they are HUGE.  Like I think two Semi's side by side and then some huge with water and power.  Their paddock is a nice a square/rectangular.

MSR Houston on the other hand is a cluster.  There's only a couple hundred feet on pit wall if you're lucky.  They have a ton of garages so there are building everywhere.  Most of the stuff near the track is triangular/diagonal so that gets real fun.  Their track can probably accommodate more cars but the paddock was quite crowded. 

Paddock space is typically first come first served.  It does suck when a team shows up with an RV for each member and they only have 1 car.  My suggestion is to get to the track early.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

TeamPaisley wrote:

"Oddly phrased question, but Jay and Nick Pon determine everything"

I thought that maybe the same "forces" that say ya cant race past sunset, or the ones that say ya gotta stop racin and pray for an hour on sunday, May have some input?

eugene

The hour for jesus thing is a CMP track thing. But everything else is 90% Nick and Jay.

Yes TROY, there probably are small, infrequent exceptions. But not many.

14 (edited by st_rage 2009-11-25 06:08 PM)

I don't bregrudge Him the hour.  That's when the cars get crushed!

Perhaps we should crucify the curse winner at the next CMP race.  You know, hang the car by it's doors and trunk lid on a telephone pole cross.  Then maybe set it on fire.  It should go over well.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:
SharkBait wrote:

I'd bet they have killer booze and food in that rig though

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:

Yeah but they probably don't share it with us plebs... wink

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

Yeah but they probably don't share it with us plebs... wink

good point

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Toledo was a cluster too. you could have all the paddock space you wanted so long as your stuff came equipped with pontoons.

I don't want to admit how many vehicles were parked around our heap...

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

st_rage wrote:

I don't bregrudge Him the hour.  That's when the cars get crushed!

Perhaps we should crucify the curse winner at the next CMP race.  You know, hang the car by it's doors and trunk lid on a telephone pole cross.  Then maybe set it on fire.  It should go over well.

BWAHAHAHAHA love it!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)