1 (edited by Fe Man 2011-09-19 09:03 AM)

Topic: Question regarding RockAuto parts

Does anyone have any experience with DNJ Engine Components?

Looks like I'm going to have to rebuild the 4AGE in the MR1 as junkyard motors are eluding me. RockAuto offers a DNJ master rebuild kit for $382.00; cheap enough but a the brand/company is a complete unknown to me.

Thanks

Re: Question regarding RockAuto parts

I have faith in rock auto but I was hearing of a person having issues with the off brand stuff.  Not really a rock auto issue as much as what the brand gave them as a description was completely off from what it was.  Rock Auto took the part back without giving the guy a problem but when it comes to the brands you have to do the research yourself, they are just a store.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I've dealt with them too.  Parts came in the next day and I only paid for 3 day shipping.  Pleased.  I guess they have local depots scattered around the US or they drop shipped the stuff, either way I was pleased w/ them.

This space for rent.

I've used the DNJ stuff. It's cheap Chinese parts, but the quality has been fine. This will be race number four on the same motor in our Civic.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

We've used DNJ stuff too.  Last motor that blew up had some in it.  Current engine has some in it too.  Duff has a running streak of 4 races with a motor.  We have a streak of .5 races with a motor.  Actually, our average is less than .5 races per engine.  I suspect it has NOTHING to do with the parts...

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

I just ordered a rebuilt DNJ water pump from RockAuto.com for a Subaru build. 

It was for a different Subaru motor and didn't fit my application.  I called Rock Auto with a dispute and told them my part numbers.  They insisted my part numbers were correct, based on the numbers I provided them, and basically told me to pound sand.  It wasn't until I sent side-by-side pictures of the two water pumps and a signed letter from my sister's legal firm threatening action that I got a RMA from RockAuto.

So, buyer beware.

The Pentastar whisperer

7 (edited by bossnova 2011-09-19 04:02 PM)

I have been using DNJ for about twenty years in my parts store and now I sell there parts in my machine shop . We have 2 races on our 4age mr2 with rock parts (not rock auto different place) .Its Taiwanese not China. Yes there is a difference. Really had no problems with Quality.

DNJ is an importer Rock Auto is a distributor of parts Rock buys from DNJ  Confusingly DNJ used to call themselves  ROCK Products. Kinda like going to Orielly's and buying FEL-PRO

Duck Die nasty Button turibble 13  60 somthinish  Snowballs Chance in Hell 85 MR2
The Skankaway Anti-Toe-Fungal 500  16th  WOOHOO
Arsesweat apaoooza 2011  90th Arsesweat 2012 36th
Sears pointless 2011 47th 2012 118th

Bayley wrote:

I just ordered a rebuilt DNJ water pump from RockAuto.com for a Subaru build. 

It was for a different Subaru motor and didn't fit my application.  I called Rock Auto with a dispute and told them my part numbers.  They insisted my part numbers were correct, based on the numbers I provided them, and basically told me to pound sand.  It wasn't until I sent side-by-side pictures of the two water pumps and a signed letter from my sister's legal firm threatening action that I got a RMA from RockAuto.

So, buyer beware.

Really? Rockauto has always been good to me. ON two occasions they shorted me a part (one time, the box for the part made it but the actual item wasn't inside) and they never hesitated to get something out to me that day.

Of course, most of the items I've bought from them that I've had to RMA were fairly small.

-g

Myopic Motorsport's #888 Ceci n'est pas une Citron Thunderbird ("This is not a lemon" but a 1995 tbird w/ 93 V8 swap + shopping cart rear wing + engine mounted frito maker)
2017 Sears Pointless Organizer’s Choice
Frito Making Tbird from 2018 Sears Pointless Engine Heat BBQ - http://goo.gl/csaet4

bossnova wrote:

I have been using DNJ for about twenty years in my parts store and now I sell there parts in my machine shop . We have 2 races on our 4age mr2 with rock parts (not rock auto different place) .Its Taiwanese not China. Yes there is a difference. Really had no problems with Quality.

DNJ is an importer Rock Auto is a distributor of parts Rock buys from DNJ  Confusingly DNJ used to call themselves  ROCK Products. Kinda like going to Orielly's and buying FEL-PRO

Good info,
Thanks!

I bought a set of DNJ rings last week and they look exactly like NPR rings, including the packaging. NPR is a Japanese company with manufacturing facilities all over the world, including here in the US. I'm guessing that DNJ sources their products from other companies like NPR who do most of their manufacturing in Asia, hence my cheap Chinese parts reference.

The only thing that I'm a purist about is oil pumps, and after getting a bad reman one I only buy new ones from Honda. The extra $40 is my price for peace of mind.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

rmcdaniels wrote:

The only thing that I'm a purist about is oil pumps, and after getting a bad reman one I only buy new ones from Honda. The extra $40 is my price for peace of mind.

I inspect clean and reuse my pumps unless they have wear. I have added a washer in pressure release to bump it up(pressure) but oe toyota cleaned and checked works for me.

Duck Die nasty Button turibble 13  60 somthinish  Snowballs Chance in Hell 85 MR2
The Skankaway Anti-Toe-Fungal 500  16th  WOOHOO
Arsesweat apaoooza 2011  90th Arsesweat 2012 36th
Sears pointless 2011 47th 2012 118th

RockAuto has yet to fail me. Just ordered a pair of calipers and set of heavy duty pads for less than Napa wanted for a single caliper (or for the pads, for that matter).

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

I`ve used Rockauto many times to buy parts. It`s a good site in my opinion, and far better prices than AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts.

Wow, holy thread Lazarus Batman.

Holy crap.  This was way back before we figured out our problems were not the engine components.  It was user error.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

bretmichael wrote:

I`ve used Rockauto many times to buy parts. It`s a good site in my opinion, and far better prices than AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts.

Something fishy with that one there, there is.

TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:
bretmichael wrote:

Send us $29.99 per month and we will improve your companies web presence, drive traffic to your site and make you $$$$$ by unlocking the power of social media perhaps?

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

18 (edited by JimiLovesCars 2015-07-31 09:39 AM)

I actually use DNJ parts and I have never had an issue. Their quality is very good. Plus they are way cheaper in comparison to brands. At first I was mixed about using their parts. I even went to check their website. I was totally skeptical. After that, I don't regret purchasing from them.

They are way cheaper in comparison to brands? say what?

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

I think we may have some multi-layered spam up in here.

Spam attracts spam?

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:
bretmichael wrote:

I suspect that Bret's royalty checks from Snapple are tapering off so he's looking for new streams of revenue. Pumping up rockauto must be one of them.
-g

Myopic Motorsport's #888 Ceci n'est pas une Citron Thunderbird ("This is not a lemon" but a 1995 tbird w/ 93 V8 swap + shopping cart rear wing + engine mounted frito maker)
2017 Sears Pointless Organizer’s Choice
Frito Making Tbird from 2018 Sears Pointless Engine Heat BBQ - http://goo.gl/csaet4

I wasn't spamming...

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

gunn wrote:
TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:
bretmichael wrote:

I suspect that Bret's royalty checks from Snapple are tapering off so he's looking for new streams of revenue. Pumping up rockauto must be one of them.
-g

So far that is the only overt spammer here. He has been retired from the forum.

25 (edited by bcjammerx 2017-03-15 07:03 PM)

Sorry to revive this thread but I'm scowering the web posting to anyone asking about DNJ, I can't post a link as I'm only here since I found dnj in a google search on this forum, there is a post on nasioc by user jared427 to which I replied (user name NetG) that has pics.  In that post is another person who had the exact same problem I did, sadly I didn't find that post until after my belt snapped.  My belt looks just like the persons I found on nasioc.

Also rockauto is just a parts search engine, they don't manufacture anything...they do have warehouses where they store the parts on their site but for warranty info you have to go through the original manufacturer NOT rockauto even if you do ship it back to rockauto

IF YOU USED DNJ PARTS STOP DRIVING IMMEDIATELY until you replace them!  THEY WILL FAIL

Despite the american flags on their site the prevailing opinion is that they sell chinese made parts...DON'T USE THEM or you might have a blown engine...which I'm still figuring out if I do or not.