Topic: Cadillac Fleetwood tow vehicle?

Anyone have any experience towing with the 90s B/D bodies? Found a hella sweet '93 Fleetwood in my neighborhood for a good price. It needs to be able to tow a heavy (3000+ lb) vehicle over mountains with some level of impunity. And it would make a great Judgemobile (when we won't need it to fetch transmissions)!

Good idea or no?

Re: Cadillac Fleetwood tow vehicle?

Sanctimoniously wrote:

Anyone have any experience towing with the 90s B/D bodies? Found a hella sweet '93 Fleetwood in my neighborhood for a good price. It needs to be able to tow a heavy (3000+ lb) vehicle over mountains with some level of impunity. And it would make a great Judgemobile (when we won't need it to fetch transmissions)!

Good idea or no?

You are asking the wrong crowd....All ideas brought forth on this forum are absolutely brilliant and above reproach.....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

I love Fleetwoods. I love them so.

No idea on how they are towing, though. Any idea what it's rated for?

Found on interwebs:

Max towing capacity: 5,000 lbs.
Max towing capacity with V4P Trailer Towing Option: 7,000 lbs.

TRAILER TOWING PACKAGE

Goodyear Eagle GA P235/70R15 * Heavy-Duty Cooling System * Rear Axle, 3.42:1 Ratio * Ride Handling Suspension System (FE2) * Trailer Wiring Harness

Other research advocates towing in Drive and adding a trans cooler.  S/F....Ken M

Not quite a Fleetwood......but....
Can I interest you in an Eldorado???
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/BigBird57/cad-noble-sml_zpsos3ytdhd.jpg

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

echosixmike wrote:

Found on interwebs:

Max towing capacity: 5,000 lbs.
Max towing capacity with V4P Trailer Towing Option: 7,000 lbs.

TRAILER TOWING PACKAGE

Goodyear Eagle GA P235/70R15 * Heavy-Duty Cooling System * Rear Axle, 3.42:1 Ratio * Ride Handling Suspension System (FE2) * Trailer Wiring Harness

Other research advocates towing in Drive and adding a trans cooler.  S/F....Ken M

Yeah, I think the Fleetwood we were looking at has the towing package. If we pull the trigger on it, I guess it won't be winning any drag races but it shouldn't have any issues towing our Lucerne and a trailer.

Sanctimoniously wrote:

Yeah, I think the Fleetwood we were looking at has the towing package. If we pull the trigger on it, I guess it won't be winning any drag races but it shouldn't have any issues towing our Lucerne and a trailer.

Just make sure to get auxiliary braking if you do an sort of hills...by this I mean even a tow dolly can have surge or electric brakes...get that.

A hearse would make a cool towing vehicle if you cans find one of those