101 (edited by BrandonAGr 2015-03-01 08:36 PM)

Re: North Dallas Hooptie - Who's in??

A video from ~10am, before there was 4+ inches of snow on the track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR7FwbV2_As

Another video trying to make it up the hill out of 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXlR8hK_dMU

Oh hell no.....

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

Should have kept an early race at MSR-H.

Team Apex Vinyl: 1977 Toyota Truck
Gator-O-Rama 2009 Dangerous Banned Technology
Yee-Haw 2011 Index Of Effluency
Gator-O-Rama 2012 I Got Screwed

Playing cards at the Days Inn.

75Civic wrote:

The Resistance is drinking bourbon in the lobby of the la Quinta.

Thanks for the bourbon, company, and stories guys.

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

Hello,

I am not yet a Lemons'r, but have been planning to attend this race for a few months now. And damnit, I shall. I'll be leaving from down town fort worth in the morning (saturday) and will pick up people and supplies as needed if I receive requests

Text 432.  _.  413.      ///8852 if I can pick you up or help you out tmSaturday morning

Jon

Simplicate and add lightness.

Jonoton wrote:

Hello,

I am not yet a Lemons'r, but have been planning to attend this race for a few months now. And damnit, I shall. I'll be leaving from down town fort worth in the morning (saturday) and will pick up people and supplies as needed if I receive requests

Text 432.  _.  413.      ///8852 if I can pick you up or help you out tmSaturday morning

Jon

Not sure if you saw the notification.  They moved the drivers meeting to 10am tomorrow.  So no need to get up at the crack of dawn.

2012 North Dallas Hooptie Judge's Choice Winners
If life gives you Lemons, install racing brakes!
https://www.facebook.com/JoBoRacing

108 (edited by Burdizzo 2015-03-01 08:48 PM)

They are going to let a couple of AWD cars try to make some laps. If they make it through they will let volunteers make laps to try and clear the track. What could go wrong?

Edited to include video from Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4z6UiDtJ6k

109 (edited by Spank 2015-02-28 10:03 AM)

I've got 10" studded rally tires for the mini. Coulda been fun especially since they are repaving anyway.

If there are only a few cars, maybe they could 5-lap time trial elimination. You do 5 laps without going off track. If successful, you que up again but at the front of the line for the second driver's attempt at 5 laps. If you go off track, that's your lap count and you que up at the back when/if you get towed it. Keep going until either the track is clear or until there's a time that nobody has clean laps.

if we're doing time trials in the snow, does my DD on nokians seem fair? I can still make it to the track before green flag sunday if i leave right now.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Well Soggy, it is bacon weather...

The Other Idiot of Effluencecy

if I am to bring bacon, I would have had to leave yesterday.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

This is fun to follow from New England.  With a our cars blanketed by waist deep snow, nightly temps hovering around -10 and another half of foot of snow expected tomorrow night its nice to see Texas wasn't spared and racing is going to continue.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

Racing has been called off for today.

Someone walking around slipped and fell and had to be transported to the hospital (it didn't sound any more serious than a broken bone).  This meant the ambulance had to leave the track, and the safety crew wouldn't be able to respond to further potential incidents.

brownMINI wrote:

Someone walking around slipped and fell and had to be transported to the hospital

At the track,the safest place to be is in a racecar....
#damnpedestrians.... big_smile

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Cowboy boots and ice don't mix?  Hope injuries were minor and that racing is safe tomorrow.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

NSF wrote:

Jay is more than reasonable.  If you are not able to make it to the track he will give you a credit to the next race.  Period. 

But, there will be folks that make it and want to race.  If it's safe, even in a shortened race, they ought to be able to run.

My $00.02

That sucks but this thing should have been called by Friday, we'll see how reasonable HQ will be.

I would also hope that ECR people are reasonable as well to Jay and the gang.

I'm all for a later date and hope we can get our entry towards another event this year

Safety everywhere is a bitch right now. The track might be the safest place, but there has been intermittent freezing precip and temps hovering around 30F. Walking is harder than driving right now.

We have about 20-30 loyalist toughing it out. No one in their right mind has stayed. This is Lemons.

Be safe guys, hope the person who fell is ok....Sounds like it is not fit for man nor beast nor Lemons racer...

#33 Ford Festiva - Team Emoticons

I'm responsible for team Car-B-Que and couldn't in good conscious ask my team to try and make this happen. 

We're simply not good at snow here in Texas and my main concern was getting safely to and from the track.  We love racing and love participating at Lemons but this one was a bridge too far for us.  Being that we are in Central Texas and a 5 hour haul in the snow as we would have had to leave on Friday morning made me call it.  I hate to lose the fees but I wasn't confident we could make it there and back without incident. 

Those of you that made it, my hat is off to you!

Driver meeting in about 1.5 hours. Temps hovered around freezing all night. What could go wrong?

Canceled, paddock still had half an inch ice sheet covering it this morning.

Still don't care.

Yes I drove 12 hours from Atlanta, the last hour and a half of it was in snow...in Texas...in a 29 foot RV

No I didn't get to race. But neither did anyone else. But like all Lemons weekends, I caught up with some great friends and made some new ones. Yes it was a bummer to have a guy break his arm. But God for bid any trouble accidents home, it seems like injuries were kept to a minimum. And given the circumstances fun was still get to a maximum.

Now I just have to drive all the way home

The Other Idiot of Effluencecy

The next race has been rescheduled during locusts season.

http://blog.thormotorcoach.com/media//Motorhome-Windshield-Bug-Splatter.jpg

This space for rent.

Yeah, we had fun and didn't break our racecar, so no real regrets here as long as we can get a refund or a free entry. Good to see a lot of you folks again and meet some more for the first time.