Topic: 2 races. @ No posts.

So what's the deal? Am I the only one who cares? It's got it's own complete section of the forum...

And nothin'.

Is anyone even racing this thing?

Re: 2 races. @ No posts.

Nope. It was lawn art the last two races.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

We tried to get it out on the track. But it was not registered.
@NJMP

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

Ok, thanks. Sounds like maybe nobody wants to be responsible for blowing up or breaking / wrecking someone else's stuff. Maybe with the K there was a pretty clear, "We don't care what happens to it" attitude. Maybe the Rambler is kinda too cool to not care about.

I'll stop asking. Appreciate the responses.

No racing, either. I think the Rambler deserved I Got Screwed. Not the team, but the car itself.

6 (edited by Guildenstern 2016-05-16 09:59 PM)

Spank wrote:

Ok, thanks. Sounds like maybe nobody wants to be responsible for blowing up or breaking / wrecking someone else's stuff. Maybe with the K there was a pretty clear, "We don't care what happens to it" attitude. Maybe the Rambler is kinda too cool to not care about.

I'll stop asking. Appreciate the responses.

Yea it hasn't been the NSF "We just don't care what happens" style with the Rambler. They apparently want this car back at the end, and not as razor blades or burned in protest on John Rambler's front lawn.

But it will be in Steve McDaniel and Corey's hands again soon, they'll make it go out on track out of sheer force of will if need be.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Yeah it was pretty disappointing to see the ol gal just sitting in the paddock for two races in a row, hope this thing gets some track time soon!

Squatting Dog Racing
2000 Mustang - sold to those Hokie Pokie losers
1970 Valiant - 2015 Southern Discomfort Organizer's Choice - 2016 Southern Discomfort Most Heroic Fix

8 (edited by ninjacoco 2016-05-18 07:20 PM)

1. Take keys
2. Start car
3. Drive on track

Double-check with the Lemons folks, but I really don't think they'd even care at this point if it's registered or not.

Steve took it out a few laps at cmp.

10 (edited by derekste 2023-10-09 12:55 PM)

Spank wrote:

Maybe the Rambler is kinda too cool to not care about.

It might have taken 5 years, but the Rambler once again rambles on.

edit: when did the Rambler last run before this weekend?

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Details about the rambling? People are interested. There are dozens of us.

BSOD Racing, 1987 Fiat X1/9

rozap_ wrote:

Details about the rambling? People are interested. There are dozens of us.

It now has a 3.8L Ford V6 and a microsquirt, plus all the updates to make it safe after a 5+ year hiatus from Lemons racing.

There were about four dozen "punch list" items that the car needed before it was ready to race, so we didn't get in on track until Sunday afternoon. It did 10 laps, but we discovered a hydraulic system leak and decided to call it "good enough" at that point (no parts, little time left to race).

Qualitatively, the car wasn't that bad to drive!  She's down on power (needs tuned), has no instrumentation, the seating position is rubbish (for a tall guy like me), and the brakes are ambiguous at best....

.... but hot damn if I wasn't ready to start pushing it by the time I had promised I would pull off the track to make sure the car wasn't totally disintegrating from beneath me big_smile

I uploaded some pics to the FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1711300149102585/