Re: MUSTER READ! The real TRUTH about that CHEATING ASS MAXIMA!!!!

icemang17 wrote:
ifb_mole wrote:

Was that the very first stint or the second one, do you know? Who was driving the 928, Mark K?

As a note about the paint job, the kid that sold us the car painted it free hand from a dozen or so spray cans, he is quite talented.

It was the 1st stint on Saturday...maybe 30 minutes into the race....Richard "Mark" Anderson was driving.....Richard "Mark" Kibort went out in the 2nd stint....

well Mr. Anderson made a sweet pass on the Maxima, do u have any video when Mark K was chasing the #44 in the second stint? We had a good battle going and I think he  made a good pass on me too, do you have any video of Mark K in his first stint on day 1??

cpchampion wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Bring a rear-wheel-drive Maxima, or- better still- a Datsun 810!

I sometimes think that would be a great car to build and start perusing craigslist, but then I remember that there's a good chance of the Curse of the Z migrating over just because of the straight-six.

It's not just the straight six that's the same- it's pretty much the same suspension, too! But so what? Datsun is DRIVEN! AWESOME!

It's like with the Sharks at Reno, if we would have given them 100 laps, they would have been angry and sulky and just kinda cruised around the track all weekend. Zero laps and they would have raced as if they could have somehow won.

But, 5 laps, man, they would have TRIPLE TIMED IT, cause you just gotta make up those all important laps!!! And then, like we said, they raced so hard they made a stupid move and took themselves out of the race.

(and Clay, before you start complaining, hitting the gas pedal when you see a wreck in front of you is less safe than hitting the brake -- sorry)

LOL.  No complaining.
     Yeah, that's what I did, hit the gas pedal when I saw a wreck in front of me.  I wanted to hurry up and be first on the scene.  That's the EMT deep inside of me trying to get out. There wasn't a wreck in front of me. The car on my front right was sliding to the outside of the left turn and I was already making my tight inside pass move when it started to slide.
    If you look at the "V8olvo meeting the Wedganator" crash video at TH '09, that's near exactly what happened to me, minus the car actually spinning out in the turn and that I was already in the turn when the CRX started to spin.  Dilligaf CRX was more sliding to the outside while we were both in the middle of the turn.  If I applied the brakes then I risked sliding toward both the Dilligaf CRX and the Blanco Basura Prelude on my rear right that I had just passed on the inside.
   So, it was a instant judgment I made to get away from a spinning car that backfired on me and most importantly my team.  I learned from it and have had no contact in the last 2 races.
    Anyway, Jonny's point is very valid, although I go out on the track to better my teams position no matter where we are in the positioning.  Now, caution becomes much more important the higher in the standings we are.
   I have learned a great deal in the last year and half on the Lemons' tracks and am much better and very grateful for it. 
    Thank you Jay for your tough Luv!!!
   HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

the one thing I learned during my 1st and only stint racing in Lemons (1st ever real racing) is this:

"when in doubt DON'T" 

its an endurance race...whatever position you might gain for a risky move isn't worth the penalty or damage to the car....never-ever worth it....

With that said, I did take a couple passes I should have not taken...but it ended up okay....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

How many vehicles are registered?
What time do we meet on Tuesday?
Is there a hotel to meet Monday night?

disinfo wrote:

One awkward, or shall I say charming, feature of the forum software is that it quite often randomly dumps one into a random thread immediately upon login as opposed to returning to the desired thread. I've found it is necessary to click backwards through my browser's history and then reload the page in order to get to where I actually want to be posting a comment and simultaneously be recognized as logged into my account.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

4:20

No, just meet behind the dumpster at the taco bell closest to the start. If you get there quick enough there still may be "free burritos"...

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

The other benefit of the random placement in the form is that all the thread subscribers are reminded of great (or absolutely horrible) memories from a dozen years ago. For that, thank you!

dtfastbear wrote:

The other benefit of the random placement in the form is that all the thread subscribers are reminded of great (or absolutely horrible) memories from a dozen years ago. For that, thank you!

Like the even-handed judgements of Judge Jonny (thread author)

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Hey, Dean.  Long time.

This sounds a lot like the guy with the 350Z a couple of weeks back.  Wonder if they are related?  Same pissy attitude, same poor grammar and spelling, same refusal to listen to anyone else...