Topic: Gingerman Logistics, Drivers, Etc....

Please Quote, cut and Paste new info/names and i'll try to keep this up to date.

So far, it looks like Justin Howe, Brett, and Mike (OnkleUdo) are getting the car from TX to Chicago.  One of the Chicago teammates can move it further East towards me.

I'll get the car, prep it, and bring it to Gingerman.  My name is Matt, by the way.

There are 2 volunteers that said they could ferry it toward CMP.  I forget their names.

as far as Drivers go, so far: 

Matt
John dePlanque (partner in crime)
Mike (OnkleUdo)

There's room for maybe 6-8 more.  Judges will also get some time in.

I have no idea what the costs will be yet.

I'm also not 100% sure of the final destination on the way South yet.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

2 (edited by OnkelUdo 2015-12-22 01:45 PM)

Re: Gingerman Logistics, Drivers, Etc....

I was kind of hoping you would look at this like "buy a stint".  It kind of makes it more fun and some of the logistics become easier while others less so.

I can volunteer a couple of folks as "cat herders" to make sure the folks that buy just a stint, show up for their stint and the approved time.  I can be one of them because I will probably run one stint in the Dustbuster and one in the Nash.  I was not planning to drive at this Gingerman and was just going to be crew chief but for the Nash...I will change that decision.

I'm Mike's teammate.  Definitely interested in a stint in the Nash.

I'm in the Chicago area but I'm driving the Nash in Arizona. Go figure. I'll help out in any way I can. Since I'll have already driven it I won't be looking for a stint but I'll help out at the track.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

cabinboy wrote:

I'm in the Chicago area but I'm driving the Nash in Arizona. Go figure. I'll help out in any way I can. Since I'll have already driven it I won't be looking for a stint but I'll help out at the track.

I unofficially dub you Cat Herder #2 and unofficial crew chief.  I have no authority for either assignment but I can pay you in beer.

Let me know if you need a place to bunk down at Gingerman.  We will have at least one RV and the enclosed trailer.

OnkelUdo wrote:
cabinboy wrote:

I unofficially dub you Cat Herder #2 and unofficial crew chief.  I have no authority for either assignment but I can pay you in beer.

Let me know if you need a place to bunk down at Gingerman.  We will have at least one RV and the enclosed trailer.

Yeah I'll probably need somewhere to crash. The bed of my truck isn't too comfy in April.

I volunteer myself and my teammates to wrench on this thing at the track if we can work out a double pit arrangement. 

I'd buy a stint and I imagine some other guys on the team would too.

-Nathan - Team Captain, Priority Fail Racing
1997 Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine

the shaolin wrote:

I volunteer myself and my teammates to wrench on this thing at the track if we can work out a double pit arrangement. 

I'd buy a stint and I imagine some other guys on the team would too.

I payed $10 a lap and ran 5 laps in the old dodge pick up at Miller, worth every cent!

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Just checking Google maps and the easiest for me to get it from Saint Louis to Sir Thomas (still assuming someone can get it to Saint Louis from Dallas) is one of two plans:

Hammond, IN to STL, to Pittsburgh and hand it off in that area (ideal situation)
Hammond to STL to Hammond...pause until following weekend...at this point still only going as far a Cleveland or Pittsburgh'ish area saves me a lot of time but if I can pick up a co-driver who can drive my rig I might be able to get it all the way to Gilbertsville and make it home in time to go to work on Monday.

This is all assuming I do not drive the car from Hammond and fly back.  In short...calling all folks between Chicago or STL and DC for a hand-off in the relay.

I can store in STL in my enclosed trailer for as long as needed.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Why is it going to Pitt?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

Why is it going to Pitt?

It needs to get to our near DC host and starter of this thread.  A) STL > Gilbertsvile, PA or B) STL to Hammond, IN then Hammond to Gilbertsville.

A) a perfect turnaround point for me to do this in weekend is Pitt and I know the general area has a ton of Lemons teams

B) I can make it Cleveland if you can do the last leg of the relay to Gilbertsville...heck I can do that with A) as well.

My big thing is timing.  If the perp bringing it up to Brett from Dallas is doing it immediately after the race such that I can pick it up on April 12...I can make anything work.  If it is the following weekend it starts to get tighter.

No matter the weekend, I can get it as far north and east as as Pitt or Cleveland without missing Monday reporting cycle at work.

I hope that clears it up.

If all else fails I can start trying to a few of the other usual suspects to just use my rig (or their own) to get it all the way to Sir Thomas.

I thought someone from NY was taking it down to CMP?

Or I was straight from Gingerman if I snagged a ride from Burnt Rubber Soul out to gingerman?

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

14 (edited by OnkelUdo 2015-12-23 02:15 PM)

Guildenstern wrote:

I thought someone from NY was taking it down to CMP?

Or I was straight from Gingerman if I snagged a ride from Burnt Rubber Soul out to gingerman?

Right from the starter post in this thread "So far, it looks like Justin Howe, Brett, and Mike (OnkleUdo) are getting the car from TX to Chicago.  One of the Chicago teammates can move it further East towards me."

Matt/Sir Thomas is in Gilbertsville.  It is his post and his thread.  This is all prior to Gingerman.  He is car owner for Gingerman in April.  The car has to go from Dallas, after the race, to him...in Gilbertsville, PA.

Oh PRIOR to Gingerman, Brain fart.

Between this post, the main post and the Facebook group this gets confusing fast. Especially holiday day drinking.

Let me know how I can help. I'm in cleveland so it's on the way both ways.

16 (edited by OnkelUdo 2015-12-23 02:49 PM)

Guildenstern wrote:

Oh PRIOR to Gingerman, Brain fart.

Between this post, the main post and the Facebook group this gets confusing fast. Especially holiday day drinking.

Let me know how I can help. I'm in cleveland so it's on the way both ways.

As I implied, Cleveland works for a single weekend turn and burn of  Hammond > STL > Cleveland > Hammond.  So to be clear, you can get it to Gillbertsville if I can get it to you, correct?

Anyone see any reason I could not use the braked tow dolly for this duty by just pulling the driveshaft?  Is it too low to the ground/to much rear overhang?  I would not need to unload our spares and paddock sectional fro the enclosed trailer and I could probably pull a lot more miles before fatigue sets in using the dolly.

Now it is a question of when it will be ready for pickup in STL.

17 (edited by Guildenstern 2015-12-23 03:23 PM)

Ok looking at it on the map. I don't have any favors I could pull to get home from a drop off as far out as Gilbertsville.

Save gas Stay south. No point coming up.

Now, If I could catch a lift on the way from Gilbertsville to Gingerman Sir Thomas Crapper?

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh354/mzaite/Houston%20to%20Gilbertsville_zpsuvl5r2in.jpg

Sorry to confuse this post, I got way confused.

OK, Back to logistics of Saint Louis to far Eastern PA.

Best case scenario is someone on the route from STL to Gilbertsville...say around Pittsburgh...that can do the last Eastern leg.  Whenever it gets to STL I can have it in Pittsburgh the following Friday.

If all else fails I can get it the whole way there but I will have to either grab a co-driver for the tow rig or drive the car, fly back...

my trailer is currently out of commission and I'm not centrally located, but I can probably rent a uhaul trailer/dolly if no one else can get it to ya matt.

you're bringing the nash to spring gingerman and the pinto to fall gingerman? masochist...

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Sorry I've been out of touch.

If onkelUdo can get it to Pittsburgh, we can get it the rest of the way. May need to leave it there and I'll pick it up.

There are a few folk who I'll reach out to   

I should be able to pick up Mike Z. In Cleveland some time Thursday before the race.

Mike Z. Is ferrying it south after the race?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

I need a list of drivers

Matt (me)
John D
Mike K
Mike Z(?)

Please quote and insert your name. Ideally, experienced class c drivers are my target client.

I also need to know if you're already paying drivers fee on another team. I need 2 more minimum to sign with us.

As far as fees, we would split the 600 team fee based on number of drivers/stints. I'll try to figure out gas and consumables, which would also be split.

4 drivers also need to pay the 150 driver fee.

Also, if anyone has any small block Chevys/ turbo 350s laying around...

Has anyone contacted Justin about when he'll transport to St. Louis?

Yes I'll be taking the Nash out of Gingerman either to a meet up with Mental or down to CMP.

I can race too, but If others want to, I'll take a bump because I really should be putting money in to finishing my car not galavanting off on Arrive and Drives. I've already worked on the car last fall so I know what it will be like going out to Miller anyways, No telling what will happen between then and when it leaves Texas, but I can crew for sure.

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

I need a list of drivers

Matt (me)
John D
Mike K
Mike Z(?)
Randy Johnson

Please quote and insert your name. Ideally, experienced class c drivers are my target client.

I also need to know if you're already paying drivers fee on another team. I need 2 more minimum to sign with us.

As far as fees, we would split the 600 team fee based on number of drivers/stints. I'll try to figure out gas and consumables, which would also be split.

4 drivers also need to pay the 150 driver fee.

Also, if anyone has any small block Chevys/ turbo 350s laying around...

I added my one team mate as a placeholder...may have two more.  Are we wanting this as I mention earlier as "buy a stint"?

If the local PnP has a New Years sale I can get you said engine or transmission.  I assume you want pre-vortec motor?

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Sorry I've been out of touch.

If onkelUdo can get it to Pittsburgh, we can get it the rest of the way. May need to leave it there and I'll pick it up.

There are a few folk who I'll reach out to   

I should be able to pick up Mike Z. In Cleveland some time Thursday before the race.

Mike Z. Is ferrying it south after the race?

I can store it at my shop if need be

It Ain't My Fault