Topic: WHO WANTS THE K ITS FOR NEW OWNER SPANK WORTHINGTON DEAL FREE!

So  The K has had a heart attack again , the V6 is dead !
But the selling point  is

The drastic Fuel issue is fixed !  No starvation!
    Quart spin on filter ,external fuel pump
Rear suspension replaced
New hub bearing in front old one fell off car when cv removed and rolled out of shop!   LOL
New Cv axle
New rotor and EbC Yellow pads and Motul 600 fluid.

Tires in great shape!

Terms of transfer , must be raced again and not robbed of parts and thrown away .
If no one wants it !

It will be CRUSHED !  Could be what very one wants  !

Find me at track or call Me 925-382-1058

Delivery possible!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Re: WHO WANTS THE K ITS FOR NEW OWNER SPANK WORTHINGTON DEAL FREE!

Hmm. I own a 944 and a Mitsu. I'm used to butt turrible ideas. Tell me, what exactly is involved in K-ing it forward? Do we need to pay for/replace everything that's used? Do all the basic maintenance before handing it off? Add MOAR GLITTER?

I...uh. This is a terrible idea, but hmm. Next Texas race is November, though. Would totally be up for a one- or two-car (depending on the brokeness of the 944) assault on sanity, but I'm guessing other people should take it before then.

(Also, I suck at that "storage" and "towing" part. Might need to have co-conspirators on this bad idea.)

ninjacoco wrote:

Hmm. I own a 944 and a Mitsu. I'm used to butt turrible ideas. Tell me, what exactly is involved in K-ing it forward? Do we need to pay for/replace everything that's used? Do all the basic maintenance before handing it off? Add MOAR GLITTER?

I...uh. This is a terrible idea, but hmm. Next Texas race is November, though. Would totally be up for a one- or two-car (depending on the brokeness of the 944) assault on sanity, but I'm guessing other people should take it before then.

(Also, I suck at that "storage" and "towing" part. Might need to have co-conspirators on this bad idea.)

Perhaps you could pick it up and take it out to Miller?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

As much as I'd love to be bitten again by this magnificently stupid car, I barely have enough friends left to drive our primary vehicle at Sebring. That and our team's collective broken vehicle count is enough to soak up everyone's give-a-shit for the rest of the year.

Oooh! It will be crushed! HOORAY!

On the other hand, let me know before you crush it. Phil isn't allowed to win.

...OR IS THAT EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS???

I will be happy if some team makes the K its main car, because if a single group of racers focuses on fixing all 150 things wrong with the K for a few months, it should become a not-so-terrible race car. If it keeps getting handed from team to team, it will always be a track-clogging, spirit-destroying headache. I much prefer crushing to the latter option.

One of  the new Arrive  and Drive  guys and his wife kind of like it . So I think they were going to tackle it .

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

fabtoys wrote:

One of  the new Arrive  and Drive  guys and his wife kind of like it . So I think they were going to tackle it .

His wife seems to really like it and she seems to really believe in his ability to make it a worthy car. She was already talking about cool themes. He was one of those arrive and drive guys that jumps right into his coveralls and proceeds to get elbows deep in broken K parts at the first sign of trouble. He is the type of person I would love to have on my team. Enthusiastic, nice, mechanically inclined and good natured about the whole K debacle. I hope they go for the K. And I'm looking forward to them being part of future Lemons races. Good people.
I hope we didn't ruin it by convincing them taking on the K was a good idea.....

10 (edited by Team Sensory Assault 2014-03-25 02:17 PM)

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news-700/Crushed-Ferrari-Is-Now-Amazing-Coffee-Table.jpg

I think it would make a fantastic coffee table.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Or better yet - maybe a K Car Monolith in Bob's front yard.  big_smile

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

That car needs to be loved.  I have enough oil stains on my driveway.  No thanks.

This space for rent.

I REFUSE TO ALLOW THE K CAR TO GET ANYTHING LESS THAN THE RACING/VIKING FUNERAL IT DESERVES. Please do not make me fly out to cali to shoot it to death and then light it on fire. I can only bring 36 pounds of ammo/guns on an airplane...

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Where does it currently reside?

Ricky Louder wrote:

Where does it currently reside?

Still at the Overzet compound.

NSF wrote:

That car needs to be loved.  I have enough oil stains on my driveway.  No thanks.

Don't worry - the K is magical! - it ain't leaking any more!

Before the race I was fretting over the oil stain it was leaving after it ran for a few minutes.

After the lengine got a bit too hot it sat for a day and a half and didn't leak a drop (and, yes, it is full of oil!)

17 (edited by pennintj 2014-03-27 06:38 AM)

fabtoys wrote:

So  The K has had a heart attack again , the V6 is dead !

Delivery possible!

If you can get it to New Orleans, we'll take up the cause.

We love lost causes smile

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom

Open offer still stands to give a greatly reduced entry to any team who wants to bring this on the Asphault Adventures S2S rally in July as well.   Let this crazy car continue to have adventures!

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

JThw8 wrote:

Open offer still stands to give a greatly reduced entry to any team who wants to bring this on the Asphault Adventures S2S rally in July as well.   Let this crazy car continue to have adventures!

I wonder if you couldn't crowdsource funds to do a "Save the K" effort.

Then again, it sounds like a "Crush the K" fund would probably get more donations....

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom

pennintj wrote:
JThw8 wrote:

Then again, it sounds like a "Crush the K" fund would probably get more donations....

-=Tom

One last adventure and find a way to destroy it spectacularly when we arrive in Vegas.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Drive to to Vegas...then go here:

http://www.digthisvegas.com/

Problem solved!

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

piper.gras wrote:

Drive to to Vegas...then go here:

http://www.digthisvegas.com/

Problem solved!

You misspelled "Machine Gun Vegas"

http://machinegunsvegas.com/

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom

Sounds like a charity fund-raiser in the making. If the "Save" funds win out, pocket the save money, donate the crush money, and give the car to the team/person that donated the most "Save" money. If the "Crush" funds win, donate all the funds to charity and pocket the scrap steel money.

Win, win, win.

If it can be gotten to Zero Budget Racing we promise to give it the love it deserves and a safe place to stay.....not to mention probably make it diesel..

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14

Seriously my teammates are suddenly very interested in this.  So any ideas how to make this happen?  We are in Ohio.  Contact me @ (513)6152166.  Call or text.

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14