Topic: I am Disappoint

There is no updates here on the forum about the Rambler. Is there some cabal we must all belong to in order to learn of the progress / lack of progress of the Ramble Oner?

Not all of us are on Facespace, ya know.

Re: I am Disappoint

Oh boy, where do you begin? Last posts I saw Steve finally tried to leave this morning but is dead on the side of the road. Alternator not working and a dead battery. Still a lot of work left to be done once it gets here to Chicago.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Long story short: Steve McDaniel is in Rambler Hell somewhere between The Lone Star State and The Windy City fixing everything with Gorilla Tape.

Everything equals master cylinder, alternator, camber, toe, brakes, etc. Turns out doing a full engine, transmission, brakes, and suspension swap in a week on a 1961 Ramber and then trying to do a Lemons race and then drive it from Texas to Chicago is full of karmic pitfalls and potential failure points that become actual failure points.

PS - Get on FaceWebs, Spank!

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

skivittlerjimb wrote:

That would severely cut into his CL time searching for shitboxes.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

cheseroo wrote:
skivittlerjimb wrote:

That would severely cut into his CL time searching for shitboxes.

And we cannot have that. It provides so much entertainment.

Spank wrote:

Not all of us are on Facespace, ya know.

Glad I'm not the only one...

Perennial Losers
Mazda 787b aka '75 914 - Org Choice @ The Ridge, 2015; IGS @ TH, 2018
BMW M1 Procar aka '80 RX-7 (retired) - Zero awards sad

So where is the Rambler news on Fakebake? I looked on the Race Rambler FB page...

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

Ramble on Forward.......

He just escaped from Texas.......

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

About two hours ago he posted that he was halfway. Said the car is running great. It's loud and rattly and his ass is sore but he loves it.

cabinboy wrote:

his ass is sore but he loves it.

Why am I not surprised

My wife hosted a french exchange student when she was in high school.  The girl used to say "I am boring" when she meant that she was bored.  The title of this thread reminds me of that story. 

Anyway, cabinboy has the Rambler.  It's coming to my place for whatever work we can complete in the next 4 days.  It'll be in the trailer for Gingerman on Thursday morning.

If any of you in the Chicagoland area want to help us work on the Rambler, we'd appreciate any extra help we can get.  I live in the western suburbs.

Most importantly, if you're good with setting timing and adjusting carbs, we could really use your help.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

The hot-dog is in the bun.

Key exchange. CHECK/
https://scontent.ftpa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/12994558_1456603247699249_1487700504622161634_n.jpg?oh=7a189781d7facc8895375647606a4755&oe=577E8AC2

This space for rent.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/06-06-K-It-FWD-1987-Plymouth-Reliant-626x426.jpg

I haven't changed much in three years. Sure haven't gotten any smarter.

From the participants perspective, it's a hell of a lot easier to launch the Facebook app and post a status, than it is to do it from here.  Especially if you want to share a picture.

It's the 21st century Spank, welcome to it!

I'm really surprised you're not on FB.  You, of all people, with your legendary themes, belong there posting stuff for the rest of the world to follow.

bs

What FB page is it?

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

Ramble
On
Forward

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

BigBird wrote:

Ramble
On
Forward

TYVM, Here it is in Intertube link format - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1711300149102585/

Y'all need Jeeeeesus, and forum posts.

I hate facebook (even though I have one). Stuff gets lost there. Sure it's easy to post pictures, but then they're gone, forever lost. At least on a forum I can come back years later and relive the magic of a story.

Case in point, that Lemons racer lounge. People post the same tech/gear questions over and over because the last post asking the same thing got buried within hours. Meanwhile the answers are sitting here.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

I hate facebook (even though I have one). Stuff gets lost there. Sure it's easy to post pictures, but then they're gone, forever lost. At least on a forum I can come back years later and relive the magic of a story.

Case in point, that Lemons racer lounge. People post the same tech/gear questions over and over because the last post asking the same thing got buried within hours. Meanwhile the answers are sitting here.

People post the same questions here too.  Yes, at least this is a little more structured.  However, it's a nightmare to try to post a picture here, and a lot easier to access FB when you're on the road.

bs

bshorey wrote:

People post the same questions here too.  Yes, at least this is a little more structured.  However, it's a nightmare to try to post a picture here, and a lot easier to access FB when you're on the road.

bs

I won't argue that. But at least I can come here, search for something, and usually find an answer. I like forums for knowledge retention, and facebook for mindless "look what I'm doing".

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

You can watch it go through tech right now.
http://racecast.me/45-masonry/211-2016- … on-forward

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Maverick74 wrote:

You can watch it go through tech right now.
http://racecast.me/45-masonry/211-2016- … on-forward

Too bad i cant open the link. 404