Topic: THE PEOPLE'S CURSE RAN!!!!!

Hella cheatin' spec Miata cowards in the black #2 car, and three time People's Curse winner, just peeled out of the paddock in their crooked toy hauler at 40mph+!!!

Crazy, half drunk, Cajun ass details to follow.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Re: THE PEOPLE'S CURSE RAN!!!!!

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/06/SatTop04x.jpg

Shame! SHAME! Remember this car!

haha holy shit

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

So if we see it do we have to contact Lemons personal or can we just start wrecking it ourselves

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

What, you didn't equip their car with a remote kill switch????

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports
1988 Mitsubishi/Dodge/Fiat Colt Carpocalypse Edition

EPIC!  I hope someone has a video of that!

release the hounds!

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

I don't blame 'em. Need some kinda rule to keep repeated crushings from happening otherwise it seems like a vastly unfair burden on a single team.

DvBoard wrote:

I don't blame 'em. Need some kinda rule to keep repeated crushings from happening otherwise it seems like a vastly unfair burden on a single team.

3X?  Methinks someone is earning their votes.  Over, and over, and over.... and really really over if they ever show again. 

It sounds like a totally different scenario from the consensus in the pits at Reno.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

If you post the names, photographs and addresses of all the drivers involved, I think we can resolve the problem faster than you think.

Team Formula BMW
#23 Pink Pig

11 (edited by kalpol 2009-06-07 12:11 PM)

DvBoard wrote:

It's not like they didn't have a choice to stop bringing Spec Miatas from their seemingly inexhaustible supply of supercheat cars.

I propose a new stencil in the "noch ein" mode be made up for Miatas - something along the lines of "WANTED - FUGITIVE No. 2" with a crude pic of said No. 2.

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

isn't it easy?

I mean, just don't let these guys race again. If you do, then no reason everybody shouldn't flee the curse.

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

I'm pretty sure running away from the curse is an end to your Lemons career.  I mean even if they let you in a race, the moment it gets around the pit that you were the ones that ran you will get the curses vote automatically from most of the competitors.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Time for a new Lemons rule.  if these guys show up again, they get the curse, THEN they get to try and start the race.

Spud

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

15 (edited by pk386 2009-06-07 06:53 PM)

I didn't see the car pre-race. But when I saw that car going through the 180 near the grand stands he kept all four tires on the ground and the Barbie Miata was lifting the passenger front tire.

I later saw the 'Spec Miata' Trailer and my friends and I put 2 and 2 together.

If this team dares to show up to another race I'll be interested to see what the judges do to them for punishment.
--Someone over at jalopnik.com suggested they have to tow another Miata for the entire race.

I was so expecting to see the silver 96+ civic with 'antler rims' to get peoples curse. (LOL he did get the 'Studs and spurs' punishment)

[This was my first Lemons Race to watch but I had a blast! Thanks to all of the teams who were nice and willing to chat about their cars and team and help out a newb looking to get some more info about racing in Lemons]

"I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work" - Thomas Edison

New rule: NO MIATAS!!!!!

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

"Them Lemons is yella!"

Team Unintended Acceleration
Gator-O-Rama: 2009
Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas: 2008, 2009, 2010

While I earned my own special penalty this weekend, the whole Curse thing seems kinda shady.

According to quotes I have heard from the Cheif Perp, Jay Lamm himself, the Curse is for the worst drivers (biggest assholes on the track).  The Miata "may' have been cheating but I don't know nor do I even care.  They are good driver's and drove a good race.

The Pink Miata driver's managed to hang their car on a tire wall.  Good drivers can make a crappy car look pretty good.

This race was a pretty clean race.  The only team who may have earned the curse was Cajun Gihad.  I don't know if they had any driving infractions but their very loud theme music, while entertaining at first, became very annoying!!!

They are the only team I even heard of any one voting for so the Curse seems quite questionable this race.

The Phillips crew has probably been the best sports in Lemons history and has recieved a bum wrap. 

I feel like they were shafted and it put a damper on an otherwise awesome Lemons experience.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

19 (edited by Fish 2009-06-07 10:36 PM)

Dont show up with a spec Miata and you dont have to worry about it. IMO showing up and racing a Miata kinda takes the fun out of it anyways. I think its more fun to win or do good in a car that normally does not do good. It will make victory that much sweeter than oh another Miata won. Then once you win with a car why not get a different kind and try to do it again! Thats more fun IMO.

20 (edited by davebs14 2009-06-08 12:30 AM)

Well they tried to run away the FIRST time they were voted (oct 2008 houston) and were caught.

They were blackballed from then out.

The Feb houston race the car that was voted of theirs had a $1200 4.3 torsen swap and spray painted bilsteins on the car......so that's about $1500 of parts on a $500 car........

Ya they're not cheaters at all LOL   

So can we take it straight from tech and crush it this time? Find the entry list and the names... smile    (JOHN PHILLIPS AND KENT KARTER)

But seriously.....these jackasses are the reason Lemons is becoming less and less fun in houston. They were running people off the road all weekend in a car that's a blatant cheater car....crush on site.

Or if they leave a spec miata at the track use that instead LOL  j/k  that's mean......but still

MurileeMartin wrote:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/j … Top04x.jpg

Shame! SHAME! Remember this car!

David Hedderick
Houston, TX
1986 325ese Shitbox Lemons car (sold...blowed up)
1990 miata drift car...like the BMW only slower and with a twisted chassis :\

if by good sports you mean blatant cheaters with spec miata parts on them then ya.....

like i said.....trying to run the first time got the blackball.  stupid stupid move

Troy wrote:

While I earned my own special penalty this weekend, the whole Curse thing seems kinda shady.

According to quotes I have heard from the Cheif Perp, Jay Lamm himself, the Curse is for the worst drivers (biggest assholes on the track).  The Miata "may' have been cheating but I don't know nor do I even care.  They are good driver's and drove a good race.

The Pink Miata driver's managed to hang their car on a tire wall.  Good drivers can make a crappy car look pretty good.

This race was a pretty clean race.  The only team who may have earned the curse was Cajun Gihad.  I don't know if they had any driving infractions but their very loud theme music, while entertaining at first, became very annoying!!!

They are the only team I even heard of any one voting for so the Curse seems quite questionable this race.

The Phillips crew has probably been the best sports in Lemons history and has recieved a bum wrap. 

I feel like they were shafted and it put a damper on an otherwise awesome Lemons experience.

David Hedderick
Houston, TX
1986 325ese Shitbox Lemons car (sold...blowed up)
1990 miata drift car...like the BMW only slower and with a twisted chassis :\

This is a historical event in 24 Hours of Lemons. We may very well look back on this day and remember when we first heard of the infamous Sour Lemons list (a list of banned drivers).

Stuntman Mike
I Wanna Roc

It sounds like there are plenty of teams who can't get into the race who would be ready, willing, and able to follow the rules and play well with others. IIRC, these guys ran 2 Cheatin' Miatas (tm) at Houston in February just so when one of them got crushed, the second one could pick up the flag.

If these guys were "blackballed" after the October 08 Houston race, then why were they allowed back in for Houston in the spring and at New Orleans when there is a backlog of teams trying to get in?

Sounds to me like they've earned a perma-ban. And Jay should post-facto enforce the claimer rule on their car. I know a lawyer who would be glad to handle the legal end of the breach of contract claim on a pro bono basis. He offices with me. And sits at my desk. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Troy wrote:

May have been cheating? Let's dispel this myth right here and now -- CHEATERS!

Dunno if anyone saw it, but Jay went over this car with a comb. The body didn't match the engine. I forget the exact years, but it was a '91 body with a '94 frame (that's the better frame with the all import, uber-stiff front and rear bracing brace) and a 1.8-liter engine. That means they had two Miatas at one point. One Miata for $500 is a dicey prop in and of itself, but two? Bullshit.

In fact, Jay dinged 'em 25 laps. That means they were cheating. Also, nearly making up those 25 laps in a day is proof positive that they were hella cheating.

Don't tell me that they were that much better drivers than everyone else on the track. There's just no way.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

The car wasn't so cheaty as to be totally radioactive, in my opinion, but it was clearly built using a vast stash of Miata parts that were "just lying around the shop." I think they made several mistakes:

1. They didn't decorate the car worth a damn.
2. They didn't change their MO one bit after two Houston Curses, even knowing that 70% of their fellow racers would be Houston Lemons veterans. Even granted that they believe they must run a Mazda, why not bring a Protege, 626, or even a 929? The way they can drive, they'd still be top contenders in a non-Miata.
3. They remained totally isolated and anonymous at an event packed with aggressively friendly Louisianans and Texans. While others were cooking up food for everybody, trading tools and skills, dancing in the skeeter-saturated night air, etc., this bunch stayed invisible.