Re: Nash it Forward - 2016 schedule

cabinboy wrote:
DC Doug wrote:

The AZ>Dallas and Dallas to St. Louis transit stages are the most immediate challenges in the master plan.

Down the line we may have a problem with CMP. It's looking like we may need a new race sponsor and transit solution post race to PA for NJMP. Real life gets in the way sometimes and sometimes we make sober decisions. It's still evolving and I'll let everyone know when I know what we need.

Last I heard OnkelUdo was looking to fly into Dallas and drive the Nash to PA. I believe he was going to make a decision on that this week. Knowing for sure that the Nash would be in Texas would certainly help in the decision.

Well, that's the trouble with a race car isn't it.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

DC Doug wrote:
cabinboy wrote:
DC Doug wrote:

The AZ>Dallas and Dallas to St. Louis transit stages are the most immediate challenges in the master plan.

Down the line we may have a problem with CMP. It's looking like we may need a new race sponsor and transit solution post race to PA for NJMP. Real life gets in the way sometimes and sometimes we make sober decisions. It's still evolving and I'll let everyone know when I know what we need.

Last I heard OnkelUdo was looking to fly into Dallas and drive the Nash to PA. I believe he was going to make a decision on that this week. Knowing for sure that the Nash would be in Texas would certainly help in the decision.

Well, that's the trouble with a race car isn't it.

Assuming the Nash isn't in a ball shape after AZ, yes... it will get to Dallas, race Dallas with a team that can fix shit, and be ready for the next leg.

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

103 (edited by Guildenstern 2016-01-25 12:57 PM)

DC Doug wrote:

If it's still going to CMP I can drive it back to PIT afterword, since I'll be down there having dropped it off, if Dave is going to store it. Easier to mooch a ride home from there than CMP. Assuming it drives. Always assuming it drives (that's what you call foreshadowing)

And if it ends up not going to CMP I can take it Gingerman to Pit, or SirThomasCrapper can just huck it back to Dave since it's on his way back, any way works fine for me.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I spoke with Doug Monday(ish) working the CMP schedule. I emailed him, it will be going to CMP, and I just confirmed my schedule, I can still pick it up the week prior.

If you can drive it from CMP, that immensely simplifies my life, as I am now not going to NJ. So I can just leave from CMP back to my new home here in New Orleans.

Which, as I mentioned to Doug, is a welcome rest stop for anyone traveling east to west or west to east. I know its way south, but a 6/8 divert to avoid the K Car snow nightmare might be worth it. Plus, you know, Nawhlins. Good food, beads, beer etc. I am working at the racetrack so there is real secure storage available.

FYI, I have been "removed" from FB so get a hold of me here, or evilmental at gmail dot com

The Other Idiot of Effluencecy

If you are still taking it to CMP then I won't be at CMP since I won't be driving it down. At that point the Easiest thing may be to have SirThomasCrapper just take it back with him from Gingerman to Eastern PA where you can intercept it without having to bother coming west.

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Mental wrote:

FYI, I have been "removed" from FB so get a hold of me here, or evilmental at gmail dot com

Imagination running wild right now...

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

107 (edited by DC Doug 2016-02-08 12:37 PM)

Given the death and banning of the Nash at Barber we're moving on to the Ramble On Forward program. It's Cory Dickman's Race Rambler, a neat car that is street legal, registered, and insured. Currently it needs a new diff installed (we have it), but is otherwise Lemons race and street ready. Oh, it needs a windshield wiper as well (we don't have it).

http://i67.tinypic.com/2hpubg6.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/33dv8lj.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/k1ub11.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/2pzmz6e.jpg

Things you should know about Race Rambler, I'll add things as I remember them:

1. It continually pops out of third gear when you lift, driving it on the street it is not that bad but will from time to time. During race time you   better have a strong left arm to keep it straight and a strong right arm to pop it into gear.
2. Hard right corners, will hiccup every time.
3. Vacuum operated wiper motor - sucks but is in the car. Probably would not hurt to rig up a vacuum reservoir for the wipers
4. Under hard braking and right hand corners will starve for oil. Just accelerate slowly out of the corner until the oil sloshes back to pickup.
5. It runs in the hottest of Buttonwillow races at 165 degrees
6. There is a relay just above the parking brake for the electronic fuel pump. Also acts as my anti theft device.
7. Speaking of theft - none of the doors lock - so remove the relay in shady situations.
8. No defroster - but the vent going to the windshield is still there so something could be rigged up.
9. 4 wind wings make it a joy to drive on the hottest of days in a race suit.
10. Alternator conversion from the generator.
11. Currently runs 205/50/R15 on the front and 225/45/15's on the back. The front is the largest you can go without the tire rubbing.
12. Sway bars do not exist, it floats down the road like a Cadillac.
13. There is most of a front suspension setup in one of the provided tupperware storage bins.
14. I'll be at CMP in the fall and would like to drive a stint in it there. Also when it comes back to California for the season ender.
15. Bumper stickers need to be added constantly. Along with the track map outlines on the back window.
16. It will drive on the track for 3 hours, It has a 20 gallon fuel tank (stock) and that little 196 just sips fuel.
17. The steering wheel is huge and not detachable. Makes getting in and out a little cumbersome.
18. Redline for the existing motor is 3600 RPM - no more!
19. We straightened the bent push rods out with a bench vise - so far they have held up OK.
20. The only color for the Rambler is the patina it already has the perfect paint job.
21. Merican motor swaps only - see item 22 for clarification.
22. Judge Steve has vested interest and emotional attachment to the car, you violate the car, you answer to Steve. I personally would not toy with his emotions.
23. It will destroy a set of front tires each race due to the excessive body roll characteristics it exhibits.
24. You may be running in the car with racecast software running the entire time. Meaning 10's of Lemons fans will be capable of dropping in at any time to check on your cross country expedition.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

25. There SHALL BE NO CUTTING OF THE BODY PANELS. Just put your 1/4 midget wide/tall-ass tires back on your midget.

Assuming it doesn't get Nash'd this car is going back to Cory in Jan '17.

Just wondering if engine or transmission swaps will be permitted. I also hear this car has a unique suspension so I'm wondering if there are any planned swaps.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

We also need to fill some of these holes in the schedule people! How is Corey gonna drive at CMP if no team signs up for that race?

cabinboy wrote:

Just wondering if engine or transmission swaps will be permitted. I also hear this car has a unique suspension so I'm wondering if there are any planned swaps.

See item 21 in the list for clarification.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

cabinboy wrote:

We also need to fill some of these holes in the schedule people! How is Corey gonna drive at CMP if no team signs up for that race?

If it makes it and I am there I would like to drive it. If it doesn't make it oh well.

cdickman12 wrote:
cabinboy wrote:

Oops. Missed it. Thanks. Will you be in Arizona?

I'm planning on going to cmp fall. I could relinquish my captaincy for gingerman to udo and bring it to SC.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

DC Doug wrote:

Given the death and banning of the Nash at Barber

Would anyone share what have happened to Nash exactly?

russian wrote:
DC Doug wrote:

Given the death and banning of the Nash at Barber

Would anyone share what have happened to Nash exactly?

It stalled on track just after a crest in a hill and was rear ended by a Miata which caused it to flip on it's roof.

cabinboy wrote:

It stalled on track just after a crest in a hill and was rear ended by a Miata which caused it to flip on it's roof.

That would get the Nash removed from the race regardless of any damage, per Rule 6.3, but what's this about banning? Of course Lemons HQ can ban any person or any vehicle as they see fit but was anything in particular mentioned as a deciding factor?

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Ban all Miatas!

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

The rear of the car was Shredded. I didn't hear a full accounting of damage, but when everything that was holding the fuel cell in gets torn apart and the fuel cell is just hanging out the back of the car, it's done.

cabinboy wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:
cabinboy wrote:

No Arizona for me.

Just Racing the California races and CMP in the fall with Dave Morrow. Now that the car is circulating the country I may try and find a venue to run it with those shuttling it. I would like to do Denver or the 10th anniversary race if it makes it there. Time off with the projects we have at work is at a premium so I have to pick carefully.

123 (edited by DC Doug 2016-02-08 08:22 PM)

Guildenstern wrote:

The rear of the car was Shredded. I didn't hear a full accounting of damage, but when everything that was holding the fuel cell in gets torn apart and the fuel cell is just hanging out the back of the car, it's done.

Nash at dead stop attempting to get off the line and into the dirt just past blind crest after stalling out. GRM Miata going at what was obvious speed crests hill, comes inside a bit and submarines beneath the RR of the Nash. It shears the stock c3 vette fuel tank supports (the supports and the bolts holding it to the frame), crushes the 'vette transverse leaf spring into the differential cover crushing it, crushes the RR trailing and lower control arms, and shears the transmission cross member bolts. Then the Nash flipped over (from RR to LF) and the GRM driver almost caught the Nash bumper in the face through the windshield. GRM driver is okay from what I understand from yesterday. The Miata is totaled. Nash is fixable, but it will take considerable fab. Stef, the Nash driver, has a severe concussion, deep tissue bruises, and is banned from Lemons for a year. She'll never play football again. Oh, and for good measure, a 924/944 waylaid the Miata from the rear also taking itself out of the race.

This is how I understand the incident. I was not at the race.

124 (edited by DC Doug 2016-02-09 12:47 AM)

cabinboy wrote:

Looks like we've got the race and transit logistics pretty much worked out through NJMP in May. We need transit west, hopefully to BFE in CO in June. It would be nice to see it run there. We've got transit from there and a sponsor or two (me and Jim Bauman of BertOne fame) for Thunderhill in July. Then back east where we have race sponsors, but no transit solutions yet.

Mental and Mike Ferenchak are handling CMP.

cdickman12 wrote:
cabinboy wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

No Arizona for me.

Just Racing the California races and CMP in the fall with Dave Morrow. Now that the car is circulating the country I may try and find a venue to run it with those shuttling it. I would like to do Denver or the 10th anniversary race if it makes it there. Time off with the projects we have at work is at a premium so I have to pick carefully.

If you want to drive the 10th anniversary race you're in. My normal team is running it for that race and I'll be in charge.