Topic: LeMelons - $300 car dirt racing in Canada (sans safety provisions)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fECqu4r6rCQ

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

Re: LeMelons - $300 car dirt racing in Canada (sans safety provisions)

I'm IN.............

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

This is how it all starts, people. . . .how did the Canadians keep this secret from this crowd so long?

Saw the video yesterday. All fun and games until the first death/dismemberment/fire from lack of safety equipment.

Looks fun though!

Looks like they're moving pretty slow, but an expired harness would be cheap and make it 10 times safer...if properly installed.

6 (edited by addict#52 2016-03-25 11:26 PM)

fyremanbill wrote:

Looks like they're moving pretty slow, but an expired harness would be cheap and make it 10 times safer...if properly installed.

Agreed, done something kinda like this at local fairs, even at slow speed can still put it on the roof
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uocz9uzqbfs8wil/FB_IMG_1438333179429.jpg?dl=0
I know there's a better pic somewhere, where my helmet is half out the window, let's say after that window nets went in

The bicycle helmets make me a little nervous, but I'd still go watch this as a spectator.

FTFY

addict#52 wrote:
fyremanbill wrote:

Agreed, done something kinda like this at local fairs, even at slow speed can still put it on the roof
https://photos-4.dropbox.com/t/2/AAA0wXHpQtuqKf3Ezi9cdsWTZ79r5ZWFz-7XCS2UZ98dfQ/12/549347287/jpeg/32x32/3/1459022400/0/2/FB_IMG_1438333179429.jpg/EJ_uh7MEGAIgAigC/RJvK7f9XvqsfGErXOBVobkar9G5s7FCtcQpwmCBvPN4?size_mode=3&size=1280x960
I know there's a better pic somewhere, where my helmet is half out the window, let's say after that window nets went in

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

Sweet! It was late at night and I gave up trying... Can you not use Dropbox?

This looks like the rubber-to-ice enduros put on by New Meadows Ice Racing Association...there may still be a couple parts from Fiasco (my daily driver turned TSD rally turned rallycross turned ice racing XR4Ti from 15 years ago) on the Merkurian Falcon.

I'd do it, but have been considered less-than-all-there by some...

addict#52 wrote:

I can use Dropbox, but it's the tinkerer in me. Why doesn't this work? I say to nobody there.

billybobster wrote:
addict#52 wrote:

I can use Dropbox, but it's the tinkerer in me. Why doesn't this work? I say to nobody there.

Guess I ment, can you use a link from Dropbox to post pics on the forum?

addict#52 wrote:
billybobster wrote:
addict#52 wrote:

Oops.

Yes except the URL you will see when looking at an image via Dropbox is not a direct link to the image that the forum software wants to show an image.

To get that URL for the image itself, in Chrome, right click on the picture and  click "Copy Image Address." Then paste that into your post and wrap it in an img tag. In Firefox, it is the same procedure except it's called "Copy Image Location." In Internet Exploder, you right click on the image, click Properties, then you have to copy and paste the image address that appears in the pop-up box.

billybobster wrote:
addict#52 wrote:
billybobster wrote:

Oops.

Yes except the URL you will see when looking at an image via Dropbox is not a direct link to the image that the forum software wants to show an image.

To get that URL for the image itself, in Chrome, right click on the picture and  click "Copy Image Address." Then paste that into your post and wrap it in an img tag. In Firefox, it is the same procedure except it's called "Copy Image Location." In Internet Exploder, you right click on the image, click Properties, then you have to copy and paste the image address that appears in the pop-up box.

Sweet, I was doing it on my phone with the Dropbox app, guess the copy link feature doesn't work for this. Thanks for the help

while this looks like a normal commute to work.... going with OUT.

Reason: the guy in the smart car that nearly toppled over. NOPE, Not a chance without a ..... ........ wait for it....... ....... RollCage.