Re: Nash it Forward - 2016 schedule

Mike Taylor saved the K-car from burning in a Wyoming ditch. RichVS and I were ready and eager to do it. So blame him/give him the credit for saving that horrible car.

I'm just sayin' I'd rather see it make ALL of the events, even if it means chipping in some dough so the "impossible/improbable to drive it there in time" can become, "The trucker just dropped it off outside the gate; now it's time to get to work"

Spank wrote:

I'm just sayin' I'd rather see it make ALL of the events, even if it means chipping in some dough so the "impossible/improbable to drive it there in time" can become, "The trucker just dropped it off outside the gate; now it's time to get to work"

Let's meet in CT and drive it to the Ridge, ROAD TRIP!!!

Where's CT?

Silversleeves Racing
Austin Mini #42 | John Lemmons Wolseley Hornet
Austin 1800 #49  V6 Landcrab - Organizer's Choice PNW2013 | Class C Winner 2015
Barbie's Corvette #44 - Organizer's Choice PNW2014

NSF wrote:

Richard is going.   

What saith the boys from Gingerman do they like Mexico?  I wouldn't want to deprive them of 80 degree weather and 3 days of racing for free...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNN7491ZgVM

As much as this is a bucket list item for me, I can't do it this year. 

If someone else would want to, I could still bring the Pinto to Gingerman

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

80 (edited by mharrell 2015-12-29 11:54 AM)

swindrum wrote:

Let's meet in CT and drive it to the Ridge, ROAD TRIP!!!

Where's CT?

Somewhere east of Idaho, as I understand it. The states start to get smaller back there, so it can't be all that far.

Edit: Come to think of it, it would only add about 1000 miles to the trip to drive it from CT to Seaside, CA, for the Concours d'Lemons before driving it to The Ridge. That is interesting.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Holy crap, I would love to do The Ridge.

Also, since it seems as though all the races near me are spoken for, I will gladly volunteer to redecorate the Nash for anyone who wants my impeccable decorating skillz. I mean, I went to the same college as the Fixer Upper couple. I made a Type 3 into a bunny. I know polishing turds. And I think this Nash kinda looks like a bunny.

ninjacoco wrote:

And I think this Nash kinda looks like a bunny.

Theme:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcSwDjRu1ug

Just wondering if all the teams use the 327 powertrain? The reason I ask is because I have grease monkey friends who have some good blocks laying around (decade correct). If they can use any SB Chevy, period correct, I might be able to donate a good block to the team when I come to Barber.

Let me know.

ninjacoco wrote:

............And I think this Nash kinda looks like a bunny.

Here's your theme.....
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/BigBird57/trojan-rabbit_zpsovkhiygq.jpg

You're welcome....
Mike

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Or maybe this "Bunny"

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e5/80/b3/e580b3ef0db0f2a79a798a106d5534fc.jpg

SpaceFrank wrote:

Fuck it.

EVR Bob convinced me. There's something terribly wrong with Lemons racers named Bob. We want to take it for the MSR race in November. After only 2 laps with the K-car there's nowhere to go but up, right?

Oh, Jibberst Farging Krabst.  This means there is a good chance this abomination will be drizzling its humors in Tetanus's paddock space, as well.

I spent nearly 24 hours walking into the K at the 2013 MSR race, wondering if the stupid thing would EVER get on track.  What wasn't wrong with the K at that race?

-jt
Unionized Physicist
Tetanus Racing
1986 Porsche 944, #986

Well, the engine ran until it didn't. The transmission seemed to be fine after we discovered that Luk clutch kits are basically a crap shoot.

Okay, Sasha has committed to getting the Nash to AZ! Not sure of co-driver yet, but I put my bid in.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Any word yet on Chihuahua or Gingerman Spring ?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

ninjacoco wrote:

Holy crap, I would love to do The Ridge.

Also, since it seems as though all the races near me are spoken for, I will gladly volunteer to redecorate the Nash for anyone who wants my impeccable decorating skillz. I mean, I went to the same college as the Fixer Upper couple. I made a Type 3 into a bunny. I know polishing turds. And I think this Nash kinda looks like a bunny.

Steph, Gerry Ringle and the Inglorious Basturds are running ECR in April. FB him, I'm sure they'll have you.

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Guildenstern wrote:

Umm, you signed up for it!  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … edit#gid=0

DC Doug wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

Umm, you signed up for it!  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … edit#gid=0

Yes but then the free entry to the Chihuahua came up. Which is at the same time. Never heard a decision either way.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

It looks like we're going to need some help getting it from Texas toward st Louis.

Justin h was not part of the program.  I'm not sure how I got that wrong.

Are any of the Basturds from OK?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

It looks like we're going to need some help getting it from Texas toward st Louis.

Justin h was not part of the program.  I'm not sure how I got that wrong.

Are any of the Basturds from OK?

Realistically I think we have a solution for ECR to Gingerman after a few emails but I just found out there is no confirmed relay from AZ to Dallas...at least not that the Dallas host knows about.  Folks, lets nut up and get it there.  I need to make flight arrangements this week if I am going to help with the stupid/awesome plan and do the Dallas to Chicago run.

Just in case you didn't get the message Doug, White Trash Racing  would like the Nash for the 10th anniversary race at Gingerman in October.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Doug previously had mentioned driving it from AZ to ECR.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

cheseroo wrote:

Doug previously had mentioned driving it from AZ to ECR.

That's cost prohibitive for everyone involved given I'm in SF and now not going to be able to attend the AZ race.

The AZ>Dallas and Dallas to St. Louis transit stages are the most immediate challenges in the master plan.

Down the line we may have a problem with CMP. It's looking like we may need a new race sponsor and transit solution post race to PA for NJMP. Real life gets in the way sometimes and sometimes we make sober decisions. It's still evolving and I'll let everyone know when I know what we need.

We're looking for a host for the Nash after Barber. Ideally someone drives/tows it to their lair in the deep south nearby a major airport hub w/ a bar and authentic 'Murican food. Sasha and crew will fly down later, fix things, and then drive it to AZ.

It should be street legal, so assuming it runs after Barber this could be a really easy contribution to the Nash it Forward project.

DC Doug wrote:

The AZ>Dallas and Dallas to St. Louis transit stages are the most immediate challenges in the master plan.

Down the line we may have a problem with CMP. It's looking like we may need a new race sponsor and transit solution post race to PA for NJMP. Real life gets in the way sometimes and sometimes we make sober decisions. It's still evolving and I'll let everyone know when I know what we need.

Last I heard OnkelUdo was looking to fly into Dallas and drive the Nash to PA. I believe he was going to make a decision on that this week. Knowing for sure that the Nash would be in Texas would certainly help in the decision.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat